Red Bull Coventry? (1 Viewer)

Winny the Bish

Swindon Town are being linked to a takeover from Red Bull. If Red Bull were to approach CCFC, and lay out a plan of naming the team 'Red Bull Coventry City', playing in the Red Bull Arena, potentially even with a red kit - would you take it?

We would be in the Prem within five years, and SISU would finally be gone. But is it too much to lose in the chase for success?

Joy Division

Swindon Town are being linked to a takeover from Red Bull. If Red Bull were to approach CCFC, and lay out a plan of naming the team 'Red Bull Coventry City', playing in the Red Bull Arena, potentially even with a red kit - would you take it?

We would be in the Prem within five years, and SISU would finally be gone. But is it too much to lose in the chase for success?

Nope

Otis

We would be Load of Old Bull and not Red Bull, trust me.

Frankley

Surely it wouldn't work out, just like it hasn't in Austria.

I can see it now, they'll be two groups of supporters 'the reds' (who support Red Bull Coventry City) and 'the sky blues' (who want the team to revert to it's traditional values).

Then there's the question of the stadium - Red Bull will want to own one, but Wasps won't sell and the council say there isn't a suitable site in the city.

Otis

I would be happy with a name change. Wouldn't stop me calling us the Sky Blues or Coventry City.

Say for instance we merged into one club with Leicester.

We could play in dark blue, so still blue and they could retain the Leicester part of their name and we could retain the City of ours.

Job done, everyone's happy.

ccfcrob

I would be happy with a name change. Wouldn't stop me calling us the Sky Blues or Coventry City.

We could play in dark blue, so still blue and they could retain the Leicester part of their name and we could retain the City of ours.

Erm......

Liquid Gold

I can see it now, they'll be two groups of supporters 'the reds' (who support Red Bull Coventry City) and 'the sky blues' (who want the team to revert to it's traditional values).

Then there's the question of the stadium - Red Bull will want to own one, but Wasps won't sell and the council say there isn't a suitable site in the city.
It's working pretty well in Germany RB Leipzig are doing well in the bundesliga this season.

Rich

It would be RB Coventry City as they have done with RB Leipzig.

Yes I would like that to happen.

Si80

Red Bull Salzburg have done really well haven't they since Red Bull took over. And aren't Red Bull Leipzig pushing Bayern & Dortmund along in the Bundesliga at the moment?

It's fair to say that most things Red Bull have put money behind in sport has done well or is showing the fruits of their investment.

Frankley

Red Bull Salzburg have done really well haven't they since Red Bull took over. And aren't Red Bull Leipzig pushing Bayern & Dortmund along in the Bundesliga at the moment?

It's fair to say that most things Red Bull have put money behind in sport has done well or is showing the fruits of their investment.

But the Austrian fans are still divided. One group of fans refuse to attend games and say their club has been stolen - there was a feature about it on Football Focus a couple of years ago.

Si80

But the Austrian fans are still divided. One group of fans refuse to attend games and say their club has been stolen - there was a feature about it on Football Focus a couple of years ago.

Sounds familiar :D

But the fact still remains, RB backed teams have done well.

Frankley

Sounds familiar :D

But the fact still remains, RB backed teams have done well.

Oh, I agree the teams have done well... but at what cost?

Also, I wonder what will happen if two RB teams meet in European competition... might be awkward :eek:

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
It would be RB Coventry City as they have done with RB Leipzig.

Yes I would like that to happen.

i wouldnt mind this and the club plus finances would be run right, somebody fire them a email there ask them take us over quickly lol

Frankley

Yes, I don't get what relevance that has to my post.

Ah... just making sure you realised it wasn't VfB Leipzig that RB had backed.

Also, it's interesting you don't seem to have a problem with teams being related to different towns. Each to their own.

chiefdave

A name change wouldn't happen so we'd still be Coventry City but sponsored by Red Bull playing in the Red Bull stadium. Don't think we'd be playing red either just a darker shade of blue. Given that we're virtually in white this year and have had darker kits in the past I could live with something like this
RBNYSeconday(FORMATTED).jpg

duffer

Otis, I sense some dry humour here...

Anyway, I for one would welcome our new insect overlords, and I’d like to remind them that as a trusted member of SkyBluesTalk I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.

Liquid Gold

Ah... just making sure you realised it wasn't VfB Leipzig that RB had backed.

Also, it's interesting you don't seem to have a problem with teams being related to different towns. Each to their own.
When did I say I didn't mind teams moving?

ajsccfc

We'll be taken over by Sainsbury's own rival and be rechristened the Sky Blue Bolts.

066865.jpg

Frankley

When did I say I didn't mind teams moving?

Well, you did say "It's working pretty well in Germany RB Leipzig are doing well in the bundesliga this season" (suggesting some degree of approval of RB's running of the club) and RB Leipzig is a team that's been relocated (from Markanstädt).

Liquid Gold

Well, you did say "It's working pretty well in Germany RB Leipzig are doing well in the bundesliga this season" (suggesting some degree of approval of RB's running of the club) and RB Leipzig is a team that's been relocated (from Markanstädt).
It is working well for them isn't it? I at no point suggested I approved of their actions in anyway. You need to stop spoiling for a row

lifeskyblue

To be honest as long as we are Coventry city and playing in cov I don't really mind what we play in or if we have a couple letters before or after our name

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread