recommend a box set to watch (4 Viewers)

Somerset Sky Blue

As mentioned by someone earlier, West Wing is a must watch. I'm currently watching it again - much of it is still appropriate 10-15 years later and it is so well written and performed.

duffer

You've done most of the usual, but could recommend Justified, which doesn't get enough love in my opinion, Peaky Blinders, excellent, The Shield, and for a bit of fun American Horror Story and Sleepy Hollow.

Really enjoyed American Gothic years ago, but think quite hard to find nowadays.

Definitely give Dexter a go, but probably not past the excellent "Trinity killer" fourth season, went downhill quite rapidly after that.

I'll second Justified, love it. Anything based on Elmore Leonard's writing is usually pretty solid, imho.

The Shield, the first series, was breathtaking at the time - first example I can remember of a genuinely bad cop being the 'hero'. Lost track of it though, so don't know how well it progressed beyond that.

Probably should add, I may be the only person in the world who can't stand The Walking Dead. I tried, but just got so frustrated with the (imho) endless stupidity of the protaganists.

lordsummerisle

Probably should add, I may be the only person in the world who can't stand The Walking Dead. I tried, but just got so frustrated with the (imho) endless stupidity of the protaganists.

I do like The Walking Dead, but do see your point.

Soetimes I just wonder when some zombies come towards them why don't they just do a brisk walk to get away?

Moff

Quite enjoying the Blacklist, which is now into series 3. Its nothing too deep, but I just enjoy James Spader's role as the lead character Raymond Reddington, as he has given him some good mannerisms and plays the role with a bit of comedy.

Moff

Soetimes I just wonder when some zombies come towards them why don't they just do a brisk walk to get away?

It does amuse me, even my son is shouting at them to just move a bit quicker!

Nick

Administrator

Or when they suddenly decide they want to go back into a house full of zombies for a pack of chocolate biscuits or something stupid that wouldn't happen!

covcity4life

Been rewatching The X-Files ahead of the new series in January. Stands up really well.

Whoever has done the HD transfer has done an amazing job.

yeah i rewatched all 9 seasons and 2 movies last year before the revival was revealed! needless to say i am well pumped for january now!

lifeskyblue

Deadwood for me was a great find. Shame only 3 series were made. Ian mcShane was superb in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duffer

Or when they suddenly decide they want to go back into a house full of zombies for a pack of chocolate biscuits or something stupid that wouldn't happen!

Exactly. Zombies - slow, clumsy, not that bright. The centre-halves of the horror genre (vampires being the prima-donna "don't mess with my hair, no, no, please not the face" strikers.).

So, with this in mind shall we set up camp:

a) In the middle of a huge giant field, with great visibility all around and plentiful routes of escape.

or...

b) Just next to this dark forest, in case we fancy a stroll in the woods, alone, at midnight.

"Hey, who fancies some Pringles? I think I saw some in that store back in town, the one at the very end of that dead-end street with those really, really high walls on both sides of the road. I'll be back in a jiffy, is it OK if I borrow your walkman?"

:)

mechaishida

Lilyhammer is a bit dark and very funny, I've only seen season one when it was on ch 4, but it is a netflix series if you have that.

http://deadline.com/2015/07/lilyhammer-canceled-netflix-1201486351/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008DCXZRW/?tag=skblta-21

NB the main man is Steve Van Zant who was in Sopranos

Just started watching it, pleasantly surprised thus far.

Also, Peaky Blinders on netflix is worth a watch; if you try and ignore Cillian Murphy's terrible Brummie accent that seems to flow into Ringo Starr-ish Liverpudlian at times.

mechaishida

Exactly. Zombies - slow, clumsy, not that bright. The centre-halves of the horror genre (vampires being the prima-donna "don't mess with my hair, no, no, please not the face" strikers.).

So, with this in mind shall we set up camp:

a) In the middle of a huge giant field, with great visibility all around and plentiful routes of escape.

or...

b) Just next to this dark forest, in case we fancy a stroll in the woods, alone, at midnight.

"Hey, who fancies some Pringles? I think I saw some in that store back in town, the one at the very end of that dead-end street with those really, really high walls on both sides of the road. I'll be back in a jiffy, is it OK if I borrow your walkman?"

:)

I would LOVE to hear Darryl say: 'I'll be back in a jiffy'.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Im gonna give lillyhammer a go
Can I recommend a show called still game
its a Scottish comedy about some pensioners

mechaishida

Im gonna give lillyhammer a go
Can I recommend a show called still game
its a Scottish comedy about some pensioners

Lillyhammer's good, but not close to a lot of the series' mentioned in this thread.

If you're into your war films/series', I'd recommend Generation War too, it's a German 'Band of Brothers'. Should still be on Netflix.

Nick

Administrator
Started watching Once Upon a Time. Thought it was going to be a kids thing but it is actually quote good!

Sky_Blue_Daz

Started watching peep show over the weekend into the 3rd series now

mechaishida

I'm Alan Partridge is still on Netflix - 1st season is timeless, absolute gold. 2nd season didn't have the same feel, but it's still top drawer compared to much of today's comedic offerings.

Users who are viewing this thread