Red Bull Coventry FC. (1 Viewer)

@richh87

I know people are laughing about this, but I see it as a very real threat!!!

We don't know who the other bidders are that Appleton is mulling over!

Just when we thought things couldn't get much worse - this could really take it to a new level.

Worried about CCFC not playing in Coventry for a while? How about no CCFC AT ALL!

SkyblueBazza

As someone said earlier - we could become the SkyBlue Bulls :))
We could play "BullsEye" at half time in the centre circle :))
We could have "Bullie" come on & do whatever you'd call that noise whenever somebody misses the target :))
The leggy lovelies could come around selling the programmes :))
I am struggling to see any negatives at the moment?!

skybluericoh

As someone said earlier - we could become the SkyBlue Bulls :))
We could play "BullsEye" at half time in the centre circle :))
We could have "Bullie" come on & do whatever you'd call that noise whenever somebody misses the target :))
The leggy lovelies could come around selling the programmes :))
I am struggling to see any negatives at the moment?!

The players would have to drive around in them VW beetles with the big can on the top in stead of Range Rovers.

Really like the idea of the leggy lovelies selling programmes :)

ccfctommy

I know people are laughing about this, but I see it as a very real threat!!!

We don't know who the other bidders are that Appleton is mulling over!

Just when we thought things couldn't get much worse - this could really take it to a new level.

Worried about CCFC not playing in Coventry for a while? How about no CCFC AT ALL!

Theres rules regarding naming teams. Will never happen.

Bigelvesy

"Coventry RB" could work,
If they took over the club id support them. Be a change, but shouldnt panic it would never happen!
I love red bull aswell,

Blue Maniac

Red Bull Salzburg
New York Red Bulls
Red Bull Leipzig

:facepalm:
Yeah but apart from them owning and subsequently renaming those three major clubs, as well as Red Bull Brasil and Red Bull Ghana, what evidence do you have that they'd be even remotely interested in football?

SkyBlueUkeman

Yeah but apart from them owning and subsequently renaming those three major clubs, as well as Red Bull Brasil and Red Bull Ghana, what evidence do you have that they'd be even remotely interested in football?

That they're already in football perhaps?

(Wait, are you being sarcastic? You just never know on here sometimes...)

BurbageSkyBlues

Don't think we are their sort of target, the initial cost of purchase would possibly be at odds with what RB have done elsewhere?

'The Red Bull Arena' does have a 'ring' to it, though.........

Baginton

F*ck Red Bull

Anyone know the story of Salzburg ??

poor feckers, had the whole club taken away from them, the colours, the identity EVERYTHING

they did an AFC Wimbledon and started their own club SV Austria Slazburg

Sky blues playing in Navy and red home kit anyone !!

RoboCCFC90

If Red Bull came in with the intention not to change our name and our heritage then fine I would be very accepting of it, but unfortunately seeing the history of clubs that they have purchased and then rebranded it would be very difficult to believe that they could keep us the same as what we are now..

shmmeee

Pointless click bait article.

Just another outsider guessing that we have "financial issues" and putting 2 + 2 together without actually having a clue as to what is going on at our club.

Just ignore it.

Noggin

F*ck Red Bull

Anyone know the story of Salzburg ??

poor feckers, had the whole club taken away from them, the colours, the identity EVERYTHING

they did an AFC Wimbledon and started their own club SV Austria Slazburg

Sky blues playing in Navy and red home kit anyone !!

and went from 2nd bottom to 2nd with the first season in charge, the next year they won the league and the year after that, and after that and after that but finished second this year. There attendance significantly more than doubled though over the years has slowly dropped back down and is only a couple of thousand more than when they took over.

It certainly wouldn't be my preference over many other options. but if we hear (and of course we almost certainly wont) in the next few days that Red Bull won the bid (which they probably didn't even enter) rather than SISU I'm going to be delighted. Being Dietrich Mateschitz's play thing in Coventry rather than SISU's bitch in walsall seems like a better option to me.

ajsccfc

The most surprising thing when reading about Red Bull is how long it's actually been around. I thought the drink only existed within the last decade or so.

Users who are viewing this thread