Referee (2 Viewers)

Mcbean

What’s the penalty area got to do with it? If it’s serious foul play (or whatever it’s called now) it’s a red card wherever it is.
I thought VAR only looked at incidents in the penalty area

Nuskyblue

OK. I didn’t remember the VAR check. Not even sure how the rule is worded these days
Excessive force, endangering and opponent, and I think something else.

I can only assume that the VAR thought it was wreckless (a yellow card offence) and left it...

skybluecam

The art of refereeing is being lost. The #1 job of a ref is to control the game. All referees will make mistakes but good ones are able to assert themselves and keep players in line. They're being undermined by VAR, pundits and players/managers and is only getting worse.

The main issue with the ref yesterday was that he looked lost out there. Maybe the early yellow for Kitching was an attempt to assert himself, but it was a strange and poor decision, and from then on he had lost many of the players.

pusbccfc

He was so so bad. Some of the 50/50s were laughable.

David O'Day

As I have said if we had ref from 10 Mike's from cov they'd kick off

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Nuskyblue

Seriously, bias! talk to me, tell me what decisions were biased
The mve one before eccles thought sod it im going through this guy was shocking and looked like cheating but which others
Just a vibe, seemed to go the other way if they could.... All subjective of course.

Brighton Sky Blue

The mve one before eccles thought sod it im going through this guy was shocking and looked like cheating but which others
Simms being held by both arms of a player, almost being wrestled, no foul given even though the ref was almost next to it.

shmmeee

Sheaf was persistence, Bidwell one annoyed me
Simms yc was bollox

Persistence is only a yellow if it’s persistent fouling. He spent the whole game desperate to give them something and got the cards out for the most ridiculous stuff.

Couldn’t get his whistle in his mouth quick enough at the end when he realised we were through on an open goal either.

He shouldn’t be allowed near Leeds games. The most bias refs performance I’ve seen and he’s from fucking Wakefield.

Brighton Sky Blue

Persistence is only a yellow if it’s persistent fouling. He spent the whole game desperate to give them something and got the cards out for the most ridiculous stuff.

Couldn’t get his whistle in his mouth quick enough at the end when he realised we were through on an open goal either.

He shouldn’t be allowed near Leeds games. The most bias refs performance I’ve seen and he’s from fucking Wakefield.
He’s basically from Leeds, as close as you can get. And it showed, though I was sure he’d disallow the first goal or add on 90 minutes at the end

lordy_87

Connor Roberts too..... Diving rat should of been booked twice. Once for the dive feigning a facial injury, and again for that moustache.

Brighton Sky Blue

First time ive shouted cheat at someone in a long long time but it was just so obvious.
Madness to assign him to a fixture of this much importance to a club he probably supports. He’s never had them before from what I can see, so why now?

David O'Day

He is ref from near Leeds who gave them everything. If we had a ref from Leamington who gave us the decisions he gave them, then they would be rightly annoyed.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mcbean

The bookings and foul giving just seemed one sided - Leeds players went down like Brum prozzy and came out with free kick just about each time

Frostie

Thought he started well, happy to let a lot go in terms of physicality both ways but then got steadily worse throughout with some utterly baffling decisions &, as others have said, the final 10-15mins or so were incomprehensible.

Simms was manhandled constantly & the decisions were given against him 9/10 times.

No issues with the yellows as such, all obvious bookings. The issue for me was the Eccles one was a clear foul on MVE first which he totally ignored. Also, no issue with him booking Simms & Ampadu for the spat but Simms held onto him as retaliation for being basically bearhugged, ref waved the incident away then subsequently gave them the free-kick 😵💫

Sky Blue Pete

Thought he started well, happy to let a lot go in terms of physicality both ways but then got steadily worse throughout with some utterly baffling decisions &, as others have said, the final 10-15mins or so were incomprehensible.

Simms was manhandled constantly & the decisions were given against him 9/10 times.

No issues with the yellows as such, all obvious bookings. The issue for me was the Eccles one was a clear foul on MVE first which he totally ignored. Also, no issue with him booking Simms & Ampadu for the spat but Simms held onto him as retaliation for being basically bearhugged, ref waved the incident away then subsequently gave them the free-kick 😵💫
How I saw it too

Users who are viewing this thread