Referee (3 Viewers)

Adge

And it continues………….

The behaviour and conduct of far too many players, managers, coaches, and spectators is the worst we have ever seen in the history of the Northumberland Football League.

The discipline reports coming in over the first 10 weeks of the season, just to Northumberland Football Leagues, have given us and the County FA an incredible amount of work, on top of everything else we do to keep you playing football.
I am not going to lecture adults on how they should behave, it's not my job to teach you the difference between right and wrong, but what I will say is THIS BEHAVIOUR STOPS, AND IT STOPS NOW!

Starting from Saturday 18th November, any team found guilty of any discipline, welfare or misconduct charge WILL BE REMOVED FROM FIXTURES. If those fixtures include cup/competition games, then you will forfeit your place in those competitions.
Teams playing at central venues where parents are found to be acting in an unsuitable manner, verbally or physically abusing/ shouting at a referee, steward, league official, venue staff or opposition coaches/managers, the club in question will have EVERY PARENT/GUARDIAN/SPECTATOR from every team banned from every central venue.

This is children’s football - there is no place for abuse of any type - if you cannot watch a group of children playing football without feeling the need to abuse/shout at a child be they a player or a referee, or you cannot spend an hour and a half without swearing at the opposition coach or confronting a group of parents - then please ask yourself if you have chosen the correct way to spend your weekends.

We are a Respect League and Respect towards players, the officials and each other is the minimum standard which we will accept - NO RESPECT = NO GAME."

For and on behalf of the league management committee,
Lee Scott
League Secretary

#EnoughIsEnough

itsabuzzard

And it continues………….

The behaviour and conduct of far too many players, managers, coaches, and spectators is the worst we have ever seen in the history of the Northumberland Football League.

The discipline reports coming in over the first 10 weeks of the season, just to Northumberland Football Leagues, have given us and the County FA an incredible amount of work, on top of everything else we do to keep you playing football.
I am not going to lecture adults on how they should behave, it's not my job to teach you the difference between right and wrong, but what I will say is THIS BEHAVIOUR STOPS, AND IT STOPS NOW!

Starting from Saturday 18th November, any team found guilty of any discipline, welfare or misconduct charge WILL BE REMOVED FROM FIXTURES. If those fixtures include cup/competition games, then you will forfeit your place in those competitions.
Teams playing at central venues where parents are found to be acting in an unsuitable manner, verbally or physically abusing/ shouting at a referee, steward, league official, venue staff or opposition coaches/managers, the club in question will have EVERY PARENT/GUARDIAN/SPECTATOR from every team banned from every central venue.

This is children’s football - there is no place for abuse of any type - if you cannot watch a group of children playing football without feeling the need to abuse/shout at a child be they a player or a referee, or you cannot spend an hour and a half without swearing at the opposition coach or confronting a group of parents - then please ask yourself if you have chosen the correct way to spend your weekends.

We are a Respect League and Respect towards players, the officials and each other is the minimum standard which we will accept - NO RESPECT = NO GAME."

For and on behalf of the league management committee,
Lee Scott
League Secretary

#EnoughIsEnough
More power to their elbow.

Adge

Ex Premier League player along with parents forcing the 15 year old referee to abandon the U12’s MJPL game at half time today 🙄

Attachments

• IMG_2828.jpeg
    IMG_2828.jpeg
    444 KB · Views: 83

Sky Blue Pete

Ex Premier League player along with parents forcing the 15 year old referee to abandon the U12’s MJPL game at half time today 🙄
He probably didn’t turn up in the right kit and wasn’t sure of a particular law and made a mistake so deserved it ffs

Adge

Karl Henry. Allegedly.
And not for the first time! Shame really as the club he “represents” as a coach is a place I have been and refereed many times. FA are now involved aswell-hopefully if proven they will dispense with this bully.

Frostie

And not for the first time! Shame really as the club he “represents” as a coach is a place I have been and refereed many times. FA are now involved aswell-hopefully if proven they will dispense with this bully.
Agreed. He showed his true colours on social media in recent weeks too, club should have binned him then really. His abhorrent attitude is well known prior to that too.

I don't believe the FA has the power (or the inclination probably) but, as it's a child referee, it's a Safeguarding issue & he should be stripped of his accreditations & coaching badges.

Sky Blue Pete

Agreed. He showed his true colours on social media in recent weeks too, club should have binned him then really. His abhorrent attitude is well known prior to that too.

I don't believe the FA has the power (or the inclination probably) but, as it's a child referee, it's a Safeguarding issue & he should be stripped of his accreditations & coaching badges.
Just can’t get my head around an adult in a game of year 7’s in a development league where you play teams around you not every team home and away.
Very obviously a 15 year old kid would have looked pretty young and a year 10 or 11 kid.
Hope whoever it is is really proud of himself

Legia Sky Blue

Outrageous behaviour & Henry should be ashamed! Saw plenty of aggression from the touch line in the years my kids were playing, even in the girls football my daughter played in. I remember whenever my son's team played a team in Tile Hill (can't remember the teams name), the assigned ref would never show up because of the parents' reputation, so one of their parents would ref with a bias you would expect. I remember the parents all along the touchline lined up with aggressive dogs barely on the leash, all designed to intimidate. The only time I saw an ex pro on the sideline, was Lee Carsley when his son was playing for Balsall Common, and he was completely respectable throughout.

Sky Blue Pete

Outrageous behaviour & Henry should be ashamed! Saw plenty of aggression from the touch line in the years my kids were playing, even in the girls football my daughter played in. I remember whenever my son's team played a team in Tile Hill (can't remember the teams name), the assigned ref would never show up because of the parents' reputation, so one of their parents would ref with a bias you would expect. I remember the parents all along the touchline lined up with aggressive dogs barely on the leash, all designed to intimidate. The only time I saw an ex pro on the sideline, was Lee Carsley when his son was playing for Balsall Common, and he was completely respectable throughout.
He coaches Strachan foundation u18 and was brilliant with my 16 year old lad reffing
Not a surprise given his success, his family life and his passion for football

he left at half time his team were 3-0 down and he sought my lad out said thank you asked him if he was enjoying reffing and to keep learning and communicating. He already had my respect but it rose hugely

Sky Blue Pete

Fun today for some reason everyone was being overly aggressive
4 yc pen including card for home coach
Said he enjoyed yc annoying players / coaches

David O'Day

He’s under pressure isn’t he?
Some lovely passive aggression from forest manager too. Our number 1 ref blah blah blah
and? You can say a ref has had a bad game. That is not abuse or wrong.

I get your lad is a ref so you will defend them even when they make horrible mistakes but Pete Steve Cooper is allowed to say he thought the ref didn't have a good game.

Sky Blue Pete

and? You can say a ref has had a bad game. That is not abuse or wrong.

I get your lad is a ref so you will defend them even when they make horrible mistakes but Pete Steve Cooper is allowed to say he thought the ref didn't have a good game.
Course he is yep absolutely is but it’s the passive aggression that’s really unhelpful to refs at grassroots level that’s all

didn’t see the game so can’t comment

Warwickhunt

Anyone know what prize Plum of a referee have got tonight?

Sky Blue Pete

What’s the plan?
Are we saying refs are corrupt or crap?
It’s interesting that ex players and current managers don’t know the correct terminology for careless reckless or excessive force fouls
Or the measure of dogso or spa or violent conduct or dissent and Ofinibus.
Need all those in the game to learn the laws so we are speaking the same language

Nick

Administrator
What’s the plan?
Are we saying refs are corrupt or crap?
It’s interesting that ex players and current managers don’t know the correct terminology for careless reckless or excessive force fouls
Or the measure of dogso or spa or violent conduct or dissent and Ofinibus.
Need all those in the game to learn the laws so we are speaking the same language
It's ok using word play saying "the managers don't know the right words" but just watch football every week how see how inconsistent and bizarre some games are.

wingy

Well the first penalty was obvious to anyone as it shouldn't have progressed to that point as there was a foul Wolves way in the build on the touchline.

shmmeee

It's ok using word play saying "the managers don't know the right words" but just watch football every week how see how inconsistent and bizarre some games are.

If people who follow the game religiously don’t know the rules or they don’t make sense I’d suggest that’s not their fault.

Sky Blue Pete

It’s not just word play it’s the thought process of what sanction and whether to blow for a foul

It’s not a matter of that’s a foul that’s a penalty that’s a yc or rc . It’s not a knee jerk it’s a rational and logical decision that can be explained

That’s why words and laws matter

Sky Blue Pete

It’s not just word play it’s the thought process of what sanction and whether to blow for a foul

It’s not a matter of that’s a foul that’s a penalty that’s a yc or rc . It’s not a knee jerk it’s a rational and logical decision that can be explained

Ex players or managers saying it’s football knowledge or obvious are refusing to engage

Nick

Administrator

So if it is a rational and logical decision based on words and laws then why is it so inconsistent?

Sky Blue Pete

So if it is a rational and logical decision based on words and laws then why is it so inconsistent?
Now that’s a perceptive question and I’m not surprised as you are both intelligent and love football

So if we are discussing a direct free kick the pundits and managers will say things like it’s an obvious or not an obvious free kick and use terms like he got the ball or anyone who knows football can see that’s a foul and if he gives a foul it has to be a rc or yc. Black white intuitive even. A reflex decision rather than the decision having considered the variables

Just for a dfk and sanction the question isn’t just he pushed him free kick or he pulled him or he tripped him it’s where is it on the pitch? It’s where is it during the game? It’s what sort of game it’s been and what proper game management constitutes as to the decision expected. There’s also a little of where the ref is have they seen it? Are they too close or too far away

So decision taken and ref should be able to say you pulled him or you tripped him or whatever it was and also both were battling so no foul or as at the start of the season football agreed to allow more physicality then push wasn’t forceful enough see the Gabriel incident

Then you come onto sanction. Again where was it for a denial of goal scoring or stopping a promising attack and then a measure of careless just a free kick reckless yc or excessive force or endangering an opponent rc

When observed refs have to answer why a decision and sanction was taken and should be able to.

I’ve watched as my lad has said to a coach for a last min pen. You were on the side of the pitch I was 5m away it didn’t hit the players hand I didn’t give a pen
Coach response - you bottled it lol

You can’t argue with it’s a yc you can argue with it was a yc as the tackle was reckless in my opinion

The participants are talking a different language

Adge

Now that’s a perceptive question and I’m not surprised as you are both intelligent and love football

So if we are discussing a direct free kick the pundits and managers will say things like it’s an obvious or not an obvious free kick and use terms like he got the ball or anyone who knows football can see that’s a foul and if he gives a foul it has to be a rc or yc. Black white intuitive even. A reflex decision rather than the decision having considered the variables

Just for a dfk and sanction the question isn’t just he pushed him free kick or he pulled him or he tripped him it’s where is it on the pitch? It’s where is it during the game? It’s what sort of game it’s been and what proper game management constitutes as to the decision expected. There’s also a little of where the ref is have they seen it? Are they too close or too far away

So decision taken and ref should be able to say you pulled him or you tripped him or whatever it was and also both were battling so no foul or as at the start of the season football agreed to allow more physicality then push wasn’t forceful enough see the Gabriel incident

Then you come onto sanction. Again where was it for a denial of goal scoring or stopping a promising attack and then a measure of careless just a free kick reckless yc or excessive force or endangering an opponent rc

When observed refs have to answer why a decision and sanction was taken and should be able to.

I’ve watched as my lad has said to a coach for a last min pen. You were on the side of the pitch I was 5m away it didn’t hit the players hand I didn’t give a pen
Coach response - you bottled it lol

You can’t argue with it’s a yc you can argue with it was a yc as the tackle was reckless in my opinion

The participants are talking a different language
That is a bit unfair (on whoever is refereeing) and I’m very surprised that a coach/observer should come out with that comment.

Sky Blue Pete

That is a bit unfair (on whoever is refereeing) and I’m very surprised that a coach/observer should come out with that comment.
Ah sorry not observer / coach

team coach and it as to highlight you can explain yourself logically but if someone has decided they’re right and you’re wrong they won’t hear or have the self awareness to think ah he’s closer than me and he says it didn’t hit the hand therefore I’m wrong

Users who are viewing this thread