recommend a box set to watch (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

As winters on its way what woukd you recommend to watch.
ive seenthe sopranos, the wire, boardwalk, sons of anarchy, game of thrones, breaking bad and better call Saul and have just caught up with the walking dead6
Was gonna give dexter a go
cheers

Last edited:

stupot07

Dexter's also brilliant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

mechaishida

As winters on its way what woukd you recommend to watch.
ive seenthe sopranos, the wire, boardwalk, sons of anarchy, game of thrones, breaking bad and better call Saul and have just caught up with the walking dead6
Was gonna give dexter a go
cheers

Wallander, the Swedish series with Krister Henriksen as Wallander. Top grade series, full of gritty, morose intrigue. 2 seasons are on Netflix.

If you want the best Scandinavia can offer, watch The Bridge on Netflix. 2 seasons so far, and it's fucking awesome. I assure you.

wingy

Wallander, the Swedish series with Krister Henriksen as Wallander. Top grade series, full of gritty, morose intrigue. 2 seasons are on Netflix.

If you want the best Scandinavia can offer, watch The Bridge on Netflix. 2 seasons so far, and it's fucking awesome. I assure you.

New series starts on the 26th IIRC
Should be good.

wingy

Is that the Danish one?

Think It's the American one Nick
The Danish one only went to 2 or 3
That would have been either 30 or 40 episodes though.
The Americans truncated the content First series cut to 14, then 10 and Netflix or Amazon the final six
Have to say much preferred the Danish version
Superbly shot brilliant character development due to the length of series ultra atmospheric due to the geography ie
Light!
The acting was awesome!

Nick

Administrator
I watched the first few of that, is it the one where theres somebody in the boot of the car in the river with a woman and young bloke detective?

mechaishida

New series starts on the 26th IIRC
Should be good.

I know, I can't wait for it; shame that the character of Martin Roedhe is being phased out though - he and the actress who plays Saga Noren have a great chemistry.

Did you ever watch Wallander, mate?

wingy

I know, I can't wait for it; shame that the character of Martin Roedhe is being phased out though - he and the actress who plays Saga Noren have a great chemistry.

Did you ever watch Wallander, mate?

Yeah. Impressive.
Was on Nordic nor last night and It was plugging. The final season
Am struggling to remember but has that already been on?

mechaishida

Yeah. Impressive.
Was on Nordic nor last night and It was plugging. The final season
Am struggling to remember but has that already been on?

I believe it has, on BBC4 or something, but I 'acquired' the final series elsewhere *cough kickasstorrents cough*. Gutted that Henning Mankell, the writer, decided to call it a day and end Wallander. His reasons are honourable though, I guess.

EDIT: plus Mankell died recently, so that's definitive.

lordsummerisle

You've done most of the usual, but could recommend Justified, which doesn't get enough love in my opinion, Peaky Blinders, excellent, The Shield, and for a bit of fun American Horror Story and Sleepy Hollow.

Really enjoyed American Gothic years ago, but think quite hard to find nowadays.

Definitely give Dexter a go, but probably not past the excellent "Trinity killer" fourth season, went downhill quite rapidly after that.

stupot07

The Bridge (Danish/Swedish) is fantastic, been 2 series of that.

Also I think it was call Those That Kill which was another Scandinavian, a bit like Wire in the Blood. That was brilliant too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

covcity4life

you want a gangster/crime one? or anything?

i watch variety, lately done

the west wing
falling skies
hell on wheels(not finished in US yet)
babylon 5
battlestar galactica

chiefdave

More4 are about halfway through the second season at the moment

Couldn't get into the second season. There was a 2 year gap between series and they didn't even show a recap at the start!

Might go back and watch the whole lot again when S2 has finished and its all on 4OD.

CCFCKirky

On Netflix I like watching suits but the only problem with it is that it only shows the first 3 seasons, but still gripping stuff from start to finish

chiefdave

Yesssss, X-Files. Timeless. I did watch the spin-off 'Lone Gunmen' recently, I found it a bit wanky tbh.

I've just got to season 7. Going to slot in the Lone Gunmen after season 8. Got it all planned out, one episode a day will mean I finish, with the last movie, the day before the new series.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I don't understand how you all get so much time to watch so much telly.....quite frankly, I'm jealous...

...I need to create extra hours in the day just to have a relaxing dump.....oh, and post pointless shit on here....

bringbackrattles

Why not sit back and have a good laugh ? Get the best of Laurel and Hardy or Rising Damp or Porridge all classic comedy. Better for you as well !

chiefdave

Season 5 of Falling Skies is truly awful.

I gave up on Falling Skies when the suddenly jumped forward, think that was season 3.

Revolution did the same, first season was OK in a watch it if nothing else is on kind of way. Season 2 and it jumped forward and was like a totally different show.

If your show isn't being watched or you've run out of ideas move onto something else!

Users who are viewing this thread