Reasons you miss games (1 Viewer)

Saddlebrains

Night games are an effort

ST Holder, but I enjoy going up with the kids, the days of going up and having a few pints before and after the game with mates have long gone, and when the kids cant come to night games because of school, i really cant be arsed to drag myself up. I dont get the same enjoyment.

Secondly to that im pinging until about 1am, adrenaline, out of normal routine because of the game, whatever, but i just cant sleep after a night game and sick of feeling like shit the next day at work

99% of Saturday games we're at though

B-Ban-Boogie

So after missing the FA Cup Final in 1987 due to my dad saying I was too young (I was 7 and completely disagreed although as I got older he had a valid point!).
Years of waiting for an appearance at Wembley....2nd April 2017 came along....albeit in a smaller competition....but who cares, its Wembley!
The better half went into labour the night before, didn't give birth until 7:34am. Shirt and Ticket were in the car and after several negotiations if the Mrs and daughter were given the all clear to go home and as long as I dropped them home to the awaiting family I could go there and straight back.
We didn't leave the hospital until 5mins before kick off. Listened to the match on the way home and went to watch 2nd half with a pint at the Hawksmill.....sitting amongst a few Cov fans and Lloyd McGrath!!
I was there for the Play Off final though....thankfully it wasn't another 40 year wait!!!

Jesus, was that 2017!?!

2nd of April is my wedding anniversary.....

I said to the wife I needed to be at Wembley, first time in 40 years and all that, and for some reason my missus thought it was the F.A Cup final (?)
(I was wondering why she had agreed to spend a fortune to travel back without much fuss)

We fly back the day before the game and someone in the family mentions that it was the Checkatrade final and not the F.A Cup...
The missus was piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssed!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So glad I was there though... what a day that was!! 💙💙

alexccfc99

I live in Leeds, I get to most games a season but night games are a massive rigmarole so sometimes have to knock them on the head

And some games I just don’t fancy, for example very unlikely I’ll be trekking down to Swansea from up here in a few months time for a pretty low-key match, also didn’t bother with Reading as I think it’s a crap away trip

On another note I’m not there this weekend as I’m off to Holland for a football weekender, £34 flights less than I’d spend on petrol or on a train ticket to get from here to Cov for the match - couldn’t say no

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Fast approaching 70. Living in Malvern, previous to that, lived on the Isle of Wight, so haven't lived in Cov since 2010. Money and travel are a big thing for me these days. I miss going up. :cry:

aloisiwouldhavescored

Sadly, I don't attend any more as my health won't allow it.
Nonetheless, I did try to buy a ST a few seasons ago, just to contribute financially, but the system had me in the wrong age bracket and I couldn't complete the sale. I even rang to try to sort it but they were not particularly interested and would not accept card payment. I literally could not give them my money. 🤷‍♂️
We both have health problems, unfortunately, too.

Supported City and had STs for nearly 60 years (including STs for the car parking) and hardly missed a home game in all that time. Went to Blues on the coach when we were playing there.

However, since we came back to the CBS Arena we have still renewed our STs as usual, but haven't been able to actually go last season or this. Both have problems walking and getting up and down the stairs now. Wanted to keep our STs as "never say never" , but realise that this will now be our last season. City has been so much a part of our lives, can't believe we are saying this, but just got to accept it, sadly.

Samo

Supported City and had STs for nearly 60 years (including STs for the car parking) and hardly missed a home game in all that time. Went to Blues on the coach when we were playing there.

However, since we came back to the CBS Arena we have still renewed our STs as usual, but haven't been able to actually go last season or this. Both have problems walking and getting up and down the stairs now. Wanted to keep our STs as "never say never" , but realise that this will now be our last season. City has been so much a part of our lives, can't believe we are saying this, but just got to accept it, sadly.

The very best wishes to you both, you never know. (y)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Watch every game on ifollow (when it works), but living and working in Amsterdam makes it hard to attend regularly. I went to the Cardiff game over Christmas when I was back, but wish I hadn't bothered as it was shite.

I've gotten into the habit of being able to shut the laptop and hit the town after a bad performance, and that's spoiled me now. If I ever move back I might be tempted to get an ST one day though, we'll have to see.

Chip Batch

Hardly go away games now really but never miss a home game unless I’ve already got a holiday booked near the start of the season before the fixtures are announced. That’s caught me out a couple of times before.

Chip Batch

Away games also attract a higher proportion of dickheads. If we go a goal or two down the players get dogs abuse from people who know fuck all. Find it hard to bite my tongue sometimes and takes some of the enjoyment away from a day that should be having a laugh and a few beers with my mates.

JAM See

Lifestyle generally. Just booked a weekend away to Lisbon, flying out 1st April (Stoke at home).

Couldn't imagine doing that with a mutt to think of.

Covkid1968#

Go most homes unless I have a family do on or work. But sometimes I just can’t be arsed…but that’s pretty rare.

ccfctommy

Night games are an effort

ST Holder, but I enjoy going up with the kids, the days of going up and having a few pints before and after the game with mates have long gone, and when the kids cant come to night games because of school, i really cant be arsed to drag myself up. I dont get the same enjoyment.

Secondly to that im pinging until about 1am, adrenaline, out of normal routine because of the game, whatever, but i just cant sleep after a night game and sick of feeling like shit the next day at work

99% of Saturday games we're at though

I'm like this with evening games. For context, I dont have kids.

Get home, have dinner, go to the pub 1, taxi to other pub 2, game, freezing, back to pub 2, taxi back to pub 1. get in at like half 11 or even midnight. Bleary eyed for work the next day.

robbiekeane

Living on the other side of the world. Unfortunately for my future children though they will remain cursed with supporting CCFC :)

clint van damme

Superb effort supporting the club. You deserve medals!
I salute you.

Julie SBA

This:

Old Warwickshire lad

Another season ticket holder (got 3 grandkids with me), the dickheads have stopped taking them away.
Did WBA and have promised them one more,but think that will be it.

Old Warwickshire lad

Didn’t sit in block 19 row DD by any chance ? Elderly couple who sat by us are no longer there.
I am the grey haired old git with the grandkids.

ccfctommy

That's so sad :-(

aloisiwouldhavescored

Didn’t sit in block 19 row DD by any chance ? Elderly couple who sat by us are no longer there.
I am the grey haired old git with the grandkids.
No we didn't sit in Block 19.

Was in the Telegraph Stand originally until they closed it several years ago and we then moved to the Main Stand Block 36 and there ever since.

Thank you everyone, for all your kind thoughts.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Work Saturdays.

Also when I went to every game by the time it starts getting cold and dark Nov/Dec it often feels more like a chore than a pleasure.

So now I chose 4-6 games a season and enjoy a more varied set of entertainment - theatre, comedy, ice hockey etc. People on here won't like that. I couldn't give a fuck - it works for me.

chiefdave

This is so sad. The CBS is a nightmare for people with mobility issues. Went through this with my Dad. Even if you book, the ridiculously overpriced, parking near to where you need to be there's every chance you'll turn up to find the car park already full or being used for another event and too to use the car park over the road

And then of course we've got the issue of the stupid fucking barrier and how people with mobility issues are forced to take a long, crowded route round

aloisiwouldhavescored

This is so sad. The CBS is a nightmare for people with mobility issues. Went through this with my Dad. Even if you book, the ridiculously overpriced, parking near to where you need to be there's every chance you'll turn up to find the car park already full or being used for another event and too to use the car park over the road

And then of course we've got the issue of the stupid fucking barrier and how people with mobility issues are forced to take a long, crowded route round
Yes, the CBS Arena is a nightmare. Attended the first meeting for the Disabled Supporters Group in the hope that we could find a solution to our still being able to attend games but only had one meeting and heard nothing else since. Suppose with all the shenanigans going on with CCFC they can't do anything at the moment.

Originally has a ST in Car Park C but had to give that up because of the walk over the bridge over the A444, too much for us. Then changed to Car Park A but, like you say, there were all sorts of problems with that, plus quite expensive.

Can't walk down to the Stadium any more, can't park, can't get a taxi company to drop us down there and pick us up afterwards, we are now defeated and giving up. Real shame and so gutting after so many years.

CWR it is for us now, or Sky or I-Follow if available. PUSB.

Brighton Sky Blue

Also when I went to every game by the time it starts getting cold and dark Nov/Dec it often feels more like a chore than a pleasure.

So now I chose 4-6 games a season and enjoy a more varied set of entertainment - theatre, comedy, ice hockey etc. People on here won't like that. I couldn't give a fuck - it works for me.
Doesn't like going in the cold
Does like going to ice hockey

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Doesn't like going in the cold
Does like going to ice hockey
Doesn't feel that cold inside. Thick jumper and socks and it's fine.

I've felt far, far colder at the football. God knows how many layers, double socks and gloves and can't even open a bottle because my fingers are so numb from the cold. Can't seem to warm up again afterwards either.

I know it quite literally makes me a fair weather fan but so be it.

Johhny Blue

Yes, the CBS Arena is a nightmare. Attended the first meeting for the Disabled Supporters Group in the hope that we could find a solution to our still being able to attend games but only had one meeting and heard nothing else since. Suppose with all the shenanigans going on with CCFC they can't do anything at the moment.

Originally has a ST in Car Park C but had to give that up because of the walk over the bridge over the A444, too much for us. Then changed to Car Park A but, like you say, there were all sorts of problems with that, plus quite expensive.

Can't walk down to the Stadium any more, can't park, can't get a taxi company to drop us down there and pick us up afterwards, we are now defeated and giving up. Real shame and so gutting after so many years.

CWR it is for us now, or Sky or I-Follow if available. PUSB.
It’s sad to see loyal fans having to miss games due to physical disabilities.
We must have plenty of fans that could offer a ride with a drop off and pick up close enough?

rob9872

Always have ST but almost always miss first game of the season due to being on holiday.

I was probably the only one pleased with the early cancellations this season although we did still miss Bristol City at Burton in the cup and the two away games at Sunderland and Millwall.

Hopefully this August will be the last year of school hols though as daughter will be GCSE's next season so we can holiday in June like we used to. Tbf she said she'd rather not go on holiday than miss City games and I remember when I would have been the same at her age. Some of that passion gets knocked out of you over the years, but I still generally consult the fixture list before committing to any nights out or weekends away.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Hows the Mrs doing now HH after the stroke ?
Thanks for asking Wingy. She's improved her mobility immensely but can't walk more than 30 yards or so. Mentally, she still imagines a lot of things. She sees people who aren't there. E.g. she said just yesterday, "Why aren't we going with them?" I asked what she meant. She "Pete and Julie. They've just left." That is her brother and his wife who we haven't seen for a couple of weeks. She actually thought they'd been here for a visit all afternoon. So, I'm still struggling with her mind, sadly. But a lot of the time she's fine.

Ashdown

Living abroad half the year.
Cost.
Stupid kick off times for TV.
Not enough points for away tickets.
Do what we can though, follow every game one way or another and spend what we can afford to.

Malaka

My boy plays on a Saturday, so can't do any away games and missed a couple of home games because I spend most of the summer in Spain

Users who are viewing this thread