Ready to go (1 Viewer)

Seyeclops666

Last weekend I posted the petition on the Sunderland website.

For those who witnessed that experience via my link it was an interesting experience - it shows prejudice, hatred, total single minded devotion to one cause.

It leads me to ask myself some questions regarding "typical" fan behaviour and I draw the following conclusions;

Sunderland fans would achieve 100,000 signatures to a petition very easily

Sunderland fans would not ever make any posts about a management company if it owned the ground -they are only interested in the club.

If the stadium was vacant and hosted any match involving Newcastle under 21's then any forum member even mentioning this in less than utter damnation would need police protection

If the club was no longer in Sunderland due to a rental dispute I would envisage that a lot if fans would still attend even if 34 miles away BUT the owners would be very absent.

No council window would be left unbroken and no councillor who tried to defend the position would even seek re-election

Any poster even attempting to quote statistics to defend the council and its management company would quickly decide that emigration is a suitable course of action.

Fans really do give you the club and the circumstances of that club that you deserve.

I also guarantee that not one Sunderland fan would attend "home" games in Newcastle, Middlesborough, Durham or any other town if their owners had stopped paying rent, taken them down the leagues, tried to distress the owners of the ground - particularly one involving a local charity set up to help the people of Sunderland - not filed accounts, shat on the fans etc etc - they don't like scabs up there!!

shmmeee

I hate this rhetoric. There's no evidence we are any more or less passionate than the vast majority of other clubs. Even the so called "fickleness" can be seen to be a steady decay of support without success if you look at the data.

If Sunderland were at the point we are in terms of remaining fanbase and recent history, they would respond just as we have a mixture of confusion. acceptance and denial.

Similarly, if this happened say in the late 90s under Strachan, we'd have torn the place apart.

Two clubs at completely different stages in their "football cycles" if you will, you can't compare them.

lordsummerisle

I've never seen it said on mass.

You're not alone, quite a few people do it, but it's "en masse", not "on mass", just one of those that has finally got to me after seeing it too many times.

"Elude" instead of "Allude" is another, a particular favourite of MMM that one.

Somebody has to try and hold back the tide of barbarism.

lordsummerisle

"Loose" instead of "lose" very prevalent.

However the other way round would be ideal when it comes to the TV Progamme "Loose Women".

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I think the ancient Greeks were better than the Romans.

(or am I getting confused with ancient Geeks? :thinking about:)

blueflint

When are you going to realise the reality, as fans (supporters) we don't have either the pleasure or the privilege of choosing or selecting who our owners are! Over almost 60 years I haven't particularly any of them, bar one and even he had 'baggage',

APPLIES TO ALL CLUBS, including the two above but also probably dozens of others so either accept the situation and get on with it or stop moaning and have nothing to do with the club or team.

Other parties involved here are equally or even possibly more to blame but as I've previously said, playing the blame game is futile IMHO!

We need to move on and look forward whoever owns the club and support the manager & the team PUSB!

you have to feel sorry for this poster (RFC) as he has no understanding of the reasons we will never go to sixfields

So you're suggesting we become a bunch of violent yobs and all to Sixfields? Sorry that is not Coventry fans. Well, not most of us anyway

Users who are viewing this thread