Red Bull Coventry? (1 Viewer)

Malaka

It would also totally fuck up all those crests tattooed on the side of peoples calf

Sky Blue Kid

I'd imagine both Hull and Cardiff had fans who weren't bothered by their proposed changes too, a jokey thread on a forum doesn't make us the worst supporters on the planet.

I think you'll find to a man/woman Cardiff fans were against the colour change. Hence the massive demonstrations in Cardiff. Gates were as low as 3-4k at one point.
That's why I said Cardiff fans have got mahoosive balls compared to Coventry fans Vincent Tan soon changed his mind about going back to the Blue kit... Money(or lack of) talks.

ajsccfc

OK.

Only 13,371 watched Cardiff beat Middlesbrough in October, the lowest league attendance at the ground since it opened in 2009.

That was no one-off. Instead, it was symptomatic of a malaise which had seen the previous three games attract gates of 13,980, 13,763 and 13,715.

"The red kit had a delayed reaction," says Ben James, a blogger who runs the 'View From The Ninian' podcast.

"Most fans were happy to put up with it as long as success was coming with it but, as soon as that started fading away, most fans lost interest.

An average league attendance of 20,945 that season and an admission that Cardiff fans to a man weren't militantly against it.

While our protests may seem half-hearted in comparison to other clubs, they all have the same apathy we do, if not in the same number.

Sky Blue Kid

OK.

An average league attendance of 20,945 that season and an admission that Cardiff fans to a man weren't militantly against it.

While our protests may seem half-hearted in comparison to other clubs, they all have the same apathy we do, if not in the same number.

One mans opinion! I live 4-5 miles from Cardiff both my wife's family and loads of close friends and a lot not so close, give me the "Low down" at Cardiff City after every game Every single one of them moan about their owners, and are proud of their "Stay away" actions that forced Tan to change back to the Blue Kit! It took the Fans about half a season to get their shit together and fight back. Like I said "Half a season" not 9 years!

Sky Blue Kid

It suggested several reasons not just one. It also said it wasn't such a problem when they were winning. Plus it was a different scenario. They were already doing well whereas we are muddling along from one crisis to the next.

It is one persons opinion mate not 30k fans opinions

ajsccfc

I have no doubt that nobody liked changing the badge and kit, but the evidence is there that it didn't put everybody off completely, very far from it. I don't believe any Hull fan wants to be Hull Super Tigers or whatever it was but if it happened it wouldn't put everybody off. When something drastic happened to us and we moved to Sixfields, a large percentage were put off so I don't think it's fair to suggest we are so terrible in comparison to other club's fans.

Sky Blue Kid

These are Cardiff City fans in their paper.........

OnTheBob
Spot on. Tan is the problem here, Slade is fall guy. Tan brings him in to trim the wage bill, hence the mass exodus from the club last season. Then Slade has to trade in the transfer market with peanuts and the now club are telling us they believe the squad's strong enough for promotion!

There were enough people willing to make a noise when they wanted the kit colour changed back, but when the standard of football declines they just stop turning up....

Cityboy
There's a real feel of mediocrity around the club. Slade is a major part of it. The football is ranging from dire to showing some potential but not exciting. Where Slade is found wanting is team selection and a REAL competition for places. Its the same team every week as long as they are not injured. His tactical set up and substitutions are not inspiring. His transfers have been bizarre. After clearing out the club with players he didn't want he brings in old crocks who can't compete for places, young kids who he doesn't give a chance and the odd one who is not better than we already have but we did have spinning plates !!!

The other concern that there is a growing feeling that Tan is not interested in the club. I think the return to blue was not a bitter pill to swallow but a poisoness one with a result that perhaps we are just a few steps away from being Blackpool . I hope not and really would like to see Tan more visibly committed. If the prospect for next season is much the same as this I will not be renewing my season ticket next year.

Anything sound familiar in these posts guys?

Last edited:

Sky Blue Kid

Why did you post it then? Do you speak for the other 29999?

WTF you on about??? I live amongst it so can give a pretty good concensus of feeling of what's going on.... A little better than you can give about UK from over there in Germany!!!

hill83

WTF you on about??? I live amongst it so can give a pretty good concensus of feeling of what's going on.... A little better than you can give about UK from over there in Germany!!!

Is this you confirming your opinion on all things Coventry City isn't as valid as mine then for example. As I live 'amongst it'. Nice to know.

Nick

Administrator
Is this you confirming your opinion on all things Coventry City isn't as valid as mine then for example. As I live 'amongst it'. Nice to know.
giphy.gif

Sky Blue Kid

I've got my opinions and informants and I also get up to Coventry at least 6 times a year. As you know I was there every other week AND all away games up till 4 years ago. When have I ever said my opinion on CCFC more valid than yours? Of late though your opinion is no better than mine seeing as you haven't been going to games anymore :)

martcov

So the next time you slag the EU off I'll be able to override you as I live here 'amongst it'? Good to know. I don't know how much time you spend in Cov, but I have to go home more often these days. I also don't know if you go to many city games.... so I don't know how you calculate your own opinion of what is going on at CCFC, if the logic is that you have to be there the whole time...

hill83

I've got my opinions and informants and I also get up to Coventry at least 6 times a year. As you know I was there every other week AND all away games up till 4 years ago. When have I ever said my opinion on CCFC more valid than yours? Of late though your opinion is no better than mine seeing as you haven't been going to games anymore :)

Do you go to Cardiff game instead of Coventry games then?
When did I say that you said your opinion is more valid than mine?

Sky Blue Kid

If your comment was about my knowledge (Not opinion) of Cardiff City fc, then you are barking up the wrong tree hill83. The one persons opinion wasn't mine, it was about the "Blogger" being interviewed about the Cardiff situation. My "Knowledge" was from Cardiff fans(Plural)

hill83

If your comment was about my knowledge (Not opinion) of Cardiff City fc, then you are barking up the wrong tree hill83. The one persons opinion wasn't mine, it was about the "Blogger" being interviewed about the Cardiff situation. My "Knowledge" was from Cardiff fans(Plural)

My comment was exactly as it reads and as I'm not in work today I'm not prepared to mince about arguing with you for the rest of the day.
Good day sir.

ajsccfc

All that blogger was saying is that a number of fans were putting up with it, which is backed up by the attendances at the time. They've fallen for them since, but so have ours too so I don't think we're some kind of shambles in comparison to other supporter groups.

Sky Blue Kid

Do you go to Cardiff game instead of Coventry games then?
When did I say that you said your opinion is more valid than mine?

When I first moved to South Wales, and still "Learning to walk again" after my retirement from football I did indeed go to watch my friend Roger Gibbins play for them. When Roger left Cardiff, I only ever went to the away games supporting Coventry at Ninian Park.

Sky Blue Kid

So the next time you slag the EU off I'll be able to override you as I live here 'amongst it'? Good to know. I don't know how much time you spend in Cov, but I have to go home more often these days. I also don't know if you go to many city games.... so I don't know how you calculate your own opinion of what is going on at CCFC, if the logic is that you have to be there the whole time...

Excuse me! I never once told you how your country should be run but you tried to tell us how the UK should be run...(Under EU directive.)

martcov

Excuse me! I never once told you how your country should be run but you tried to tell us how the UK should be run...(Under EU directive.)

My country is the UK. Germany was occupied for years by the British Army on the Rhein. Britain and the allies wrote their constitution and set up their democracy. So, if anyone can say they were told how to run their country, it is Germany. That is a provable fact, unlike the shit that comes out of the Brexit camp.

Sky Blue Kid

My comment was exactly as it reads and as I'm not in work today I'm not prepared to mince about arguing with you for the rest of the day.
Good day sir.

Good lad... Now take that little boy of yours to the park and enjoy him while you can. They don't stay young for long :)

Sky Blue Kid

My country is the UK. Germany was occupied for years by the British Army on the Rhein. Britain and the allies wrote their constitution and set up their democracy. So, if anyone can say they were told how to run their country, it is Germany. That is a provable fact, unlike the shit that comes out of the Brexit camp.

Here we go again!.......

Sky Blue Kid

Hitler and Germany tried to rule the World.... A provable fact!

Sky Blue Kid

Good luck guys, he's now going to go to great lengths on how the UK should have stayed in the EU. I'm off out to do some manufacturing of some more "Brexit" placards, see you all later :)

martcov

Hitler and Germany tried to rule the World.... A provable fact!

I don't think that has anything to do with EU directives.

Still you never explained why you posted a link to a guy that didn't agree completely with you, and then claimed he a single blogger so his opinion doesn't count. Why post it then?

Users who are viewing this thread