Record signing top 10 (1 Viewer)

The Philosopher

What does our record signing list look like now?

Off top of head:

Haji £8m
Bellamy £6.5m
Keane £6m
Hughes £5m
Hadji £4m
Kitching £4m ??
Sims £3.5m ??
MVE £3.5m ??
Moldovan £3.25m
Thompson £3.2m
McAllister £3m

Is that about right?

Who have I missed / got wrong?

Edit: with many undisclosed these are best guesses and changed here and there.

Last edited:

SleepyGinger

I think it’s around £4M which sounds a lot but it’s just how the market is now. Burnley bid £32m for Maatsen yesterday, I don’t even know what players are worth anymore.

Ashdown

Does anyone have a list of our transfer money received and spent since last season. I can’t remember or don’t know what we paid for who ?

Grendel

Pretty pointless as it doesnt account for inflation and income into the game which has distorted fees upwards

Larry Lloyd in todays money was signed for £4.4 million

slowpoke

No I'm just telling you what the fee is believed to be
Thing is we will probably never know and does it really matter, Robins wanted Kitching and has got him, backed by the chairman, let’s hope it’s the right decision. & we have another good young player we own on a 4 year contract.

Evo1883

But does it really matter, when you see
Thing is we will probably never know and does it really matter, Robins wanted Kitching and has got him, let’s hope it’s the right decision. We have another young player we own on a 4 year contract.

I mean if the club announced we'd signed him for 2 Mill , but the contract was 2 years everybody including Barnsley fans would be saying that's a bargain .

It's 4 years , I'm good with it , 5 mill would have been slightly too much

Macca

We do however now have a good few players that are ours and have the potential to double or triple in value

Flying Fokker

Off top of head:

Haji £8m
Bellamy £6.5m
Keane £6m
Hughes £5m
Hadji £4.5m
Kitching £4m ??
Moldovan £4m
Sims £3.5m ??
MVE £3.5m ??
Thompson/Gary Mc £3m

Is that about right?

Jarni?

Grendel

Excuse me but I wanted to be the pedant that said this

Ian Wallace when we sold him was one of the highest fees in World Football - if he was today it would be £40 million plus

skyblue025

What did Hartson cost us in the end? It was a lower fee than the 7.5mil they wanted, but something like 7k per game he played if I remember correctly.

fatso

Pretty pointless as it doesnt account for inflation and income into the game which has distorted fees upwards

Larry Lloyd in todays money was signed for £4.4 million
Very true, but don't forget Ffp, which has recently come in, and is supposed to put a cap on what clubs are allowed to spend, (based on their turn over and profits and losses) and therefore reduce the spiraling cost of transfers and give a more even market.

Clearly it doesn't seem to have had a massive effect judging by recent market activity.

Grendel

Very true, but don't forget Ffp, which has recently come in, and is supposed to put a cap on what clubs are allowed to spend, (based on their turn over and profits and losses) and therefore reduce the spiraling cost of transfers and give a more even market.

Clearly it doesn't seem to have had a massive effect judging by recent market activity.

FFP would nothing in that example

The Philosopher

Off top of head:

Haji £8m
Bellamy £6.5m
Keane £6m
Hughes £5m
Hadji £4.5m
Kitching £4m ??
Moldovan £4m
Jarni £3.7m
Sims £3.5m ??
MVE £3.5m ??

Is that about right?

What is notable is that the list hadn’t changed for about 20 years until about 6 weeks ago.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Ian Wallace when we sold him was one of the highest fees in World Football - if he was today it would be £40 million plus

And he'd be worth every penny, he has to be one of , if not the best, striker's we signed for the club.

baldy

When I first started supporting City,the first record fee was Drinkell for 600K - geeez

Users who are viewing this thread