Reise Allassani (1 Viewer)

BornSlippySkyBlue

Two goals and two assist for the u23s last night. Is he giving Robins another selection headache do we think, or not ready yet?

fernandopartridge

I think he is. But I'm happy to keep him in u23s for now. Throw him in and he's poor for 45 mins and the clowns will be wanting blood

Indeed. We've already got a couple of players coming back from long term injuries and others adjusting the pace of regular first team football. Should ease Allassani in, it's a long long season.

Warwickhunt

take our time with him and get him some consistancy in his overall play, he needs to be coached on the defensive side of his role in the team.

BornSlippySkyBlue

But, but...2 goals and 2 assists. Maybe he’s the messiah...

Just kidding, think you are all correct that he isn’t yet ready to play regular first team footy, but I kind of hope he will get some opportunities this season if he keeps up this level of play in the 23s.

So many players with potential, it amazes me how fans are so unhappy with the squad just because of the McNulty fiasco (that was largely out of our control IMO).

SkyBlueCRJ

Leave him to ply his trade in the U23's for the time being. It's a long season so it's important that there's no knee-jerk reactions from MR and AV. Throw Allassani in too early and his confidence could very easily crumble if he has a string of poor games. That won't be helped by a selection of our fans demanding blood if he starts out poor. Management staff have to handle young players far more delicately than most people envisage because of this exact reason.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Leave him to ply his trade in the U23's for the time being. It's a long season so it's important that there's no knee-jerk reactions from MR and AV. Throw Allassani in too early and his confidence could very easily crumble if he has a string of poor games. That won't be helped by a selection of our fans demanding blood if he starts out poor. Management staff have to handle young players far more delicately than most people envisage because of this exact reason.
Maybe not a run of games, but the odd subs appearance? Running at tired / booked defenders..

Reactions: vow

better days

He was apparently expected to be the next big thing when he was at Palace as a kid but injuries took their toll and he dropped out of the game for a bit
From what I've seen he's a natural finisher, tricky and has a turn of pace
He'll get his chance
Maybe in Checkatrade games

OffenhamSkyBlue

If we restrict him to playing in the U23s, we run the risk of doing the same to him as seems to have happened with Ponticelli. Manager saying "he's not ready for regular first team football", and not giving him any game time at all, so he became too accustomed to the U19 (?) side and hasn't been able to develop. There are plenty of players younger than him who get played in the first team by Prem clubs, so I think Robins is over-protective of the youngsters. Luke Thomas is only 19, isn't he? And yet he got game time as soon as he was able.

I say get Allassani into first team training, and on the bench for Saturday, bringing him on for the last 20 or so. It'll boost his confidence and he'll get better, rather than becoming disheartened like I think Pontch has.

Nick

Administrator
If we restrict him to playing in the U23s, we run the risk of doing the same to him as seems to have happened with Ponticelli. Manager saying "he's not ready for regular first team football", and not giving him any game time at all, so he became too accustomed to the U19 (?) side and hasn't been able to develop. There are plenty of players younger than him who get played in the first team by Prem clubs, so I think Robins is over-protective of the youngsters. Luke Thomas is only 19, isn't he? And yet he got game time as soon as he was able.

I say get Allassani into first team training, and on the bench for Saturday, bringing him on for the last 20 or so. It'll boost his confidence and he'll get better, rather than becoming disheartened like I think Pontch has.

Allassani does train with the first team doesn't he?

OffenhamSkyBlue

Well, I don't know what the arrangements are, but he needs to be "groomed" (pardon the phrase) for Saturday games, not U23 midweeks. Unless it is a case of getting match fit like they doing with Jodi.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Good points, I guess that MR sees him more than we do and as such is more able to gauge his readiness?

But if he does carry on as he’s started then giving him some first team exposure while confidence is high could be a good thing IMO.

SkyBlueCRJ

Maybe not a run of games, but the odd subs appearance? Running at tired / booked defenders..

Putting him on the bench would be fine. Great way to integrate him slowly. But a few posts on here have suggested he should be thrown straight in instead of Hiwula. For the tome being, bringing on Thomas on the right and Allassani on the left after 75mins or so would be a great way to cause havoc to tiring defenders.

pusbccfc

He was superb in the second half yesterday. Similar player to Jodi.

Very impressed with his composure in front of goal, something we have missed so far.

Magwitch

He’s a class act potentially, what’s the difference if as long he is physically fit giving him a first team chance, I’m talking atleast sub, than putting Jodie Jones in also on the back of a serious injury. Nice problem for Mark Robins to have.

Last edited:

Terry_dactyl

I was quite surprised that he wasn’t in the squad against Scunthorpe given the buzz around him. Really pleased to hear that it sounds like he’s pushing for a place.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
For me MR has be careful with him, maybe bring him on when were 3-0 up or maybe 2-0 give him bit confidence ect get a feel for playing a league 1 game and few cup games basically what he did with JP.

As said above if used wrong people will want blood which be unfair on the lad but let him keep ripping it up in u23s and let MR decide what he wants to do.

steve cooper

Wasn't it the case that MR thought Bayliss wasn't ready until persuaded otherwise? Despite some evidence to the contrary, I think MR can sometimes be over cautious with our own young players. Ponti had a run of a couple of games in the first team last season and just started to show some real promise, then when he got on at Wembley in the last few minutes, in desperation to prove a point he seemed to be trying too hard to get on the score sheet. These young players see other (e.g. loan) youngsters coming straight into the team and can get de-motivated as a result

Nick

Administrator
Wasn't it the case that MR thought Bayliss wasn't ready until persuaded otherwise? Despite some evidence to the contrary, I think MR can sometimes be over cautious with our own young players. Ponti had a run of a couple of games in the first team last season and just started to show some real promise, then when he got on at Wembley in the last few minutes, in desperation to prove a point he seemed to be trying too hard to get on the score sheet. These young players see other (e.g. loan) youngsters coming straight into the team and can get de-motivated as a result

I might be wrong but I think others were telling MR he wasn't ready weren't they?

higgs

We have no room left on the bench

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

luwalla

looked the most exciting and skilful player for us when he came on at nuneaton against derby, and had our first shot on target I think? - although granted it was only the last 10 mins.

Then scored for us against west brown... id have him on the bench every few games, and slide him I that way. He obviously have something to offer & could even be one that falls into first team regular if he proves himself in the games.

Last edited:

steve cooper

I might be wrong but I think others were telling MR he wasn't ready weren't they?
I may have got that wrong then, but I still think Ponti didn't get a fair chance last season, after his 2 goals against Crawley following on from his goal from the bench against Notts C. He didn't really play much of a part after that except against Stevenage, and a few late sub appearances. I get the feeling that Allasani might get the same treatment, he should already have had a decent chance in the first team IMO. Strange really

Nick

Administrator
I may have got that wrong then, but I still think Ponti didn't get a fair chance last season, after his 2 goals against Crawley following on from his goal from the bench against Notts C. He didn't really play much of a part after that except against Stevenage, and a few late sub appearances. I get the feeling that Allasani might get the same treatment, he should already have had a decent chance in the first team IMO. Strange really

Yet Bayliss did get a chance because he obviously stepped up more?

Terry_dactyl

I suspect that Allassani offers more than ponti. not necessarily better just I think he could slot more easily in to our style of play/formation.

Terry Gibson's perm

take our time with him and get him some consistancy in his overall play, he needs to be coached on the defensive side of his role in the team.

Thank god you weren’t the coach here when peter Ndlovu was here he would never have got near the first team, he doesn’t need to have a defensive side leave that to the numerous defenders and defensive midfielders we have.

Warwickhunt

Thank god you weren’t the coach here when peter Ndlovu was here he would never have got near the first team, he doesn’t need to have a defensive side leave that to the numerous defenders and defensive midfielders we have.
if the other players were on top of their mettle then i would most certainly agree with you but unfortuneatly they are somewhat lacking in some respects, its all hands to the pumps in this division.

steve cooper

Yet Bayliss did get a chance because he obviously stepped up more?
Yes, Bayliss is an exceptional talent and that was obviously recognised at the club prior to his first senior game. But that doesn't explain why Ponti has been overlooked this season from a first team place point of view. Ponti started 2 or 3 games at the start of last season, and then was limited to mainly about 10 minutes from the bench until given a chance again in April, when he scored 3 goals in one and a bit games. I think that is very much taking your chance. He didn't score in the next game against Stevenage but no striker can be expected to score in every game. Since then he has not started a game.

Nick

Administrator
Yes, Bayliss is an exceptional talent and that was obviously recognised at the club prior to his first senior game. But that doesn't explain why Ponti has been overlooked this season from a first team place point of view. Ponti started 2 or 3 games at the start of last season, and then was limited to mainly about 10 minutes from the bench until given a chance again in April, when he scored 3 goals in one and a bit games. I think that is very much taking your chance. He didn't score in the next game against Stevenage but no striker can be expected to score in every game. Since then he has not started a game.
He was also competing with mcnulty.

smileycov

Facebook User
I have been asking for him in first team since first game of season!
Yesterday was his first full 90 mins, he is nowhere near ready physically yet. couple more U23's and then potentially start getting last 20 mins of games to ease him in. I think he will be outstanding playing opposite Jones. Maybe we will not see that until Oct/Nov - but should be worth the wait, and be great for the 2nd half of season.

steve cooper

He was also competing with mcnulty.
Ponti's stats since April
Notts C - 13 minutes on the pitch - 1 goal
Crawley - 90 minutes on the pitch - 2 goals
Stevenage 90 minutes on the pitch - 0 goals
Lincoln - 13 minutes on the pitch
Cheltenham -11 minutes on the pitch
Morecambe - unused sub
Notts C playoff - 18 minutes on the pitch
Notts c - 1 minute on the pitch
Exeter - 8 minutes on the pitch
This season
Scunthorpe unused sub
Wimbledon unused sub
Plymouth unused sub
Minutes quoted above do not include time added on.
I know it looks like I am being selective, starting in April but I'm trying to show how little game time he has had since scoring those 3 goals

Users who are viewing this thread