Reasons you miss games (1 Viewer)

greys4life

What reasons have you had to miss a fair few games? Season ticket holder, I usually go to all home games and most away but now either myself or other half are going to have to miss both home and away games - why cuz we're getting a new dog, so this Saturday I'm going to the game, will fight over the midweek but t'other half is going to Rotherham. In the future one of us will stay at home for all away games!

So what reason have others had to do something like this?

SkyBlueSoul

Working abroad is my main one. I'm a commissioning engineer so I normally have to do fairly long stints when I go, means I missed most in November/December and two in January.

robbiethemole

What reasons have you had to miss a fair few games? Season ticket holder, I usually go to all home games and most away but now either myself or other half are going to have to miss both home and away games - why cuz we're getting a new dog, so this Saturday I'm going to the game, will fight over the midweek but t'other half is going to Rotherham. In the future one of us will stay at home for all away games!

Get a dog sitter??

Terry Gibson's perm

Working nights it can be tough to get there, but I have a new boss and the last few night games I say I will be in late and I get in around an hour late but don’t have to use a days holiday.

LastGarrison

Moving our games to Northampton was a biggie for me..
This. Although in all honesty my mates’ interest had been on the wane prior to this but this really stopped it in its tracks.

There’s literally me and one mate now who have any interest but most weekends he’s either fishing, with his Missus or looking after his dog (he’s got joint custody 🤣).

The football has always been about having a few beers and going up with the lads and I just can’t bring myself to go up there on my Jack so just stay in the boozer with all the PL glory supporters.

Samo

Sadly, I don't attend any more as my health won't allow it.
Nonetheless, I did try to buy a ST a few seasons ago, just to contribute financially, but the system had me in the wrong age bracket and I couldn't complete the sale. I even rang to try to sort it but they were not particularly interested and would not accept card payment. I literally could not give them my money. 🤷‍♂️

Bertola

Tuesdays are going to be tough for me, my lad has training till 7. Saturday 12:30s could also be a struggle depending on the time and venue of his game the same day

win9nut

I'm a single Dad, and little one is autistic and won't cope with the sound levels (won't wear ear-defenders either!)
I also live 60 miles or so from Cov (and the rest of my family), so week nights are a pain, and sometimes the games fall on the wrong weekend... usually works out though and I get to most weekend home games plus several away...
Will be a good couple of weeks though as will be at the Luton and Rotherham games (happy birthday to me!)
Millwall will be a no though :(

Bertola

I'm a single Dad, and little one is autistic and won't cope with the sound levels (won't wear ear-defenders either!)
I also live 60 miles or so from Cov (and the rest of my family), so week nights are a pain, and sometimes the games fall on the wrong weekend... usually works out though and I get to most weekend home games plus several away...
Will be a good couple of weeks though as will be at the Luton and Rotherham games (happy birthday to me!)
Millwall will be a no though :(

The club have a sensory room available which might be worth checking out and getting some info for the little one

AOM

If iFollow was somehow included for free as part of the season ticket, I think I'd miss a lot more games as it's usually a mad rush after work for midweek games or I simply cannot be arsed.
Will only miss games when I've got other plans on that can't be missed though really (holidays, etc)

Esoterica

Have you considered getting yourself a stick and pretending it’s a guide dog?

Travs

Being heavily involved in sport myself.

Regularly find myself training, travelling to/from, or actually at races on saturdays.... tuesday nights are my main training night at the club.

Have been up 4 times this season, and a couple of aways last season, but the habit of going regularly has been broken unfortunately.

Hobo

Tend not to bother with away games now.
Follow Cov Rugby also.
Missed two home games season. One because the rugby fixture on a Saturday was more attractive. One evening game because it was pissing down with rain and I could watch it on TV. These days I dont mind getting wet on the wayout but not on way in ( if it hadnt been on TV I would have gone in all honesty).

Sick Boy

This. Although in all honesty my mates’ interest had been on the wane prior to this but this really stopped it in its tracks.

There’s literally me and one mate now who have any interest but most weekends he’s either fishing, with his Missus or looking after his dog (he’s got joint custody 🤣).

The football has always been about having a few beers and going up with the lads and I just can’t bring myself to go up there on my Jack so just stay in the boozer with all the PL glory supporters.
Back in the late 90s I used to go with a group of up to 12 and and ten years later it was down to 4 of us - now none of the other 3 go. There must be loads of fans like that who just drifted away after the PL and then the decline - I do think the move to the Ricoh also played a part though.

B-Ban-Boogie

Living in Florida..
Go to every home game when I'm back (which is once or twice a year)
For some reason, its always f-in WBA or Brum..

Booked about 3 weeks ago to come back for end of April, 1st week of May..

1675787694824.png

ffs!! :ROFLMAO:

Robinshio

Back in the late 90s I used to go with a group of up to 12 and and ten years later it was down to 4 of us - now none of the other 3 go. There must be loads of fans like that who just drifted away after the PL and then the decline - I do think the move to the Ricoh also played a part though.
Yet are crowds are more or less at levels from the Premier league - we must just have a different type of fan
Certainly more women up there these days

Sky Blue Harry H

Just saw this thread after a conversation with my wife about Valentines day clashing with Millwall at home the same night. Luckily we've been together long enough that she couldn't care less :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

however, my son needs to be in Brum that same night, so if he can't get a lift with his mate, my wife will need to give him a lift, so I might have to end up dog sitting☹️☹️☹️☹️

but.... every cloud, CCFC will get my money twice, as I'll buy an ifollow pass 😎😎😎

Skybluecol

So after missing the FA Cup Final in 1987 due to my dad saying I was too young (I was 7 and completely disagreed although as I got older he had a valid point!).
Years of waiting for an appearance at Wembley....2nd April 2017 came along....albeit in a smaller competition....but who cares, its Wembley!
The better half went into labour the night before, didn't give birth until 7:34am. Shirt and Ticket were in the car and after several negotiations if the Mrs and daughter were given the all clear to go home and as long as I dropped them home to the awaiting family I could go there and straight back.
We didn't leave the hospital until 5mins before kick off. Listened to the match on the way home and went to watch 2nd half with a pint at the Hawksmill.....sitting amongst a few Cov fans and Lloyd McGrath!!
I was there for the Play Off final though....thankfully it wasn't another 40 year wait!!!

LastGarrison

100%.

We’d either go for a few in the Rose and Crown or the Devon and walk up (usually if it was a night match) or go into town and then down Far Gosford Street and walk to the ground. The lack of pubs and having to ‘travel’ to a home game definitely contributed.

Have to say it is great to see all the younger generation having something half decent to get behind nowadays as it’s been pretty bleak the past 20 years!

Happy_Martian

A friend used to have access to a cheap minibus from his work so I and a group of fans followed Cov home and away during the Prem years. Sutton United, Cambridge and Scarborough were fun trips. Even did a couple of preseason tours. But as time has gone on, I've had to take into account caring responsibilities and then my own health has deteriorated. Would love to pay into the club even for an official iFollow account (not VPN) but there doesn't seem to be any exceptions to the "no access from UK" rule.

shmmeee

Never been able to do away games really, and will miss them on iFollow if I’ve got family commitments usually.

Can’t remember the last home game I missed where I wasn’t ill.

Users who are viewing this thread