Record numbers expected at Saturday's march (1 Viewer)

TheOldFive

I'm sorry that I'm abroad at the moment so won't be able to join the Telegraph March on Saturday but if I could I would. I will be there in spirit though c/o the STOP THE MADNESS banner that got Global coverage at the Arsenal game and WILL be displayed at Sixfields this coming season, Fire Certificate or not!

chickentikkamasala

Originally Posted by AndreasB Where the fuck was the Telegraph last year then? Sitting on the fence when it really could have put pressure on SISU. No real investigative journalism on the biggest story in the City for years. Now we are told we have to support the Telegraphs "Campaign". Its rubbish Gilbert - too little to late and you should be ashamed.

This was our position last year (two months before I joined) http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/keep-coventry-city-in-coventry-3414872

Where were we? I was at the march. Here's my report written 5 days after I joined the company. http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/thousands-sky-blues-fans-flood-5167884

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well AndreasB you have made yourself to look a complete fool :pointlaugh:

Last edited:

AndreasB

I'm sorry that I'm abroad at the moment so won't be able to join the Telegraph March on Saturday but if I could I would. I will be there in spirit though c/o the STOP THE MADNESS banner that got Global coverage at the Arsenal game and WILL be displayed at Sixfields this coming season, Fire Certificate or not!

I will hold the other corner for you.

Monners

Can't make the march unfortunately but hope there is a decent turn out. Enjoy the day (if you know what I mean by that)

AndreasB

AndreasB, you are sounding like a real prat .

Stop taking the subject off thread.

If you do not want to show support just leave it to those who do genuinely care.

I "genuinely do care" whatever the fuck that means. I just disagree with whining types like you thats all.

letsallsingtogether

Any way I will be there and proud to see all the skyblue supporters walking together like in the good old days..........

dadgad

I still fear people have moved on. I expect 1-2k but I sincerely hope I'm wrong and it's more than last year.

Only problem I have is this march/protest will achieve nothing other than pride an principle something that went as soon as we stepped foot in sixfields.

Very few of us (thankfully) will ever go to Sixfields. Probably fewer this season than last.
We do not know what the protest can achieve.
Important not to be defeatist.

olderskyblue

I'll be coming. Must admit, last years was a definite "feel good" for me. I was talking about it earlier to a mate, and it brought back the memories. Marching with like minded fans, lots of good humour. The first surprise was how many turned up. Fingers crossed for a similar or better turn out this week-end.

stupot07

When it says they have lost twice in court........isn't it only once, the JR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

skybluelee

When they lost twice in court........surely they only lost once - the JR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

It went to high court on appeal after they lost the first case last year. Didn't it? I lose track.

stupot07

It went to high court on appeal after they lost the first case last year. Didn't it? I lose track.

Yeah me too, we seem to be in court every other month, it all merges in to one.

I will be there with chariot (motability scooter) fully bedecked -just hope the batteries last out - see you there folks

Hobo

I have got work later in the day but hoping to get along.

Sky Blue Harry H

Somebody take a cardboard cut out of me on the march - anything old, fat and hairy will do - unfortunately I'm 'booked' to take my lad to some local lake so he can sail a boat with a load of other cubs - there in spirit, though :(

shmmeee

New Ribbons out all down Sky Blue Way in ready for the march Saturday.

I notice they've been taken down on Lockhurst Lane. Not so important now the clubs not based there I guess, but they're the closest to me so I always appreciated them.

TheOldFive

I will hold the other corner for you.
I hear that Pressley is massively against anything remotely subversive or distracting at Sixfields and went mental last year when Ryton got ribboned too. He says the "right things" to stay onside with supporters so far but a big banner right in his face (from where we sit) might piss him right off with far reaching unintended consequences. I think you handcuffing yourself to Fisher might be the better idea. We should tip the CT off of course.

Users who are viewing this thread