Red card (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date

Briles

Link doesn't work.

I've posted the view from behind earlier in the thread which shows it hitting his upper arm. You're literally contradicting yourself, earlier in the thread you said it hit his armpit which, by current definition, is NOT handball.

It hit the underside of his arm and his armpit. Im not going to keep explaining it to you. 😂

Frostie

It hit the underside of his arm and his armpit. Im not going to keep explaining it to you. 😂

You don't need to thanks you just need to read & understand the updated laws of the game.

You're spot on about where it him but the point is that isn't classed as handball anymore.

johnwillomagic

As much as I hate to say it I can see why the ref reached the decision he did and also why not enough proof to overturn the ref's decision.
A shame but it gives someone a real chance to step up be it Rose or Pask.

Rose would be my default but also think Pask has performed well and has perhaps been dealt a bit of a shitty hand - wouldn't begrudge him the chance to start in the back three if he was picked ahead of Rose.

Reactions: AOM

AOM

As much as I hate to say it I can see why the ref reached the decision he did and also why not enough proof to overturn the ref's decision.
A shame but it gives someone a real chance to step up be it Rose or Pask.

Rose would be my default but also think Pask has performed well and has perhaps been dealt a bit of a shitty hand - wouldn't begrudge him the chance to start in the back three if he was picked ahead of Rose.

Is Rose injured again? Noticed he wasn't on the bench Tuesday

Johhny Blue

They won't normally overturn a referee's decision unless it is something like mistaken identity. Especially when a penalty is involved and/or the result is affected.
Out of interest does anyone know why Rotherham's Smith sending off was overturned?
If the sending off had cost Rotherham points the decision to overturn it would have been much more difficult.
It was overturned because growling at an opponent is not a red card offence

robbiekeane

To be fair seeing that video, he’s moved his arm out to stop the ball and with his feet/rest of his body where they are, if he didn’t move his arm out it would’ve went in.
Handball for me, and definitely not a clear and obvious error.

On we march

stupot07

The slow mo from behind the goal looks like the correct decision to me. Fair play to the ref, he got it right.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Frostie

Even more baffled now...

For anyone who didn't see it, Mowatt was sent off for a blatant 2 footed challenge, lunging in with both feet off the ground. The referee, 2 yards away instantly dismisses him.

Contact with the opponent is clearly exaggerated & yes, some years ago it's probably not even a foul blah, blah but by the letter of the law it's clear that it could "endanger an opponent" i.e. Serious Foul Play & so a red card is perfectly justified.

Johhny Blue

The slow mo from behind the goal looks like the correct decision to me. Fair play to the ref, he got it right.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I see exactly the opposite. Don’t want to beat up the ref though. If we’re split with all the screenshots and videos either way it was a very close decision

robbiethemole

Even more baffled now...

For anyone who didn't see it, Mowatt was sent off for a blatant 2 footed challenge, lunging in with both feet off the ground. The referee, 2 yards away instantly dismisses him.

Contact with the opponent is clearly exaggerated & yes, some years ago it's probably not even a foul blah, blah but by the letter of the law it's clear that it could "endanger an opponent" i.e. Serious Foul Play & so a red card is perfectly justified.

Different rules for teams near the top???

Frostie

Different rules for teams near the top???

I think it's more likely that as it didn't affect the result they can do so with less controversy.
Obviously the incident in our game was a complete game changer (although the way we were playing we'd probably have lost anyway). Perhaps they think going against the referee in that circumstance sets a dangerous precedent? Who knows.

In isolation, I'm not surprised ours wasn't overturned as they could argue it's inconclusive but when you then see others that do get rescinded that are like that one it does raise questions. The whole standard of refereeing & accountability needs a big shake up.

Users who are viewing this thread