Red card (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2477

Is it today we should hear the result of the appeal on Fadz sending off ?
if there is any justic then it must be recinded but then again its the EFL so I wont hold my breath

Bad Boy

Ok, let me get my head around this........

If the red card is rescinded, then Fadz shouldn’t have been sent off and therefore it shouldn’t have been a penalty and we wouldn’t have gone 2-0 down at that stage of the game and we could have staged a comeback when the score stood at 1-0...........

Or am I missing the point here?

I don’t understand football anymore.

Otis

If the red card is rescinded, then Fadz shouldn’t have been sent off and therefore it shouldn’t have been a penalty and we wouldn’t have gone 2-0 down at that stage of the game and we could have staged a comeback when the score stood at 1-0...........

Yup. If it gets rescinded, McFazdean is free to play against Wycombe, the goal is knocked off, the result is voided and we have to pay them again on Sunday.

mrtrench

And if we are subsequently relegated by goal difference, we'll never know if we would have secured a point against Luton and stayed up. This is why VAR was introduced... a £1 billion industry where the benefits are massively skewed to the most successful and yet failure can be realised by a single error by one person in one game.

TewkesburySkyBlue

And if we are subsequently relegated by goal difference, we'll never know if we would have secured a point against Luton and stayed up. This is why VAR was introduced... a £1 billion industry where the benefits are massively skewed to the most successful and yet failure can be realised by a single error by one person in one game.
That’s probably why EFL won’t rescind it as it opens up a right can of worms . We just seem to get the rub of the green very often .

KenilworthSkyBlue

The club wouldn't be forming a case if they genuinely believe it wasn't a red card.

As if they fail, they run the the risk of McFadzean receiving an increased suspension - but only if the panel believe the appeal has been an abuse of the process.

Last edited:

skybluesam66

I cannot remember us ever having an appeal for a red upheld
happens for other teams all of the time, but I dont think we have ever been successful
The 1st appeal i can remember was one for Dion using his elbow (he did use his elbow, but this was around the time they started to penalise use of the elbow)

SBS

Win some you lose some. Were you complaining after Notts County away?

skyblueelephant76

I cannot remember us ever having an appeal for a red upheld
happens for other teams all of the time, but I dont think we have ever been successful
The 1st appeal i can remember was one for Dion using his elbow (he did use his elbow, but this was around the time they started to penalise use of the elbow)
We had one of the first ever ones to be overturned by video evidence after Schmeichel pretended he'd been punched by Micky Quinn

Grendel

That’s probably why EFL won’t rescind it as it opens up a right can of worms . We just seem to get the rub of the green very often .

The jeopardy rule is confusing now and often players have not been sent off if handballing in the area and I assume that’s the appeal

Sky Blue Pete

The jeopardy rule is confusing now and often players have not been sent off if handballing in the area and I assume that’s the appeal
I think it’s that the ref couldn’t have seen the handball as he wasn’t sighted and it looks like he may have got it wrong

Frostie

Deliberate Handball to prevent the ball going into the goal is always a red card. The appeal is that it hit the top of the arm so wasn't actually handball at all.

IFAB-HANDBALL-IMAGE-e1605957571968.jpg

Sky Blue Harry H

If it hit that area, or very close to it, I can't see how it is deliberate handball.

shmmeee

Depends. I haven’t watched enough to see but if say it hit his shoulder then his hand it’s a pen but not a red. Otherwise yeah.

Sky Blue Pete

Depends. I haven’t watched enough to see but if say it hit his shoulder then his hand it’s a pen but not a red. Otherwise yeah.
That’s what I think. Someone else said it hit his knee on the way down.
can you imagine if it was upheld and the ref said he gave it although he didn’t see it

Major Tom

The club wouldn't be forming a case if they genuinely believe it wasn't a red card.

As if they fail, they run the the risk of McFadzean receiving an increased suspension - but only if the panel believe the appeal has been an abuse of the process.
I’ve never got my head around the fact that if you loose the appeal the suspension could go up. What’s the justification, not like the offence has got worse?

Cov kid 55

We had one of the first ever ones to be overturned by video evidence after Schmeichel pretended he'd been punched by Micky Quinn
That was disgraceful. Schmeichel was interviewed afterwards and said ‘he’s a good player, so he doesn’t need to do that’. Actual quote. Then it gets overturned because Quinn didn’t do anything. It’s one thing to take a dive in a game, rotten, but it happens. But to compound it after the match....

Sick Boy

That was disgraceful. Schmeichel was interviewed afterwards and said ‘he’s a good player, so he doesn’t need to do that’. Actual quote. Then it gets overturned because Quinn didn’t do anything. It’s one thing to take a dive in a game, rotten, but it happens. But to compound it after the match....
That was when we lost 1-0, right? Their fans took over the ground that day, it was like spot the city fan.

Frostie

I’ve never got my head around the fact that if you loose the appeal the suspension could go up. What’s the justification, not like the offence has got worse?

Frivolous appeal. i.e. so blatantly deserved that you're wasting everyone's time in re-investigating etc. Would never be the case in this scenario & I'm not sure anyone has been punished for frivolous appeal in years anyway.

Sky Blue Harry H

It's to stop clubs making frivolous appeals, and is more effective than a fine, as otherwise rich clubs would/could appeal everything, whilst clubs struggling financially may be wary of appealing a valid case.

Sky Blue Harry H

Frivolous appeal. i.e. so blatantly deserved that you're wasting everyone's time in re-investigating etc. Would never be the case in this scenario & I'm not sure anyone has been punished for frivolous appeal in years anyway.

I vaguely remember someone having an additional one game ban added a few years back (but probably imagining it - age thing!) Off to Google!!

Edit: Saddo that I am..........

Last edited:

South West Sky Blue

I vaguely remember someone having an additional one game ban added a few years back (but probably imagining it - age thing!) Off to Google!!
From the top of my head, I remember Man U appealing against a red card for Ferdinand (definitely Man U, but not 100% sure it was Ferdinand). Blatantly obvious red card. they stupidly put in an appeal and the ban was extended a game. Would be about 10 years ago now. There's got to be more than this though.......

Frostie

From the top of my head, I remember Man U appealing against a red card for Ferdinand (definitely Man U, but not 100% sure it was Ferdinand). Blatantly obvious red card. they stupidly put in an appeal and the ban was extended a game. Would be about 10 years ago now. There's got to be more than this though.......

Yeah, pretty sure it was Rio. It's definitely happened quite a few times but I can't remember one for years & years.
As I said not an issue in our scenario but interesting nevertheless.

Sky Blue Harry H

I added this to my original post - well played you; fantastic recall !!

Briles

Taking my rose tinted glasses off Fadz did use his arm to me himself bigger, the ball struck the side of his chest and onto the underside of his arm. The ball would have gone in without his arm. Still harsh.

Frostie

Taking my rose tinted glasses off Fadz did use his arm to me himself bigger, the ball struck the side of his chest and onto the underside of his arm. The ball would have gone in without his arm. Still harsh.

Yes but the top of his arm i.e. the shirt sleeve which is NOT handball

Hobo

It is to prevent everyone challenging decisions in hope you get them overturned. Basically have a good case or the punishment goes up for wasting everyones time - if you think about it an unjustified appeal is a kind of descent.

Users who are viewing this thread