Recommend a beer

Great_Expectations

Mar 18, 2011
Got a days AL today and meeting another two couples for drinks around Coventry. Even pre-Covid I’ve not been out in Cov for a while.

Most looking forward to trying the new Dhillons Bar in town - located where Inspire used to be. Not been overwhelmed with their beers previously, but it looks a great set up.

Kneeza

Feb 2, 2012
Over There
Got a days AL today and meeting another two couples for drinks around Coventry. Even pre-Covid I’ve not been out in Cov for a while.

Most looking forward to trying the new Dhillons Bar in town - located where Inspire used to be. Not been overwhelmed with their beers previously, but it looks a great set up.
Looking forward to trying that too.
Full match report would be appreciated ;)

Reactions: Great_Expectations

Kneeza

Feb 2, 2012
Over There
Not my usual type of tipple (by a long way) but I fancied a change, and I'm really rather enjoying this 20210508_193902.jpg

fernandopartridge

Dec 9, 2011
Don't think I could drink more than one at a time. Fancied trying one, and it was all I could find at the time. What would you prefer?
The Sam Smith's Organic Chocolate Stout is just beautiful, though more chocolate than the Young's, so definitely one at a time at most.

Think there are a few others named in this thread, off the top of my head

Saltaire Triple Chocolate
Millionaire by the Wild Beer Co
Mud City Stout by Sadlers
Smores by Beartown

Great_Expectations

Mar 18, 2011
We can’t let this thread get lost....

Had a nice can tonight - Seven Bro7hers, Sabro IPA. Nice session IPA with subtle tropical and coconut notes. Manchester Brewery so FP may be familiar.

Had a nice one on draft over the weekend; Solid State by Verdant. I mentioned before I review ales for an Instagram page and all reviewers seems to rave about Verdant. It was a very nice beer as always, light, easy to drink and flavoursome - which is impressive at 6.3% - but they always come at a premium. Just under £7 for 2/3....!!

Reactions: vow

fernandopartridge

Dec 9, 2011
We can’t let this thread get lost....

Had a nice can tonight - Seven Bro7hers, Sabro IPA. Nice session IPA with subtle tropical and coconut notes. Manchester Brewery so FP may be familiar.

Had a nice one on draft over the weekend; Solid State by Verdant. I mentioned before I review ales for an Instagram page and all reviewers seems to rave about Verdant. It was a very nice beer as always, light, easy to drink and flavoursome - which is impressive at 6.3% - but they always come at a premium. Just under £7 for 2/3....!!
I've not tried that one. I enjoyed their water melon beer and most others, worth looking out for.
They've got a brewery tap near Salford Quays where i notionally work, it's a decent night as they put bands on etc.

wingy

Jul 9, 2011
Anyone doing The Holyhead tonight,followed by squire's or Chesford Grange ?
Bank holiday Sunday and all that.