Realistic signings (2 Viewers)

Yorkshire SB

Tough one on a striker. If they're proven it'll cost upwards of £10m (pre-covid, anyway), so realistically we've got to take a bit of a punt. Like the idea of a PL loan, like this guy from Wolves. They can then push Godden who should be our starting striker. Confidence is everything for a striker, a good start and I think Godden can get 15 next season.

I think we lack goals in the rest of the team though. We didn't score too many last season, and our success was built on dominating possession and a watertight defence.

Marty

I watched the highlights of the Wigan-Hull game and the lad who scored a hattrick caught my eye, Kieran Dowell on loan from Everton, made intelligent runs, good passes, strikes a ball nicely, found space. Definitely a player the club should take a closer look at.

Frostie

I watched the highlights of the Wigan-Hull game and the lad who scored a hattrick caught my eye, Kieran Dowell on loan from Everton, made intelligent runs, good passes, strikes a ball nicely, found space. Definitely a player the club should take a closer look at.

Good player but think we're pretty well stacked in the No.10 / Attacking Midfield roles now.

Marty

Good player but think we're pretty well stacked in the No.10 / Attacking Midfield roles now.

I agree, but I do think he looks a cut above the current crop bar O'Hare, there's also other areas of the squad that need attention first.

Seamus1

Sorry if this name has already been mooted on this thread (I really cannot be bothered going through 18 pages), but if Brentford go up, how about looking at Marcus Forss? 11 goals in 19 games for AFC Wimbledon last season

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Charlie McCann from Utd. Was with our youth system and plays DCM, perfect cover to Kelly??

Obviously I’m on about a loan deal

Prob a bit young still but certainly one I'm sure we're keeping an eye on in case he becomes available in a year or two.

Decided to have a quick look at his Man U profile and while doing so noticed they literally have Sideshow Bob in theri youth team!

David O'Day

Prob a bit young still but certainly one I'm sure we're keeping an eye on in case he becomes available in a year or two.

Decided to have a quick look at his Man U profile and while doing so noticed they literally have Sideshow Bob in theri youth team!

He's fucking good as well, they spent about 4.5 million on him at 16

Terry_dactyl

I’ve liked the look of Cameron McGeehan from Barnsley, currently on loan at Pompey. Thought he looked good against us and was really impressed with him in Pompey’s playoff semi finals. Big, strong, centre mid, and can pick a pass. seemed to have evolved into Pompey’s playmaker. Was also really good at breaking down attacks. Looked too good for league 1.

Legia Sky Blue

I’ve liked the look of Cameron McGeehan from Barnsley, currently on loan at Pompey. Thought he looked good against us and was really impressed with him in Pompey’s playoff semi finals. Big, strong, centre mid, and can pick a pass. seemed to have evolved into Pompey’s playmaker. Was also really good at breaking down attacks. Looked too good for league 1.

From what I read on their message board, Portsmouth fans thought differently. The consensus seemed to be that he huffs and puffs but offers nothing creative. The fact that Barnsley were happy to release him on loan also suggests the Championship is too high a level for him. Doesn't really matter anyhow as midfield is somewhere we are overloaded with players, and I'm sure MR is focusing on a left (wing) back and striker before bringing in any other midfielders.

Terry_dactyl

From what I read on their message board, Portsmouth fans thought differently. The consensus seemed to be that he huffs and puffs but offers nothing creative. The fact that Barnsley were happy to release him on loan also suggests the Championship is too high a level for him. Doesn't really matter anyhow as midfield is somewhere we are overloaded with players, and I'm sure MR is focusing on a left (wing) back and striker before bringing in any other midfielders.
My Pompey season ticket holding parents thought he looked decent and think that’s the consensus of others they’ve spoken with.
He may, or may not be good enough for Championship. It’s a question that was asked when we’ve talked about him. He’s certainly looked really good when I’ve seen him.
Sorry to disagree but I think a big, tough tackling, ball playing centre mid will be something we will definitely need.

Legia Sky Blue

Don't disagree that we might need that type of player at some point, but I thought Portsmouth severely lacked any quality when i saw them, and that he was a big part of that. Its all about opinions of course, as we were clearly watching the same games and drawing different conclusions, but the only one whose opinion matters ultimately is MR's, and I presume we are both happy with that.

Terry_dactyl

Don't disagree that we might need that type of player at some point, but I thought Portsmouth severely lacked any quality when i saw them, and that he was a big part of that. Its all about opinions of course, as we were clearly watching the same games and drawing different conclusions, but the only one whose opinion matters ultimately is MR's, and I presume we are both happy with that.
Absolutely. And you’re right there’s clearly questions to be asked if he’s been let go by Barnsley. I just thought he was the stand out player for them vs Oxford, in the 2nd leg at least. Having said that Oxfords young centre back looks decent...
I give up on my scouting mission!

SleepyGinger

I’d like Harry Pickering from Crewe, highly rated left back only 21, think few teams will be sniffing around though

Bugsy

giphy.gif

I’d like Harry Pickering from Crewe, highly rated left back only 21, think few teams will be sniffing around though

hamil99

Facebook User
Ravel Morrison anyone?

The thought had crossed my mind. If someone could just unlock that head of his, and get him playing like he can, he'd be fantastic. The sad truth is I don't think anyone will be able too, that's why I would not sign him.

woody11462

The thought had crossed my mind. If someone could just unlock that head of his, and get him playing like he can, he'd be fantastic. The sad truth is I don't think anyone will be able too, that's why I would not sign him.

Sure Fergie said he was the most gifted youngster he ever saw coming through United. Always been the question mark over his mentality towards the pro game.

hamil99

Facebook User
Sure Fergie said he was the most gifted youngster he ever saw coming through United. Always been the question mark over his mentality towards the pro game.

He's one of the ones who will look back on his football career and wonder what could of been.

jordan210

Saw one of the rubbish twitter accounts had linked us with an Arsenal youth player. Not sure who it was mind you

Users who are viewing this thread