Realistic signings (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueCRJ

We probably don't need another CM but Josh Laurent from Shrews would be a great addition to the squad.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

At what point do we start to moan and blame Sisu as we haven't made a signing up !

We haven't made any signings yet! We need the players in the door so they're ready and settled ready for pre-season. Why haven't SISU put their hand in their pocket and given MR cash for some of the players he had lined up?

If we don't sign some players quick we're going to be struggling to gel come the start of the season.

Sky Blue Pete

We haven't made any signings yet! We need the players in the door so they're ready and settled ready for pre-season. Why haven't SISU put their hand in their pocket and given MR cash for some of the players he had lined up?

If we don't sign some players quick we're going to be struggling to gel come the start of the season.
I think given all the variables we need to be content with 3-4 additions and maybe allow players to leave who aren’t seen as first team squad players. Then review January and see where we are at. Can’t believe the hands off approach of our government to data etc

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Is this a serious post?

cc84cov

Mate the clubs don’t even know their budgets with this Covid stuff be patient things will be happening behind the scenes have faith in Robins & his staff we will be well prepared for the start of the season when ever thAt is,The Prem & championship are not even finished yet.

steve cooper

There could be some big bargains available, It's going to be a balance between signing players early to get the squad settled as soon as possible, and waiting to see how many players become available on the cheap. I don't wish administration on any club, but Wigan could just be the start.

skyblue025

Loads of unrealistic suggestions on all social media. People thinking we are going to be signing 10 Championship proven players when the average Championship player is on 25k a week.

mark82

Ohhh
Idk much about other teams in the championships rumours or transfers so whoops
lol

They found a heart condition during his medical so the transfer was delayed. He's had to have a 'procedure' to correct it. Suspect the Milan move will probably materialise for him again in the summer. Would imagine the fee would reduce a little if they are in administration and relegated.

Terry_dactyl

I'm so out of touch with the Championship, trying to watch a few games to learn a bit about the players
I’ve seen Cardiff a fee times this year (My girlfriend and her family are Cardiff fans - I live in Cardiff) including seeing Chaplin score for Barnsley. I guess it’s difficult to compare leagues but there’s nothing that has really stood out to me. I’m amazed that Cardiff are now in the playoffs. Perhaps some of dullest football I’ve ever seen. All the attacking prowess of that SP team after Wilson/Clarke left. They even had Gary Madine at one stage.
Having said that, Forest looked useful, especially Tiago Silva (I think?). The few games I’ve seen (maybe 5?) teams looked solid without being especially creative. Tomlin has been his usual mercurial self. I think Cardiff’s best player has been Curtis Nelson whom they signed from Oxford. Huddersfield had some big bloke in midfield who was good.
And so concludes my review of the Championship.
PS
Wayne Rooney plays for Derby.

Skybluefaz

I’ve seen Cardiff a fee times this year (My girlfriend and her family are Cardiff fans - I live in Cardiff) including seeing Chaplin score for Barnsley. I guess it’s difficult to compare leagues but there’s nothing that has really stood out to me. I’m amazed that Cardiff are now in the playoffs. Perhaps some of dullest football I’ve ever seen. All the attacking prowess of that SP team after Wilson/Clarke left. They even had Gary Madine at one stage.
Having said that, Forest looked useful, especially Tiago Silva (I think?). The few games I’ve seen (maybe 5?) teams looked solid without being especially creative. Tomlin has been his usual mercurial self. I think Cardiff’s best player has been Curtis Nelson whom they signed from Oxford. Huddersfield had some big bloke in midfield who was good.
And so concludes my review of the Championship.
PS
Wayne Rooney plays for Derby.
I think you've covered it. I watched Cardiff do an absolute counter attacking number on Leeds. They got a couple of cracking goals. As you go up the leagues you see more of those moments of quality don't you? I guess that's the real difference.

Terry_dactyl

I think you've covered it. I watched Cardiff do an absolute counter attacking number on Leeds. They got a couple of cracking goals. As you go up the leagues you see more of those moments of quality don't you? I guess that's the real difference.
Yeah. I think defences have to be tighter. I guess the speed of the game also increases but I find that difficult to assess.
The bloke Cardiff signed from Bundesliga 2, Glatzel, has looked shite all year but has now scored a couple and looked a right handful in their recent game v Charlton. Although he had to go off with an injury.
I actually think our Birmingham games are not bad barometers of the standard.
Also, and I dunno if it’s been mentioned on here already, Wigan are due to be docked 12 points next year, assuming they don’t get relegated this. I’ve heard talk (thanks dad!) that others are likely to follow them into admin. Dare I say it, this could make relegation from the Championship more difficult next season.

superskyblue

Also, and I dunno if it’s been mentioned on here already, Wigan are due to be docked 12 points next year, assuming they don’t get relegated this. I’ve heard talk (thanks dad!) that others are likely to follow them into admin. Dare I say it, this could make relegation from the Championship more difficult next season.

My understanding of Wigan situation is different to yours Terry. I think Wigan will be docked 12 points this season (unless they are already due to be relegated without points deduction). As that scenario is highly unlikely it's safe to assume the -12 will be from their total this season. Whether or not that relegates them is a different question. They look good to still survive in my view.

Terry_dactyl

My understanding of Wigan situation is different to yours Terry. I think Wigan will be docked 12 points this season (unless they are already due to be relegated without points deduction). As that scenario is highly unlikely it's safe to assume the -12 will be from their total this season. Whether or not that relegates them is a different question. They look good to still survive in my view.
Ah, I’m sure you’re right. I must have misunderstood. That is what I had originally thought but had been corrected...I must learn to trust myself more!
In this scenario, I think it will be a close run thing for Wigan. Their form has definitely picked up.

twistandshout

Ah, I’m sure you’re right. I must have misunderstood. That is what I had originally thought but had been corrected...I must learn to trust myself more!
In this scenario, I think it will be a close run thing for Wigan. Their form has definitely picked up.
I believe it leases them 4 points from safety with 6 games to play.

Nonleagueherewecome

Positive is, if Wigan (and possibly other teams too) are relegated due to admin and the teams that would have gone down otherwise stay up, it still makes getting relegated more difficult as our rivals for that prize next season would include those reprieved sides-and the division would be missing a decent mid-table side or two!

Users who are viewing this thread