Recruiting Academy Scouts (1 Viewer)

Adge

You may be right but I always think of Bigi, who was the next big thing out of our academy who was going to be the next superstar. After the coaching/investment rising up year after year through the age groups eventually to the first team where he couldn't really do it in L1. Contrast that with Sturridge who was with our academy initially, but left ours and went to Man City's? Better coaching/set up/players etc made him the player he is today. Obviously had his injuries but I very much doubt he would be the player he is today if he would have stayed here.

SBchimp

You may be right but I always think of Bigi, who was the next big thing out of our academy who was going to be the next superstar. After the coaching/investment rising up year after year through the age groups eventually to the first team where he couldn't really do it in L1. Contrast that with Sturridge who was with our academy initially, but left ours and went to Man City's? Better coaching/set up/players etc made him the player he is today. Obviously had his injuries but I very much doubt he would be the player he is today if he would have stayed here.
Sturridge was actually bought from Villa. A great purchased but a quick cash in after a couple of years. I think he’d still be the same player had he stayed, did Man City make him better, yes of course but then he would have made the first team with us a lot earlier and that too would have made him better. We’d still have sold him on rather than realise his true value

Users who are viewing this thread