Match Thread Reading (2 Viewers)

thekidfromstrettoncamp

The 1 timewasting incident that stuck in my mind was the player leaving the field.the laws of the game state a player must leave at the nearest point not only did he not do this but 3 or 4 times he looked towards the ref and not once did he indicate he shoud go straight off. I will say fair play to the ref for adding the 8 minotes many only add on 2 or 3 in such games.

Last edited:

DannyThomas_1981

Just watching the game back on ifollow. Gotta say the dacosta hate shows the bias of opinions. I'd say he made two mistakes in the time he was on the pitch. Falling over the ball and a misplaced pass.

He's won several tackles, beat his man two or three times and put in some very dangerous crosses and recieved the ball from players alot. Someone on here was claiming the players didn't trust him, don't think that's the case at all. He's not the finished article or is he consistent but there's a player there somewhere and MR needs to keep working on it rather than scrap him for the bin. He has a shit load of energy too.
Excellent post and exactly as I saw it during the game - which is why most of us found the comments from some of the usual ‘experts’ (“he’s shit”, “should never wear the shirt again”) so infuriating and unfair. It often happens that some negative moron on here searching for the latest boo boy (for some unknown fucking reason) pitches in with that kind of “expert” comment - and before you know it there’s a bandwagon against that player.

Da Costa was not helped at all either by having Dabo inside him at RCB - who is all at sea in that position. The penalty conceded was an absolute example of how not to defend in that position; if any other player had conceded like that there would have been a meltdown on here of biblical proportions. That’s the bias.

I love Dabo so I have bias as well but try to evaluate also what I’m seeing on the pitch. On that note Da Costa was also all over the place briefly against Blackool at LWB but on Saturday showed his potential at RWB.

My take on this - play Dabo at RWB as he’s brilliant but never at RCB. Da Costa has potential at RWB as cover - but most importantly let’s give our players the chance to deliver on their potential vs. writing off at the first opportunity.

Not saying that all of the criticism is unfair - Da Costa needs to work on his positioning for sure as I think LiquidGold mentioned but for ‘experts’ on here to simply label a young Championship player as ‘shit’ - that just shows a complete lack of understanding as to what it takes to play at this level. And it wasn’t reflective of his overall performance either (which was not flawless but had positives).

There really is no need to have a boo boy in the team every fucking season either - it’s ridiculous and damages the team we all claim to support. I trust in Robins and Adi to make the changes if a player is not performing.

Last edited:

larry_david

Excellent post and exactly as I saw it during the game - which is why most of us found the comments from some of the usual ‘experts’ (“he’s shit”, “should never wear the shirt again”) so infuriating and unfair. It often happens that some negative moron on here searching for the latest boo boy (for some unknown fucking reason) pitches in with that kind of “expert” comment - and before you know it there’s a bandwagon against that player.

Da Costa was not helped at all either by having Dabo inside him at RCB - who is all at sea in that position. The penalty conceded was an absolute example of how not to defend in that position; if any other player had conceded like that there would have been a meltdown on here of biblical proportions. That’s the bias.

I love Dabo so I have bias as well but try to evaluate also what I’m seeing on the pitch. On that note Da Costa was also all over the place briefly against Blackool at LWB but on Saturday showed his potential at RWB.

My take on this - play Dabo at RWB as he’s brilliant but never at RCB. Da Costa has potential at RWB as cover - but most importantly let’s give our players the chance to deliver on their potential vs. writing off at the first opportunity.

Not saying that all of the criticism is unfair - Da Costa needs to work on his positioning for sure as I think LiquidGold mentioned but for ‘experts’ on here to simply label a young Championship player as ‘shit’ - that just shows a complete lack of understanding as to what it takes to play at this level. And it wasn’t reflective of his overall performance either (which was not flawless but had positives).

There really is no need to have a boo boy in the team every fucking season either - it’s ridiculous and damages the team we all claim to support. I trust in Robins and Vivi to make the changes if a player is not performing.
The way people were chatting on here in the immediate aftermath I assumed Dacosta had fucked up for the pen! Imagine my surprise when it was nothing to do with him. I was also expecting him to be all over the shop, like Kastaneer was on the Rotherham game but no, he actually showed enthusiasm, energy, willingness to listen and clear frustration when he messed up. He must be a confidence player, and I hope he takes great confidence from a good performance and a win. He was involved in the celebrations after as well which is great to see. I've not written him off despite his being labelled a 'conference' player on here. Which is laughable. Peter Vincenti was a conference player...

cc84cov

All opinions PUSB - I think DaCosta shows great energy and purpose on the pitch - but does need to work on his positioning. From my perspective on Saturday he put in some very decent crosses.
Reluctant to beat a man and shows signs of laziness,he’s gone soon as back up comes

Users who are viewing this thread