Red Dead Redemption 2 (1 Viewer)

skybluegod

7/8 Years in development should be the best game in history. Not getting it personally, as don't game anymore, but will be interested to see people's thoughts on it.

Nick

Administrator
Just been delivered. Not allowed it until Christmas so it needs to go away!

giphy.gif

Paul Anthony

It's going to have to really go some to topple WCW/NWO Revenge on N64 from the top of my list.

Nothing beat grabbing weapons out of the crowd and beating the everlasting crap out of your opponent with it!

As for Red Dead 2, I loved the first one. I've just started playing it, so I'm excited to see where it leads. I've tried to avoid as much in the way of spoilers from previews, news articles etc so as to keep myself in the dark. Wanted to get the most enjoyment possible put of it.

Nick

Administrator
Nothing beat grabbing weapons out of the crowd and beating the everlasting crap out of your opponent with it!

As for Red Dead 2, I loved the first one. I've just started playing it, so I'm excited to see where it leads. I've tried to avoid as much in the way of spoilers from previews, news articles etc so as to keep myself in the dark. Wanted to get the most enjoyment possible put of it.

How are you finding it so far? How open world is it? Can you just go around doing random stuff?

skybluegod

How are you finding it so far? How open world is it? Can you just go around doing random stuff?

Did you play the first one Nick? It will definitely be open world and allow you to go round doing random stuff.

On another note I have heard they aren't releasing the multiplayer for another 4 months! If the single player was 100GB, surely any update will be another 40? So 140GB for a game!!

Nick

Administrator
Did you play the first one Nick? It will definitely be open world and allow you to go round doing random stuff.

On another note I have heard they aren't releasing the multiplayer for another 4 months! If the single player was 100GB, surely any update will be another 40? So 140GB for a game!!

Yeah had the first one (was mostly my wife who played it though and it was a while ago). I just meant more in terms of how free is this one.

With GTA sometimes I got a bit annoyed when it keeps trying to force me to do missions when I just wanted to go and shoot people for no reason!

140GB is a fair old amount as well. Especially on the 500GB models.

Paul Anthony

I've only just finished the prologue I guess is the word for it, basically the first couple of missions. Not got too far into the meat of it again. I'd hope it's as open world as GTA V was, in that none of the map was locked away until certain parts of the story. One thing I have read is that it's an absolutely huge map, so there should be plenty to explore.

ajsccfc

From what I've seen, the entire map from the first one is included as about a quarter of the whole area in this so it should be absolutely huge.

Marty

Never played the first RDR, but I'm a massive fan of the GTA series. Hoping it's more of the same.... I purchased using nectar points so got it for free. Still haven't got around to playing it, but looking forward to having a play sometime on Sunday.

Paul Anthony

From what I've seen, the entire map from the first one is included as about a quarter of the whole area in this so it should be absolutely huge.
Yes, it is, which is something I'm quite looking forward to, so I can go back and compare how it looks as a then and now.Gives quite a good idea of the scale of the game. Usually, Rockstar don't tend to carry areas over from one game to the next, for example how each GTA is set in a different city to the one before it.

Covstu

I brought it for my brothers birthday but I have to wait until Christmas for mine....:banghead::mad:

Skybluefaz

Your horses testicles shrink in cold weather. I remember gaming on a C64. This is a ridiculous level of detail. The game is a bit of a slow burner atm and covered in snow. It's mechanics seem solid though and they've added stuff like being able to store weapons on your horse and for added realism you have to make a choice of what you want weapon wise. Arthur can't just carry everything.

CovInEssex

Your horses testicles shrink in cold weather. I remember gaming on a C64. This is a ridiculous level of detail. The game is a bit of a slow burner atm and covered in snow. It's mechanics seem solid though and they've added stuff like being able to store weapons on your horse and for added realism you have to make a choice of what you want weapon wise. Arthur can't just carry everything.

A big gripe of mine from the first one and GTA games. I like that a lot. Also means you may have to keep your horse close by. Do you just whistle it and it appears still?

Nick

Administrator

Do they really shrink?

giphy.gif

ajsccfc

I was trying to pat my horse in order to build the relationship and as I was walking round in order for the option to appear it basically shit right in front of my face. Sometimes you can have too much detail in a game

ccfc92

Got it today, so excited :D only took just over an hour to install aswel, some people's were like 3 hours... Just played the first intro mission and it looks great!

ccfc92

Not had time to put a good session in, and Rockstar games are always session games. I hate being old.

I managed to get a few hours in last night, but I know what you mean. I originally wanted the week off work to smash the game haha.

ccfc92

You do have to follow a set story for the first part (acts like a mini tutorial) but it opens up fairly quickly

I didn't know what to do first when it opened up, so many options.

I take it that the game autosaves? I did the gunslingers cards Stranger mission and visited 3 of them before saving manually then switching off, but hoping I don't lose progress.

Ccfcsj

I didn't know what to do first when it opened up, so many options.

I take it that the game autosaves? I did the gunslingers cards Stranger mission and visited 3 of them before saving manually then switching off, but hoping I don't lose progress.
Yes it does autosave. When you start playing a new session it asks if you want to overwrite the autosave with a new one. I always manually save just in case

ccfc92

Yes it does autosave. When you start playing a new session it asks if you want to overwrite the autosave with a new one. I always manually save just in case

I don't remember seeing any auto save thing :/ I'll have a look when I next play it

Users who are viewing this thread