Remaining fixtures (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the Shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. And against the odds, Coventry City get into the play-offs back in 2016.
Maybe he is from the future and posted that at 5 pm tomorrow his time! ;)

Last edited:

Johnnythespider

I've seen things you people wouldn't imagine. Attack ships on fire off the Shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. And against the odds, Coventry City get into the play-offs back in 2016.[h=1][/h]
Time to die

smileycov

Facebook User
this time last week we were 11 points off the play offs
now we are only 6

It will really need an amazing weekend of results to keep us in there with a realistic chance but just if we won and doncaster and barnsley lose, then it becomes exciting

I do like this post.....except if we won, then Doncaster has to lose....we are playing them lol

Otis

Do we feel that Barnsley have to lose tomorrow? Just wondering.

Their last 3 fixtures are Sheff Utd. A, Colchester H and Wigan A.

On paper you would say that the Colchester game looks a nailed on 3 points. Could well be by tomorrow that Colchester are down. I am guessing we are all rooting for a Colchester win tomorrow against Burton. With Colchester 8 points adrift they have to win all 3 matches to even give them the slimmest of chances.

If we can win tomorrow and Colchester's results (theirs and their rivals) go in their favour, they will still be in with a shout when the face Barnsley.

Just looking at the scenario of Sheff U v Barnsley being a draw. Think Colchester would then have to still be in with a shout to get anything from Oakwell.

Or do we need Sheff Utd. to beat Barnsley? The scenario there being Sheff Utd win, we win and then if we beat Sheff Utd we go above them.

Otis

Win all 3 and it will come down to goal difference is my prediction.

Well if that's the case we're pretty much in!!

Only Gillingham have a better goal difference and they obviously need to get 3 points or less. So, 1 win, 2 defeats, or 3 draws and that would give them 72. We win all 3, we too will have 72.

Our goal difference is +16, their's +18. Unless they are going to beat someone out of sight, we will overtake them. Our 3 wins would give us a MINIMUM of +19. If they win 1, they have to lose the other 2, so by the law of averages they are most likely to still be around +18 or slightly worse. I.e. win 2-0, lose 1-0, 1-0, or .win 3-0, lose 1-0, 1-0.

We win all 3 ours will be +19 minimum and possibly more.

Otis

Barnsley have a GD of +13 and again if they win 1 they have to lose 2 to not get past 72 points (that or 3 draws). If they too are to lose 2 games you would have to say they won't get near a GD of +19.

smileycov

Facebook User
Do we feel that Barnsley have to lose tomorrow? Just wondering.

Their last 3 fixtures are Sheff Utd. A, Colchester H and Wigan A.

On paper you would say that the Colchester game looks a nailed on 3 points. Could well be by tomorrow that Colchester are down. I am guessing we are all rooting for a Colchester win tomorrow against Burton. With Colchester 8 points adrift they have to win all 3 matches to even give them the slimmest of chances.

If we can win tomorrow and Colchester's results (theirs and their rivals) go in their favour, they will still be in with a shout when the face Barnsley.

Just looking at the scenario of Sheff U v Barnsley being a draw. Think Colchester would then have to still be in with a shout to get anything from Oakwell.

Or do we need Sheff Utd. to beat Barnsley? The scenario there being Sheff Utd win, we win and then if we beat Sheff Utd we go above them.

Since i appear to have converted your thinking to more dream and hope like me Otis. I agree with you and think Barnsley need to loose tomorrow. That is how i have seen it all pan out in my head. Obv's we need to win all 3 they lose, beat CU then lose again at wigan. Gills win and lose last 2. I think they are the 2 to look at, the others i think will stumble in 1 or 2 of there games so we go above. I think Barnsley are the danger

Gazolba

I don't get this "too little too late" stuff. Winning five games on the trot would not be too little. It would just be too late.

Not if we won all 5 and then missed out on goal difference. Than it would also be too little.

Otis

Since i appear to have converted your thinking to more dream and hope like me Otis. I agree with you and think Barnsley need to loose tomorrow. That is how i have seen it all pan out in my head. Obv's we need to win all 3 they lose, beat CU then lose again at wigan. Gills win and lose last 2. I think they are the 2 to look at, the others i think will stumble in 1 or 2 of there games so we go above. I think Barnsley are the danger
I don't feel I have changed my stance at all though, smiley. :)

I still say that it is improbable. That of course haw nowt to do with me WANTING it to happen though.

I can dream with the rest of you. I can dream and hope for sure. It's still a tall, tall order and we need so much help from elsewhere.

I see the Sheff U v Barnsley game kicks of early, so I will definitely have my eye on that. A Barnsley win and it's just about all over before we even kick off today.

bawtryneal

All will be very clear by 5pm tonight. Not long to wait but, let's all keep dreaming until then
Although Doncaster have picked up 4 points in the last two games they have been very poor since Xmas. I live just outside Donny and the locals are in despair. They think they will get relegated today.
To be frank if we don't beat Donny today then we don't deserve the play offs.

Otis

All will be very clear by 5pm tonight. Not long to wait but, let's all keep dreaming until then
Although Doncaster have picked up 4 points in the last two games they have been very poor since Xmas. I live just outside Donny and the locals are in despair. They think they will get relegated today.
To be frank if we don't beat Donny today then we don't deserve the play offs.
A draw today will probably relegate them too, so no offence to Doncaster, but that would be nice.

Then next week we can put Sheff Utd out of their misery too.

bawtryneal

A draw today will probably relegate them too, so no offence to Doncaster, but that would be nice.

Then next week we can put Sheff Utd out of their misery too.

i think we will win today Otis. A sneaky feeling with AA first goal.

RegTheDonk

Yeah I guess we should be rooting for Shef to beat Barnsley as we can definitely over take them, and psychologically that would dent Barnsley. A lose or a draw for Barnsley today would mean they need to win at least one of their remaining games. I think.

skyblue1991

Let's just win today and see what the table says at 5pm.

We all dream it'll happen but the odds are against us.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

lifeskyblue

Well sheff Utd v Barnsley made a draw. Not the best result but with Barnsley not winning not the worst either. Win today and the slim chance a little fatter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

smileycov

Facebook User
Colchester need to win today, if they loose and are relegated......we are fucked!!!!

Otis

Just need 7 points from our last 2 games #wecandothis

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
You may laugh, but there's always points deductions, doping scandals, fielding ineligible players and admin points deductions.

Come on,we can still do this!!!

Users who are viewing this thread