2) he does his dollops in the goodmans garden
3) he’s ravenous
4) he’s been sick
5) he need to be buried at the goodmans
Over me head ?
Der!
Castaway movie.

Wilson the volleyball

In the film, Wilson the volleyball serves as Chuck Noland's personified friend and only companion during the four years that Noland spends alone on a deserted island. Named after the volleyball's manufacturer, Wilson Sporting Goods, the character was created by screenwriter William Broyles Jr.

no_loyalty

Mike van der hoorn 27yr old 6ft3" centre back released by Swansea, not sure if we could afford his wages to be fair as was reportedly on £15k per week.

covcity4life

I think we need something in the strikeforce.

A lot of areas of the squad are looking decent, but that is one area which we have struggled with for a while.
Agree need something else but not that we have struggled recently

Mcnulty in league 2
Godden league 1

We have had well performing strikers in recent years

I am not sure about godden inc championship yet though. Need to see how he steps up

Legia Sky Blue

Mike van der hoorn 27yr old 6ft3" centre back released by Swansea, not sure if we could afford his wages to be fair as was reportedly on £15k per week.

Swansea offered him a new deal but on reduced terms. Those terms are still likely to be higher than what we can stretch to.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Agree need something else but not that we have struggled recently

Mcnulty in league 2
Godden league 1

We have had well performing strikers in recent years

I am not sure about godden inc championship yet though. Need to see how he steps up

We won the league and averaged only 1.4 goals a game. During that time Baka and Biamou were both not fully convincing. Only Godden as a striker seemed to really know where the goal was, and even he got his fair share of stick.

We just went up a league. If we don't strengthen our strike force we will get relegated.

pipkin73

I think Godden can step up, played lots of last season carrying an injury but last 10-12 games looked lot's better. Bakka by all accounts has beefed up so it shows he wants to step up and listened to MR. Max is just Max, always up for it and scores some great goals and is a team player. Not saying they will get us promoted but I don't think they are as bad as people make out. At least give them a few pre-season games to show one way or the other.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I think Godden can step up, played lots of last season carrying an injury but last 10-12 games looked lot's better. Bakka by all accounts has beefed up so it shows he wants to step up and listened to MR. Max is just Max, always up for it and scores some great goals and is a team player. Not saying they will get us promoted but I don't think they are as bad as people make out. At least give them a few pre-season games to show one way or the other.
I agree with you and also has anyone realised that baka is a young lad still and can make it to the top if he puts the work in

RingoCCFC

I agree with you and also has anyone realised that baka is a young lad still and can make it to the top if he puts the work in

I think he just needs more confidence and to ease up a little as I always think he seems to put to much stress on himself! Interesting though to see the averages out per 90 played but even then there’s the other contributing factors each individual plays of course but I really think Max is quite an outstanding lad to think he’s came from the national league and he’s such a humble guy and seems to have pure talent in his finishing at times!

14B844E8-AACD-4A4A-8209-41910B3330CC.jpeg

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I think he just needs more confidence and to ease up a little as I always think he seems to put to much stress on himself! Interesting though to see the averages out per 90 played but even then there’s the other contributing factors each individual plays of course but I really think Max is quite an outstanding lad to think he’s came from the national league and he’s such a humble guy and seems to have pure talent in his finishing at times!

View attachment 16346
I dont get why people say Max will not make the step up

Sky Blue Harry H

I think some of it is a hangover from his first season, when he couldn't buy a goal for the first few months, and the fact that he was in his mid to late 20s when he made it out of the National League. Perhaps it's assumed that he wouldn't have the time / potential to improve.
Regardless of what some think of Max, even the doubters will concede he scores a fair number of worldies, which means whether you are playing Leamington or Real Madrid, the ball is still going in the net.

cooperskyblue

We won the league and averaged only 1.4 goals a game. During that time Baka and Biamou were both not fully convincing. Only Godden as a striker seemed to really know where the goal was, and even he got his fair share of stick.

We just went up a league. If we don't strengthen our strike force we will get relegated.

Mate chill out! We will sign a striker 100%. But there is absolutely no point rushing to get anyone in.
Disagree about Biamou, he gets written off time and time again, first in L2 then adapted, L1 last season, then he came back and in my opinion him and O'hare were the 2 players who you felt would make a difference and make an impact.

Robins clearly sees something in Baka, he is young, has the attributes and clearly believes he can get him to deliver.

BornSlippySkyBlue

I think Baka might surprise a few this season. Something about the way he played against Rangers, he looked fired up and definitely been beefing up a bit. If he can take that attitude with him he could be a right handful, he’s not small and with extra power would be a nightmare to defend against.

They all need to contribute this season, we don’t ‘need’ a 20 goal striker if we have 4 10 goal strikers. Do we though...

mr_monkey

I think Baka might surprise a few this season. Something about the way he played against Rangers, he looked fired up and definitely been beefing up a bit. If he can take that attitude with him he could be a right handful, he’s not small and with extra power would be a nightmare to defend against.

They all need to contribute this season, we don’t ‘need’ a 20 goal striker if we have 4 10 goal strikers. Do we though...

Couldn't agree more about baka, hopefully he can get his confidence up and suprise people this year.

I think the old 20 goal a season striker is a bit redundent nowadays (especially the way we play) as we will get goals from not just the one upfront but from around the pitch as we did last season. If we started the season with godden as the starter and then an other and Baka as backup I'd be very happy. As much as I love max I don't think he is at his strongest as the one up front, in a two I think it's a different story for him

Winny the Bish

I feel like last season it finally clicked in Baka that he's not some Thierry Henry type striker that can do it all. He stopped trying to run thirty yards with the ball from midfield, and focused more on using his height in the air, chasing down defenders, and keeping it simple. If he can keep focus on that, he's a useful option off the bench.

BornSlippySkyBlue

I feel like last season it finally clicked in Baka that he's not some Thierry Henry type striker that can do it all. He stopped trying to run thirty yards with the ball from midfield, and focused more on using his height in the air, chasing down defenders, and keeping it simple. If he can keep focus on that, he's a useful option off the bench.
Hope so, I do get the impression with Baka that Baka can be the problem. It’s in his head a lot of it. He’s got the ability and the build, we just need to see the ‘fired up’ Baka more often. He strikes me as lacking in a bit of self-belief. If he was a cocky sod he’d frighten the life out of defenders.

Think this season is his best opportunity he could hope for to push on, hope he takes it.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Couldn't agree more about baka, hopefully he can get his confidence up and suprise people this year.

I think the old 20 goal a season striker is a bit redundent nowadays (especially the way we play) as we will get goals from not just the one upfront but from around the pitch as we did last season. If we started the season with godden as the starter and then an other and Baka as backup I'd be very happy. As much as I love max I don't think he is at his strongest as the one up front, in a two I think it's a different story for him
Be interesting to see what Max can do at this level, should he get the opportunity. Can’t see him starting many, but he has a knack of scoring some cracking goals so could be a useful option off the bench. Maybe he’ll end up playing more in cup games, we’ll need some options (assuming a standard number of games).

win9nut

Hope so, I do get the impression with Baka that Baka can be the problem. It’s in his head a lot of it. He’s got the ability and the build, we just need to see the ‘fired up’ Baka more often. He strikes me as lacking in a bit of self-belief. If he was a cocky sod he’d frighten the life out of defenders.

Think this season is his best opportunity he could hope for to push on, hope he takes it.
Really hope he does well. Maybe fans can be a bit appreciative and help push him in the right direction.
Always liked Baka, when he's switched on, he's really good.

SleepyGinger

He seems to be doing some one on one training sessions away from the club on his instagram, seems like he really wants it this season.

Users who are viewing this thread