Reasons you miss games (1 Viewer)

slowpoke

I’ve become more selective now have a season ticket and don’t live too far from the CBS but it’s a ball ache of a walk and not as young as I was so pick & chose now ST gets passed round the family.

SIR ERNIE

On the runway at Gatwick right now, will be somewhere over the Atlantic at 3pm.
Want to hear that we've bagged the 3 points when I next switch on my phone.

Sick Boy

Thanks for asking Wingy. She's improved her mobility immensely but can't walk more than 30 yards or so. Mentally, she still imagines a lot of things. She sees people who aren't there. E.g. she said just yesterday, "Why aren't we going with them?" I asked what she meant. She "Pete and Julie. They've just left." That is her brother and his wife who we haven't seen for a couple of weeks. She actually thought they'd been here for a visit all afternoon. So, I'm still struggling with her mind, sadly. But a lot of the time she's fine.
All the very best to the two of you.

itsabuzzard

On the runway at Gatwick right now, will be somewhere over the Atlantic at 3pm.
Want to hear that we've bagged the 3 points when I next switch on my phone.
Have you glued yourself to the runway as part of a Just Stop Oil protest?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

theferret

People have valid reasons for not going of course, but don't understand local supporters who swerve games, Saturday games specifically, because they don't fancy it.

I live for Saturday home games. The way I see it, we only get about 16 of them a year. In a few years I'll be dead. I'm going to take every opportunity I can to do the thing I love most. I ain't missing any and I fully accept this may make me a bit of a sad case.

Jonny

People have valid reasons for not going of course, but don't understand local supporters who swerve games, Saturday games specifically, because they don't fancy it.

I live for Saturday home games. The way I see it, we only get about 16 of them a year. In a few years I'll be dead. I'm going to take every opportunity I can to do the thing I love most. I ain't missing any and I fully accept this may make me a bit of a sad case.
They're the ones that moan the most too. Think the club owes them something when they can't be arsed to down to the ground and support the lads!

B-Ban-Boogie

Living in Florida..
Go to every home game when I'm back (which is once or twice a year)
For some reason, its always f-in WBA or Brum..

Booked about 3 weeks ago to come back for end of April, 1st week of May..

1682384065137.png

ffs!! :ROFLMAO:

Feb 7 2023

Bump......and yes, i got a ticket for the game!! :D
I'm so f-ing excited, its going to be an unbeleivable day!

Home Video Dancing GIF

North York’s Blue

i bought a ST knowing I’d miss a fair few home games. Live 150 miles away so midweek is a big struggle. Have to balance out watching Cov/England and spending time with the mrs on a weekend.

Have been made redundant recently so looking for another job which may rule out midweek completely, the plus side lately is that I managed to get to Wigan and Blackburn midweek whilst being off.

ovduk78

I only get to about 2 to 3 a season & they depend on whether I'm working or not. Can't make midweek games unless I can make it a long weekend & go before heading home. Each trip costs about £100 in fuel, about 12 hours driving and I have to find somewhere to stay a night. Saturday will be my 4th game this season. Operation move back to the Midlands looks like it will be delayed for 4 more years as our son is going to university 😟

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Sadly haven’t been to a game this season due to a host of reasons, mainly living down south. Usually try and do a few local away days but ticket demand this year has made that difficult. I have probably watched 80% on iFollow via VPN though, so at least the club gets some cash out of me

Were we to go up I’d probably get a ST and split it with my old man

ceetee

Will not be at the Birmingham game this week, only home game I will have missed. Family want to celebrate my birthday and it's the only day they could all manage.

Flying Fokker

I’m in Normandy from Thursday. The D-Day beaches/ museums, St.Mare Eglise, Pegasus Bridge, Bayeux Tapestry etc. Booked up in October so it’s something I’ve been looking forward to.

I’m hoping to keep up with the game of course. PUSB.

Last edited:

Flying Fokker

A few years ago I enjoyed the walk there and walk back more than the game! My body benefitted and I’d cooled down by the time I got home!

TomRad85

I had a season ticket spanning a good few years across Highfield Road and the Ricoh, but then moved away from the area for work and now to add to that i have a young child and my wife often works Saturdays. I'd love to go more but it is what it is really. I do hate the rise of the 'super fan' on social media, we should be grateful for big crowds, i don't recall being that much of a c**t when i was a regular, just happy to see a big crowd in.

slyblue57

Follow Cov home mostly, a few away games and England home and away. I have to agree to miss 2 Cov games a season as I also have a holiday home abroad and book holidays around the football. It would be a divorce which I could nt afford if I did nt .pusb

Users who are viewing this thread