Recommend a beer (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

Time to collect it all together!

Anyway, one advantage of drinking less than I used to is I can go for quality ahead of quantity. Tried this when on holiday a couple of years back and really enjoyed it.

skye-gold-3-bottles.jpg

So now I get a case now and again. Their other beers are pretty good, too. Not so sure about the dark ones (not really for me) but the others? They go down nice and easily.

fernandopartridge

In cov I've ordered or bought from

Byatts Home - Byatts Brewery
Twisted Barrel Twisted Barrel Ale Brewery and Tap House
Dhillons Home - Dhillons Brewery

All decent. Twisted Barrel is the best but most expensive.

Otherwise i have tried
SALT beer factory Home - SALT Beer Factory
Howard Town

I'd much rather give my money to these people directly than the international conglomerates that stock supermarkets. Small breweries need all the help they can get at the moment. Who wants to live in a world where your choice is Carling, Guinness or John Smiths

NorthernWisdom

I'd much rather give my money to these people directly than the international conglomerates that stock supermarkets. Small breweries need all the help they can get at the moment. Who wants to live in a world where your choice is Carling, Guinness or John Smiths
Yeah, that's kind of where I'm at. I drink beer for enjoyment now anyway, rather than to get pissed, so may as well have a nice pint! Had some shockers trying random stuff, but also uncovered some surprising gems.

This is actually lovely, believe it or not!

1nilandwe...

Highly recommend pretty much everything that Byatt's do.
They seem to have avoided some of the quirkier modern craft beer fads and just make very straightforward, very tasty beers.
They're available to order for collection or delivery during lockdown too.
And they are local.

hill83

I’ve bought a few crate off Flavourly the last couple of months. Think I mentioned it before. They work with independent breweries. Decent selection.

There is definitely better out there though.

clint van damme

That is criminal. 2 fucking percent?

I remember when cheap lagers that tasted like drain fluid at least had the good grace to contain industrial levels of alcohol and were revered among the down and out community.

They wouldn't give that piss the time of day.

no_loyalty

I quite like Efes from Turkey, and also Cruz Campo.

bulko

The hatherwood craft beer company bottle beers are nice from Lidl £1.09 a bottle 5%

Users who are viewing this thread