Recommend a beer (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

Went down to a decent off license nearby

Lemon iced tea wheat beer by Thirst Class Ale
Mousse mousse chocolate stout by Fierce
Simcoe Idaho 7 pale by Redwillow
Voyager IPA by Abbeydale
Madagaska Vanilla Stout by Donkeystone

Eclectic mix, I'll try not to drink them all tonight as want to run 10k tomorrow

Sbarcher

Going to try this baby tonight watching the game.
h Little Ox.jpg

fernandopartridge

hView attachment 18934
I do enjoy a black lager, had a brilliant pub brewed one in Berlin once that has never been surpassed since

Kneeza

hView attachment 18934
Looks like a bottle of shite supermarket cola!
Hope it tastes better.

Great_Expectations

Just opened a really nice NEIPA - Jamestown by Thornbridge. Really juicy and citrusy aftertaste, and really fresh and light tasting despite being a 5.8. Highly recommended. Even my non-beer drinking partner has a sip and was impressed.

On the other side of the scale, started with a cask ale - Waggle Dance by Eagle Brewery, a honey beer. Not been impressed with Eagle previously and find cask ales a bit generic these days, but do still like a traditional ale. This was quite poor, no distinctive flavour (very very slight honey aftertaste) and fairly bitter overall.

Kneeza

Just opened a really nice NEIPA - Jamestown by Thornbridge. Really juicy and citrusy aftertaste, and really fresh and light tasting despite being a 5.8. Highly recommended. Even my non-beer drinking partner has a sip and was impressed.

On the other side of the scale, started with a cask ale - Waggle Dance by Eagle Brewery, a honey beer. Not been impressed with Eagle previously and find cask ales a bit generic these days, but do still like a traditional ale. This was quite poor, no distinctive flavour (very very slight honey aftertaste) and fairly bitter overall.
Waggle Dance has always been pish. The Thornbridge one, however. Well, you probably know my Thornbridge bias by now ;)

fernandopartridge

James Town is excellent. I've never had a bad beer from Thornbridge tbf.

I used to enjoy Waggle Dance when I first got into ale years ago, but things have moved on and I think the recipe has changed. I liked the Fullers organic honey dew which was similar. Wouldn't drink it now.

clint van damme

had a couple of Sam Smith fruit beers again last night, cherry and strawberry, getting right into them. Never thought I'd see the day. They had an apricot one but that was a step too far!
Amazing how some peoples tastes have changed throughout lockdown, was on the phone to my mate the other night, a life long lager drinker who told me he's being drinking gin!

NorthernWisdom

Any knowledge on this lot?

They're local to where Mrs Wisdom comes from, popped up on my facebook timeline the other day - will give them a go unless somebody says they're utterly vile!

Great_Expectations

had a couple of Sam Smith fruit beers again last night, cherry and strawberry, getting right into them. Never thought I'd see the day. They had an apricot one but that was a step too far!
Amazing how some peoples tastes have changed throughout lockdown, was on the phone to my mate the other night, a life long lager drinker who told me he's being drinking gin!

Which ones were they? Other fruit flavoured stouts/porters?

Great_Expectations

Any knowledge on this lot?

They're local to where Mrs Wisdom comes from, popped up on my facebook timeline the other day - will give them a go unless somebody says they're utterly vile!

New one on me (which is always quite exciting). They look like quite a traditional brewer, so should be quite safe.

Make sure you report back!

Sbarcher

Wifey bought me this from M&S. having it with only my 2nd Chinese takeaway in the past year. Pint and Singapore chow mien to celebrate this most important of victories.

Attachments

• 1BCF3404-0B21-44EF-9381-2EC93A8D3928.jpeg
    1BCF3404-0B21-44EF-9381-2EC93A8D3928.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13

fernandopartridge

Rufa Chocolate Imperial Stout by Squawk
Malu Pale by Squawk
Hop Wrasslin II by Donkeystone
Speed Wobble Session IPA by Twisted Wheel Brew

Starting off with a Veltins German pils though

Kneeza

An advert for this popped up on my FB feed just now, and brought back some memories. We camped at Rochefort (Ardennes Forest) back in about 1990 or so, and the on-site bar was rammed with this stuff and loads of others.
Bro in Law and I could barely stand for about three days.
Gonna have to get some now.
81950K8x9KL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Great_Expectations

It’s my birthday this week so I’m using it as an excuse to have a beer every night!

Had a craving for a few flavoured darker beers after a lot of hoppy light coloured ones recently.

Tonight I’ve got a Plum Porter by St Peters Brewery. I’ve had it before but a while ago and recalled I liked it - and I can see why. The plum flavours definitely come through and it’s quite a sweet beer, especially for a porter, but not overly sweet. Cool bottle too!

Good start to the week!

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
It’s my birthday this week so I’m using it as an excuse to have a beer every night!

Had a craving for a few flavoured darker beers after a lot of hoppy light coloured ones recently.

Tonight I’ve got a Plum Porter by St Peters Brewery. I’ve had it before but a while ago and recalled I liked it - and I can see why. The plum flavours definitely come through and it’s quite a sweet beer, especially for a porter, but not overly sweet. Cool bottle too!

Good start to the week!
During the rule of six me and my mates did a 'Come beer with me', where we each bought 6 of the same beer, made tasting notes and ranked them.

That Plum Porter was my choice and although didn't win, went down pretty well.

First thing we're going to do post 29th March!

Great_Expectations

During the rule of six me and my mates did a 'Come beer with me', where we each bought 6 of the same beer, made tasting notes and ranked them.

That Plum Porter was my choice and although didn't win, went down pretty well.

First thing we're going to do post 29th March!

Brilliant idea!!

Although I’ve only just persuaded the last of our regular drinking group to move onto ales, so not sure how much enthusiasm I’d get to replicate this idea!

Kneeza

Got a tall and quite fancy St Peter's glass somewhere, from a pack of theirs I bought many years ago. I have no clue if I liked the beer or not!

fernandopartridge

I've tried a couple of St Peter's beers including that Plum Porter, thought they were really mediocre. The Titantic Plum Porter is better though I'm not a particular fan of the variety anyway.

Great_Expectations

I've tried a couple of St Peter's beers including that Plum Porter, thought they were really mediocre. The Titantic Plum Porter is better though I'm not a particular fan of the variety anyway.

I tried another St Peters beer last week called Ruby Red and was really disappointed. I do like the Plum Porter, but Titanic Plum Porter is by far the best in that variety in my view - funny you mention it, as I have one for later! I like the style as a whole, but usually on an ad hoc basis, I couldn't drink them consistently, especially if out for an all dayer (remember them?!).

Great_Expectations

Found it. Hasn't had any of their beer in since I bought it though.View attachment 19116

Beer glasses is the only thing my partner and I disagree on - I have so so many (some purchased, some free/gifted and some ‘acquired’!), so the majority are in the garage and I’m only allowed a few in the house!

When we move house I’m planing to do an outdoor pub/bar, so I can finally proudly (sad as that sounds) display them in there and even match beers to glasses.....

Great_Expectations

Due to a combination of my birthday week and my regular subscription, I have four Beer52 boxes to work my way through - anyone would think I love an ale! I’m sure I’ll rise to the challenge!

Although despite that, I have started tonight with one from M&S (!); Drifting, an American Pale Ale by Electric Bear Brewing. Quite hoppy, but not overly dry, with a slight earthy aftertaste. Decent if not spectacular.

Users who are viewing this thread