Realistic signings (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

On Giles' showing last week and tonight no way in hell mccallum would get in ahead of him but it's a moot point as he isn't coming back
Agreed he will be sat on the bench all season the way Giles is going.

Qwerty70

Be very very surprised both the club and sam have moved on and thank the lord he did it made it possible to keep players for this year that were more important to the team
Absolutely agree Pete, the fee for Sam enabled us to make the signings we have. Hamer is going to be an excellent addition and O Hare on a free will turn out to be a blinding bit of business.
You may end up being surprised Pete,

Sky Blue Pete

Absolutely agree Pete, the fee for Sam enabled us to make the signings we have. Hamer is going to be an excellent addition and O Hare on a free will turn out to be a blinding bit of business.
You may end up being surprised Pete,
Inside knowledge? I have none of that lol

Frostie

I have heard again tonight that McCallum is definitely rejoining on loan & that it could even be confirmed as soon as tomorrow.

I wouldn't deem it a reliable source & as others have said just can't see it when he wouldn't be likely to oust Giles on current form. 🤷‍♂️

larry_david

Would allow Mason to go but long term unless we sign Giles perm or mccallum is deemed not good enough already, it's not great having two loaner lbs... Mind u Newton might be the new mccallum so who knows

long way home

I would not be shocked in seeing a few young players from top clubs coming in on loan. Our players look like they are getting some top level coaching in what looks like a very positive enviroment. You can see a team spirit and togetherness that comes from all buying into what is being asked on an everyday basis, i have not seen this at the club for a very long time. Big clubs will be watching and could be thinking we are a very good option to sent some players to make the next step and getting 1st team games.

Last edited:

Skybluebeliever

Yes this will happen , we would have had first option on him coming back on loan , I guess we thought it’s better to have him in the squad . Be the same as last season but Giles has the shirt this time

Magwitch

I have heard again tonight that McCallum is definitely rejoining on loan & that it could even be confirmed as soon as tomorrow.

I wouldn't deem it a reliable source & as others have said just can't see it when he wouldn't be likely to oust Giles on current form. 🤷‍♂️
Cant see it myself, early days yet but from the two games I have seen Giles play attacking wise he’s an improvement on McCallum, unless Robins sees Giles as a wide left midfielder. And haven’t Norwich just sold their number one left back.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Although McCallum is more suited to a WB role than Mason, I wouldn't think it'd be wise to have two loanees for a position. Mason wouldn't be happy to be third choice and so may leave and if Giles/McCallum were recalled in Jan we'd be stuffed.

Dunno if MR is banking on Newton progressing enough to be ready for the first team, but he's very young, not been a pro for long and only just come back from a broken leg so it'd be a gamble.

Frostie

The whole point of Wolves loaning us Giles was that they want him to develop in the wing back role. Given the exceptional start he's made I can't see that we're going to willingly move him from there on a regular basis just to accommodate McCallum.

Open to debate & I'm not saying Giles is better than McCallum necessarily but I do think he's a better fit for the way we want to play.

cooperskyblue

Would be really shocked if we got McCallum back.
Think we need another CAM as seems like Hilssner is way off at the moment and with JJ being injured I feel we may be a bit short.

mark82

It's a funny thing to ponder considering Giles couldn't get into the team because of McCallum a few months ago.

Yep, it is funny. To be honest, I think the main thing last year was that we had a settled team that was winning.

If McCallum does come back he'd be a decent backup. I think his development would be better served going somewhere he can play week in, week out. Going the Scotland route like Maddison wouldn't be the worst thing.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Would be really shocked if we got McCallum back.
Think we need another CAM as seems like Hilssner is way off at the moment and with JJ being injured I feel we may be a bit short.

Although he's been filling in at RWB Burroughs is more of an attacking midfielder in his preferred position.

ccfc1234

Great if that comes off. But I really would like to see us sign a goal scoring attacking midfielder from a premiership club. Remember when Jesse Lingard was good and was loaned to the championship. Someone like that with Ohare would be a great addishion.

junglej13

If the budget is limited then I would prefer DCM and an ACM. Left back isn't as much of a priority. If its true about McCallum that takes us up to four loan signings in the squad so only room for one more in the squad. Unless Robins is thinking of pushing Giles into one of the roles behind Godden maybe.

cc84cov

Great if that comes off. But I really would like to see us sign a goal scoring attacking midfielder from a premiership club. Remember when Jesse Lingard was good and was loaned to the championship. Someone like that with Ohare would be a great addishion.
Went to Birmingham

hamil99

Facebook User
There's a chance we've put an offer in for Giles with the Wilson money, I'm sure we were loaning him before a possible purchase. Maybe robins has seen enough.

McCallum coming in on loan, as backup would make sense then, for us anyway, for McCallum, I'm not sure, unless he believes he can dislodge Giles.

Will be interesting what the next few days cook up anyway.

cooperskyblue

Left wing more so that attacking midfield mate,wouldn’t want him in one of the 2 AM positions he’s just fine where he is.
Maybe Robins thinks he could play one of the CAM positions a bit like JJ was gling to have to moving from winger into a more centralised role.
Whatever happsn great depth in that area.

Users who are viewing this thread