Match Thread Reading (1 Viewer)

Gibbo

Well for Norwich we were 0-0 when I got up from the settee in the hall, and 2-0 down by the time I'd walked 5-6 paces to the kitchen tv and switched it on. Hoping for better 1-1.

no_loyalty

I’m not Sheaf’s biggest fan, but based on the last performance Sheaf was miles better than Shipley.

cc84cov

Good luck to the nee lad up front tonight,quick powerful and strong let’s hope he’s just what we need

shmmeee

Shipley playing is why our business shouldn’t be done this window. Unless Bapaga is about to break through we need an AM for days we want to play the box.

Love Shippers but he’s not been at the level this season.

Can see why he doesn’t want to push Hamer further up. Does make the James signing even weirder for me though.

Ccfcisparks

Shipley playing is why our business shouldn’t be done this window. Unless Bapaga is about to break through we need an AM for days we want to play the box.

Can see why he doesn’t want to push Hamer further up. Does make the James signing even weirder for me though.
James is a direct replacement for the injured Kelly. It's no weirder than signing Gyokeres.

CCFCSteve

I know a few are questioning shippers selection (I’m first to admit he’s been disappointing this season) but when his heads on, like against Millwall, he fits into the system well and is a goal threat.....let’s not discuss when it isn’t !

Either way, expect Allen or Sheaf replacing him around 65-70mins depending on score at time

Let’s hope Viktor and Matt James hit the ground running

ps would’ve had Giles ahead of Kasta on bench (can replace Sam at back or Ohare in a more forward role)

Edit - thanks for the reminders, forgot about the loanee rule ! Still shame he’s not on bench as option

Last edited:

shmmeee

James is a direct replacement for the injured Kelly. It's no weirder than signing Gyokeres.

Sheaf is a direct replacement for Kelly. Why keep him on if we’re playing with one out and out DM?

Györkeres is completely different our two main strikers are out and the other are Max and Baka.

SBbucks

I know a few are questioning shippers selection (I’m first to admit he’s been disappointing this season) but when his heads on, like against Millwall, he fits into the system well and is a goal threat.....let’s not discuss when it isn’t !

Either way, expect Allen or Sheaf replacing him around 65-70mins depending on score at time

Let’s hope Viktor and Matt James hit the ground running

ps would’ve had Giles ahead of Kasta on bench (can replace Sam at back or Ohare in a more forward role)
One of the loanees had to drop out, can only have 5 in squad..

stevefloyd

I think James has been brought in a) for competition b) stop gap replacement for Kelly and if all goes well maybe a possible permanent replacement for Kelly lets hope today is one of the games Shipley appears to give a shit

shmmeee

I think James has been brought in a) for competition b) stop gap replacement for Kelly and if all goes well maybe a possible permanent replacement for Kelly lets hope today is one of the games Shipley appears to give a shit

Then why sign Sheaf?

shmmeee

And clearly he doesn't feel that Sheaf is a good enough replacement for Kelly's role.

So why are we signing him? Drop him out the squad so we don’t have to buy him (he’d be wrong IMO but still).

We’ve got limited funds and loan spots and seem to want to spend them all on DMs.

no_loyalty

Ips would’ve had Giles ahead of Kasta on bench (can replace Sam at back or Ohare in a more forward role)

One of the loan players will have to drop out of the squad from now on, this time it’s Giles.

covcity4life

Happy with team although never a good feeling about Shipley starting

James sheaf o hare hamer I would like to see trialled. See if hamer is wasted higher up pitch or not.

Greggs

Come on Shippers, prove the doubters wrong!
giphy.gif

Ccfcisparks

So why are we signing him? Drop him out the squad so we don’t have to buy him (he’d be wrong IMO but still).

We’ve got limited funds and loan spots and seem to want to spend them all on DMs.
What is wrong in having strength in depth when we play with 2/3 CM's. Say Hamer gets suspended we would be looking at playing Allen or Shipley sitting. You can't get through a season just having a basic 11.

shmmeee

What is wrong in having strength in depth when we play with 2/3 CM's. Say Hamer gets suspended we would be looking at playing Allen or Shipley sitting. You can't get through a season just having a basic 11.

Because as I said in the post that started this it means you haven’t got the ability to bring an AM in, which clearly we need because Shipley is out first choice. It also means you piss off Sheaf and Giles. To help us concede fewer goals. Which isn’t our issue.

Repeat “Kelly is injured” all you like, you can’t convince me the James signing makes sense.

Sky Blue Pete

It’s only outs now. Pretty pleased that osti and james could potentially be out of contract and potential signings

Ccfcisparks

Because as I said in the post that started this it means you haven’t got the ability to bring an AM in, which clearly we need because Shipley is out first choice. It also means you piss off Sheaf and Giles. To help us concede fewer goals. Which isn’t our issue.

Repeat “Kelly is injured” all you like, you can’t convince me the James signing makes sense.
It's fine, I dont mind not convincing you. Everyone else can see it makes plenty of sense.

Greggs

Playing with Shipley is like having ten men. Why does he keep doing it?

It makes me grumble when parting with my £10.
In robbings we trust. But in all seriousness, he's a very talented player - just needs to direct his energies a little better.

Users who are viewing this thread