Gillingham

Shrewsbury H
Burton A
Millwall H

I think 73 points will get to play offs
I think we will get 69 :-(

Evo1883

Look .
Personally think it's too late , but a strong finish to the season and finish on 69/70 points would be great .
It's not ideal after our poor run which has cost us atleast a playoff place and we could potentially miss out by a couple of points , but it would be a nice way to finish what has overal been an enjoyable season , atleast for me

Otis

Barnsley:

Sheff Utd. A

Colchester H

Wigan A

Gillingham:

Shrewsbury H

Burton A

Millwall H

Sheff Utd.

Barnsley H

CITY A

Scunthorpe H

Rochdale:

Port Vale A

Swindon H

Colchester A

Scunthorpe:

Peterborough A

Port Vale H

Sheff Utd. A

Otis

What we would need to happen is a quite improbable sequence of results.

1. We would have to win all 3 remaining fixtures.

2. Gillingham would have to get no more than 3 points from their 3 games. Therefore, 1 win, 2 losses, or 3 draws. or 3 losses.

3. Barnsley would have to get the same sequence. No more than 1 win, but that would have to be accompanied by 2 loses or worse.

skyblue1991

No one to blame but the manager and players.

If Tudgay would've scored in the last min against Gills
If we would've held on at home to Oldham and away to Swindon.

Including our dreadful run of form we would be in the play-offs.

TM must be kicking himself.

rob9872

Cliché time but a game at a time and let's see. If we can win the next two and Sheffield utd win at barnsley , then looking at fixtures I'm convinced we'll still have a chance going to Oldham. Ultimately will still fall short I believe as gillingham will do enough on last day, but i can see us on 69 and them on 72 pre kick off and just to have a chance and get the buzz with an outside chance would be amazing.

Otis

No one to blame but the manager and players.

If Tudgay would've scored in the last min against Gills
If we would've held on at home to Oldham and away to Swindon.

Including our dreadful run of form we would be in the play-offs.

TM must be kicking himself.

Just one ore win from anywhere are we would be in with a great chance

st john

It's not all over yet, in theory we can still finish ahead of Bradford and Millwall.
Maybe there will still be some twists and turns to come.

Otis

It's not all over yet, in theory we can still finish ahead of Bradford and Millwall.
Maybe there will still be some twists and turns to come.

Ah, yes, we can finish above Millwall, but would need them to lose all 3 matches. As they play Gillingham, that would mean they would need to lose that game, which would then in turn give Gillingham 72 points and mean that Gillingham would only need 1 more point from the remaining 2.

st john

What we would need to happen is a quite improbable sequence of results.

1. We would have to win all 3 remaining fixtures.

2. Gillingham would have to get no more than 3 points from their 3 games. Therefore, 1 win, 2 losses, or 3 draws. or 3 losses.

3. Barnsley would have to get the same sequence. No more than 1 win, but that would have to be accompanied by 2 loses or worse.
4. Bradford would have to lose 2 and draw the third
5. Millwall would have to lose all 3
I think the most unlikely of that lot would be us winning all 3, but wouldn't be surprised to see at least one of 2 to 5 happening

Last edited:

st john

Ah, yes, we can finish above Millwall, but would need them to lose all 3 matches. As they play Gillingham, that would mean they would need to lose that game, which would then in turn give Gillingham 72 points and mean that Gillingham would only need 1 more point from the remaining 2.
But still possible (I'm an optimist)

Mr T - Sukka!

Its going to require around 75 points. We can only get to 72 if we can win the remaining 3 games.

We have not won 5 in a row since 97-98.

Its not happening ladies, let it go.

Otis

4. Bradford would have to lose 2 and draw the third
5. Millwall would have to lose all 3
I think the most unlikely of that lot would be us willing all 3, but wouldn't be surprised to see at least one of 2 to 5 happening

But I think we can forget about Bradford and Millwall. The only two that we would need to overtake in reality is Barnsley and Gillingham.

The teams just above us are only 2 points clear, so eminently catchable. The two we would have to target is Barnsley and Gillingham.

st john

But I think we can forget about Bradford and Millwall. The only two that we would need to overtake in reality is Barnsley and Gillingham.

The teams just above us are only 2 points clear, so eminently catchable. The two we would have to target is Barnsley and Gillingham.
Yes, like nearly everyone, I don't think we can do it now but all of those scenarios are possible, and I can remember similarly unlikely football scenarios in past seasons. Not many, granted, but a few.

skybluedan

Yeah I'm gutted it's to little to late but am quite humble of the fact that we are not in a dogfight , I like what Tm is trying to do here. Still be better if sisu died but hey onwards and upwards
weve got the euros to make it a quick summer , let's see what happens

skybluedan

Yes, like nearly everyone, I don't think we can do it now but all of those scenarios are possible, and I can remember similarly unlikely football scenarios in past seasons. Not many, granted, but a few.

just straight away think. Aguerooooooooo

chiefdave

As they say its a funny old game but I think we've left it a couple of weeks to late.

Even in the unlikely event that we win all our remaining games I can't see others dropping enough points.

mark82

As they say its a funny old game but I think we've left it a couple of weeks to late.

Even in the unlikely event that we win all our remaining games I can't see others dropping enough points.

Barnsley may drop enough points due to tough fixtures. Gillingham not in best form. Sheff Utd will be below us if we win last 3. Others just outside playoffs I think will drop some points.

Very unlikely still but is possible.

skyblue025

Totally unrealistic to think that FIVE other teams will drop enough points for us to get into the playoffs with 3 games left. 2 or 3 maybe, 5 no chance.

Gazolba

<snip> that would have to be accompanied by 2 loses or worse.

I'm scratching my head to think what could be worse than two losses.

rupert_bear

Realistically the only team to catch is Gillingham, that's hard enough but winning all our last three games is tougher.

Otis

Realistically the only team to catch is Gillingham, that's hard enough but winning all our last three games is tougher.
Too many results need to go our way and too many clubs need to stumble.

As well as Rochdale and Scunthorpe not picking up enough points, we need Sheff Utd ideally to beat Barnsley on Saturday, followed then by us beating Sheff Utd. next week.

Gillingham have to pick up less than 4 points from their last 3 games too.

Otis

IF Sheff Utd beat Barnsley on Saturday and Gillingham fail to beat Shrewsbury and Port Vale get something against Rochdale and Peterborough get something against Scunthorpe and we beat Doncaster, then we have an excellent chance.

covmark

IF Sheff Utd beat Barnsley on Saturday and Gillingham fail to beat Shrewsbury and Port Vale get something against Rochdale and Peterborough get something against Scunthorpe and we beat Doncaster, then we have an excellent chance.
That's my accy sorted for the weekend. Cheers Otis.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

covcity4life

we win vs donny and the season is still alive when we play our last home game of the season. thats the next goal.

skybluesam66

15 games before saturday, 2 wins and 3 draws - 9 points

looking at those missed opportunities in that period
Walsall - let in late equaliser -2 points
Port vale - let in late equaliser -2 points
Fleetwood - conceded late winner -1 point
Rochdale - conceded late winner -1 point
Gillingham - crossbar in last minute -2 points

That is the frustration - and TM shared the fans frustration in his PM interview

M&B Stand

Stick in also Walsall to win at Bradford and you'd probably have a 500/1 6 fold.

Otis

15 games before saturday, 2 wins and 3 draws - 9 points

looking at those missed opportunities in that period
Walsall - let in late equaliser -2 points
Port vale - let in late equaliser -2 points
Fleetwood - conceded late winner -1 point
Rochdale - conceded late winner -1 point
Gillingham - crossbar in last minute -2 points

That is the frustration - and TM shared the fans frustration in his PM interview

Don't forget looking back, the Sheff Utd. match. Still scratching my head as to how we didn't come away from that with at least a point.

Users who are viewing this thread