Red Bull Coventry FC. (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Sounds alright! Would certainly raise our profile!

Nonleagueherewecome

No way, I'm not having concourse drinks that give you the shits.

Shoulda seen my mates Bovril one game this season; they'd ran out of pre-mixed ones, and the girl making it out of the jar had clearly never seen or heard of Bovril before working at The Ricoh that Saturday. It was so thick that the stirring stick stood upright in it!

SkyBlueUkeman

It would probably be apt that we'd be one of the first UK footbal teams to do this, seeing as it was Jimmy Hill's idea back in the 70's with 'Coventry Talbot'.

Ideally Im not for it, but its a helluva lot better than whats going on now.

kg82

Hell of a lot better? No identity, no history? No thanks. Definitely not for me. And it would leave even more of our fanbase disenchanted with not just the club but football in general.

ajsccfc

Relentless Coventry I could go with, as it's less bitter. You get your sugar allowance for a month in one can mind you, and Professor Green's a dickhead.

skybluericoh

Hell of a lot better? No identity, no history? No thanks. Definitely not for me. And it would leave even more of our fanbase disenchanted with not just the club but football in general.

If they were putting money in and winning, there would be more people taking up tickets than would stop. Not saying that long term it would be good for the club only time would be the judge of that, but look at the clubs that have 'sold their souls'. Chelski, Man City, Cardiff, all better off than us. You could argue that Man u have with the glazers and even Portsmouth enjoyed it while it lasted. Red Bull or any other rich backer will only be in it for the money and when its gone so will they. Right now I'd love an oil rich tycoon, Far east consortium, Massive euro millions winner, anyone who could get rid of SISU.

WillieStanley

I prefer Coffee as a source of energy. Can we have Costa Coventry, please?

Or the Sky Blue Starbucks?

Anything alliterated and bean based actually.

Brighton Sky Blue

A very successful brand, no question, though you'd have to ask how stupid they'd have to be to take the club on in its present state when there are much more attractive propositions elsewhere in the FL.

stupot07

Could be a good thing, we've been bemoaning the lack of width and Red Bull does give you wing(er)s apparently...

J

Jack Griffin

Why can't they buy out the Glazers.. :p

Then they can swap the devil with a bull.

Skybluecj

I wouldnt like it to be a franchise, if they came in, put logo on the shirt and renamed the arena to "red bull arena" but kept us as the sky blues then yes. But no name change for club

SkyblueBazza

Many a few weeks back were suggesting cheesey alternatives to Coventry United (what happened to them btw?)...Coventry Red Bull would seem no different - people's objection would be based around selling the soul of the club I'd guess - something that they fully accept on a more general scale by purchasing Sky or whatever to watch games on TV. Let's face it - already many clubs that have/had money problems have had them as a result of chasing the Premiership (money) dream. So if it brings cash in to get us back there...maybe we should welcome it?

CCFC_GT

We would become a faceless franchise with all traces of our history and identity swallowed up and spat out.

Still tons more appealing than SISU though.

Greggs

I have been trying to refrain from swearing online. But after reading what happened to FC Salzburg............Fuck that.

Greggs

The Red Bull company bought the club on 6 April 2005 and rebranded it. After the takeover, Red Bull changed the club's name, management, and staff, declaring "this is a new club with no history." Red Bull initially claimed on the club website that the club was founded in 2005, but was ordered to remove this claim by the Austrian F.A. The new authority removed all trace of violet from the club logo and the team now play in the colours of red and white, to the consternation of much of the club's traditional support

kg82

If they were putting money in and winning, there would be more people taking up tickets than would stop. Not saying that long term it would be good for the club only time would be the judge of that, but look at the clubs that have 'sold their souls'. Chelski, Man City, Cardiff, all better off than us. You could argue that Man u have with the glazers and even Portsmouth enjoyed it while it lasted. Red Bull or any other rich backer will only be in it for the money and when its gone so will they. Right now I'd love an oil rich tycoon, Far east consortium, Massive euro millions winner, anyone who could get rid of SISU.

I'd hate an oil rich tycoon to take us over. It's fake, it's not football. Yes a lot of teams do it. I don't really care though. I'd rather do it how Swansea or Norwich have done it. May have rich backers, but they've worked from the bottom up to sort the club out, make it viable, look at the long term and not be completely short sighted.

I watched the u21's again earlier. It's tragic. There are a couple players there, if that, that will play in the prem. Probably not even regularly. And I blame it partly on the oil rich tycoons.

Users who are viewing this thread