Renat Dadashov (1 Viewer)

capel & collindridge

not sure I would call 7 games no goals good progress,do we see him ahead of what we already have though ? That’s if there even any truth in this I doubt there is.To the question of how much better can we realistically get ? What than a 21 year old loan with no experience in England ? Really ?
The good progress is for a 20 year old to be getting games in the top flight of Portuguese football. To be considered good enough to get games while on loan, and possibly playing in games against teams like Porto and Benfica is some achievement. As a 19 and 20 year old, Callum Wilson scored just 2 in 20 loan appearances for non-league Kettering and Tamworth. That is not unusual for a talented young striker early in their career. Even an exceptionally talented striker like Tammy Abraham scored just 5 in 31 appearances on loan to Swansea as a 19 and 20 year old. There is no real evidence yet that we are interested in Dadashov. But someone good enough to play 15 times for Germany U-17s and score 13 goals must have potential to do well in the Championship. We'd be mugs not to welcome a player like that if MR thinks he's good enough.

cc84cov

The good progress is for a 20 year old to be getting games in the top flight of Portuguese football. To be considered good enough to get games while on loan, and possibly playing in games against teams like Porto and Benfica is some achievement. As a 19 and 20 year old, Callum Wilson scored just 2 in 20 loan appearances for non-league Kettering and Tamworth. That is not unusual for a talented young striker early in their career. Even an exceptionally talented striker like Tammy Abraham scored just 5 in 31 appearances on loan to Swansea as a 19 and 20 year old. There is no real evidence yet that we are interested in Dadashov. But someone good enough to play 15 times for Germany U-17s and score 13 goals must have potential to do well in the Championship. We'd be mugs not to welcome a player like that if MR thinks he's good enough.
Yes fair post there mate

cooperskyblue

Took me a while to get on the O’Hare bandwagon mate I’m not fussed if we don’t sign him either he wasn’t a starter for us more impact player,plenty of potential etc which doesn’t mean much either but would be a welcomed addition if he did come,I have a feeling he will go elsewhere following the money.

Not fussed if we sign him , please tell me who you think we will get, or you would prefer us to get instead of O'hare who is better in your opinion? You quite rightly say he was an impact player more than a starter, but boy did he have an impact, scored some crucial goals, added flair and creativity at times when we lacked it and is only going to get better and the fact he made such an impact shows how important he was. I personally would be absolutely over the moon if we sign him.

Garryb80

Not fussed if we sign him , please tell me who you think we will get, or you would prefer us to get instead of O'hare who is better in your opinion? You quite rightly say he was an impact player more than a starter, but boy did he have an impact, scored some crucial goals, added flair and creativity at times when we lacked it and is only going to get better and the fact he made such an impact shows how important he was. I personally would be absolutely over the moon if we sign him.
So you don't believe there is a single player out there that is better than ohare?

cooperskyblue

So you don't believe there is a single player out there that is better than ohare?
I'm sure there is. Never said there isn't.No idea who. And whether we could get them. I would personally love to see us sign him. If not it will be a shame as I think he is a quality player but I 100% trust we will have other options.
We didn't sign Bright and we got O'hare if we don't get O'hare there will be someone else.
I only want him if he wants to sign, I have full faith in Robins and Badlan I just dont think we should understate the quality O'hare has and showed during the season. Won't be easy finding someone better.

Garryb80

I'm sure there is. Never said there isn't.No idea who. And whether we could get them. I would personally love to see us sign him. If not it will be a shame as I think he is a quality player but I 100% trust we will have other options.
We didn't sign Bright and we got O'hare if we don't get O'hare there will be someone else.
I only want him if he wants to sign, I have full faith in Robins and Badlan I just dont think we should understate the quality O'hare has and showed during the season. Won't be easy finding someone better.
But you are putting your faith in an unproven player in the championship. Yes he was good this year but how do we know he will step up. I wouldn't be paying a fortune in wages to find out if someone who is proven is better value.

covcity4life

In the current season he has been on loan to a Portuguese first division side Pacos de Ferreira where he has made seven appearances. No goals but for a 20 year old player (Was 21 in May) that is good progress. How much better do we need? How much better can we realistically get?
Saw them play Porto few weeks back. They looked a decent team. Didn't look out for him Unforuntley

cc84cov

He wasn’t a starter in league 1 he probably wants assurances he will be starting I doubt he would make the first 11 on opening day but i could be wrong,O’Hare is decent great potential but he’s not irreplaceable mate if he signs great if he don’t we move on.

Robins left him out a lot last season used an impact sub so the manager must of thought we had better last season at league 1 level never mind the championship.

Personally I think the move for O’Hare is probably off I think it would of been done by now players been released and we had him last season.

Hobo

Nobody should have assurances of a starting place. Players need to put in the graft and back themselves. Performances pick the team not assurances.

Nonleagueherewecome

Kevin J.png

So now we’re signing Football Manager regens?

I can't think what you mean...
Kevin%20J.png

Definitely a ballplaying defender! Came through the youth team when I took over in D3(L2) & has acted as backup to first-choice Dean Yates & Mike Flynn at CB. Broke into the Eng U21's last season in D2. Now we're in D1 & with the first-choicers in their late 20's, he might establish himself next season when we reach the Prem.

Got Robins in D2 last season after Norwich were relegated too, think its gone quite well...

Mark R.png

Mark%20R.png

Last edited:

cooperskyblue

But you are putting your faith in an unproven player in the championship. Yes he was good this year but how do we know he will step up. I wouldn't be paying a fortune in wages to find out if someone who is proven is better value.

I've never said break the bank. I would put faith in all the new signings. But yes I would put faith in O'hare as I thought je was very good. Not to say someone else wouldn't be as good if not better. I wouldn't break the bank to sign him but if we can then as I say I think it would be a great signing.

Most of our squad is unproven at this level, we don't know if they will rise up, but I put the same faith in that most of them will rise to the occasion as O'hare would and will if we or someone else in the Championship signs him.

cooperskyblue

He wasn’t a starter in league 1 he probably wants assurances he will be starting I doubt he would make the first 11 on opening day but i could be wrong,O’Hare is decent great potential but he’s not irreplaceable mate if he signs great if he don’t we move on.

Robins left him out a lot last season used an impact sub so the manager must of thought we had better last season at league 1 level never mind the championship.

Personally I think the move for O’Hare is probably off I think it would of been done by now players been released and we had him last season.

Agree completely that the longer it goes on as always is the case it becomes less likely. Our recruitment will have planned for the chance that he wouldn't sign and if he doesn't good luck to him.
What O'hare had was the ability to change a game. Often I felt we played Westbrooke and Shipley as starters as I don't think either of them would have that ame explosive impact that O'hare showed.

Will be interesting to see who we sign for that position be it Ohare or not.

SBAndy

Agree completely that the longer it goes on as always is the case it becomes less likely. Our recruitment will have planned for the chance that he wouldn't sign and if he doesn't good luck to him.
What O'hare had was the ability to change a game. Often I felt we played Westbrooke and Shipley as starters as I don't think either of them would have that ame explosive impact that O'hare showed.

Will be interesting to see who we sign for that position be it Ohare or not.

Heard on the grapevine that we did offer him a contract and he’s rejected it. May be true, may not.

CanadianCCFC

not sure I would call 7 games no goals good progress,do we see him ahead of what we already have though ? That’s if there even any truth in this I doubt there is.To the question of how much better can we realistically get ? What than a 21 year old loan with no experience in England ? Really ?
Only 1 start
285 minutes played according to transfermarkt which is about 3 games

Ring Of Steel

plus he slots straight in, he knows the setup, knows the staff, zero time needed to integrate.

junglej13

Sounds like it was the club rather than the player. Wonder whether we wanted the option to buy at the end of the loan possibly.

Jesse Carver

He's gone on loan to Grasshopper Zurich in the Swiss second division.

Looks like Grasshopper are set to become a feeder club for Wolves:-

Hong Kong-based Champion Union of Jenny Wang acquires 90 percent of the shares that Stueber and Anliker now own. Wang is the wife of Guo Guangchang, whose Fosun Group owns U.K.-based Wolverhampton Wanderers.

The new president of GCZ, Sky Sun, and the new manager of sport, Bernard Schuiteman, are both currently employed by the Wolves, a successful Premier League club.

Link

Last edited:

Skybluedownunder

I guess they had the patience to see the deal through

To be honest the guy sounds like a diva. Rejected blues in Jan, don’t know what happened with us if we lost interest or he didn’t want to but either way I’m glad as I didn’t want him, best of luck to the player but hope we get a much better player in cause him joining did not excite me one bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread