Released list (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

ok so who are we expecting to be on this , probably released tomorrow .

I reckon

Davies
Burge
Grimmer
Ponticelli
O brien

Any opinions , what are you expecting

Skybluefaz

ok so who are we expecting to be on this , probably released tomorrow .

I reckon

Davies
Burge
Grimmer
Ponticelli
O brien

Any opinions
Can't see Ponticelli being released having been involved vs Donny. Big season for him next season to prove his worth after injury this season.

Deity

Burge
O’Brien
Davies
Brown
Grimmer
And a small number of youth team players

Also leaving ...
Willis
Sterling
Bright
Thomas

Willing to trade ....
One of the 3 strikers
Bayliss if we secure Bright

Positions players needed
2 x keeper
2 x right back
2 x centre half
1x left back
1 x right wing
1x left wing
1x creative central midfield
1 x striker

Garryb80

Burge
O’Brien
Davies
Brown
Grimmer
And a small number of youth team players

Also leaving ...
Willis
Sterling
Bright
Thomas

Willing to trade ....
One of the 3 strikers
Bayliss if we secure Bright

Positions players needed
2 x keeper
2 x right back
2 x centre half
1x left back
1 x right wing
1x left wing
1x creative central midfield
1 x striker
Rose is signed so surely only need 1 centre half if that

skybluesam66

we need a brute of a centre half who heads everything, even if they are not a proper footballer
We also need a keeper who commands their area, and a CF. who dominates the defence

We can play the football around these players

oucho

Don't expect the releases list until next week.

Terry Gibson's perm

Would hope to see Addai ,Bosma , Maycock all on the list that are going.

I would like to see Brown kept but fear he may be on the available list as Robins obviously sees something in McCallum (don’t see it myself)

Terry Gibson's perm

Ponticelli is a possible. He might be on a 5 year deal but surely he wants games? Apart from goalkeepers football seems a short career and even in your early 20’s you would want to getting chances and he isn’t under Robins

I think he might get this next year but probably needs a spell away to get some game time and goals

fernandopartridge

Ponticelli is a possible. He might be on a 5 year deal but surely he wants games? Apart from goalkeepers football seems a short career and even in your early 20’s you would want to getting chances and he isn’t under Robins
He's not going to get one in many other places either imo. I'd like him to prove me wrong but just cannot see him making it at anywhere near this level

sw88

Chief Commentator!
He's not going to get one in many other places either imo. I'd like him to prove me wrong but just cannot see him making it at anywhere near this level

I think that Bremang (?) lad will get a shot next season. So likely to be further down the list again.

We are going to have quite a few strikers on our books next season and on this years form, we still need to improve on that area so we are going to have to sacrifice someone?

Tommo1993

I can't see Chaplin going, nobody is going to pay anywhere near £500,000 to sign him.

Tut! A poll posted on Twitter just now asking fans who’d they play up front next season out of Bakayoko, Biamou, Hiwula and Chaplin. 12 votes so far, not one for Chaplin!

no_loyalty

Tut! A poll posted on Twitter just now asking fans who’d they play up front next season out of Bakayoko, Biamou, Hiwula and Chaplin. 12 votes so far, not one for Chaplin!

Not my point, I am saying nobody is going to buy Chaplin from us, and there is no way we will release him and write off the £500,000 we paid for him.

no_loyalty

Paying 500k for Chaplin was a joke & to then offer him a 4 year contract wtf who makes these decisions

Likewise with Baka, £300,000 for a striker that doesn't do an awful lot.

Grendel

It’s unlikely we paid the fee in one go - there will be conditions

Grendel

Likewise with Baka, £300,000 for a striker that doesn't do an awful lot.

I can’t believe we paid anything we should have been paid to to take him

Magwitch

Baka wasn’t £300k and is our most prolific forward.
I’ve been told the Bakayoko fee was less than £100k, does anyone know the real deal ?
As for Baka he has improved wether it’s good enough we’ll see but he was bought to score goals on a regular basis and clearly that ain’t happening.

larry_david

Chaplin will come good... I hope! Baka well, he was rested/out of the team alot at the start but since jch left we've had no choice but to start him. He'd have been rested for sure if we had another big man. Maybe maxy

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I think that Bremang (?) lad will get a shot next season. So likely to be further down the list again.

We are going to have quite a few strikers on our books next season and on this years form, we still need to improve on that area so we are going to have to sacrifice someone?
We need a big striker who can hold the ball up and cause defences problems in the air. Tippy tappy football is all very well but all too often we are woeful in the opposition box.

Grendel

Baka wasn’t £300k and is our most prolific forward.

The prolific forward stat is nonsense. Alistair Cooke has a better test bowling average than jimmy Anderson.

Bakayoko stats are totally skewed by one game.

Also they get improved with every stinker he has when he invariably gets hauled off the pitch.

Magwitch

I’ve been watching some old games on YouTube, great team at the time like Derby, Leeds, Liverpool etc with plenty of internationals, and what I noticed was the number of direct play, crosses into the area and most importantly headers and shots from all angles, something we don’t do anywhere near enough and that’s shoot or cross, seems to be all about keeping possession. Number of times we get into good attacking situations and the ball ends up back at our centre halves. We need to be more positive I my opinion.

cooperskyblue

I think it's easy to forget that some of our players are still very very young. Chaplin 21, so we gave him a 4 year deal because clearly Robin's sees talent that he can improve and make better, I believe he will come good.

Think they will say they are releasing:
Grimmer
Davies
Burge
Obrien

Opening negotiations with:
Willis

Players who are surplus to requirements:
Brown

cc84cov

I think it's easy to forget that some of our players are still very very young. Chaplin 21, so we gave him a 4 year deal because clearly Robin's sees talent that he can improve and make better, I believe he will come good.

Think they will say they are releasing:
Grimmer
Davies
Burge
Obrien

Opening negotiations with:
Willis

Players who are surplus to requirements:
Brown
Can’t see much he can do with Chaplin the main problem is he’s just not quick enough to be so small at 21 his pace should be at its peak...Michael Owen for example was small but lightening quick

Users who are viewing this thread