Match Thread Reading (3 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

The weather looks awful tomorrow, at least playing conditions look better this evening, from a spectators viewpoint. If we get a drubbing, i'll have wished it was played tomorrow !! COME ON CITY !!

Brighton Sky Blue

What's on your score card?

Goal scored either side
Card either side, two drinks for a red
Robins makes a sub, two drinks if at HT
Every 3 misplaced passes

Any time someone posts:
‘Make a change Robins’
‘FFS’
‘Think we’ll nick this’
‘Wouldn’t score if we played till _______’

Open to suggestions

edgy

Feel we are due a red card for the oppposition. Seems ages in my mind since an opponent was sent off.

Also feel that's pretty much our only hope tonight. Long punt from Marosi on 14 mins, Godden gambles, defender slips and pulls him down 30 yards out. Eager ref, brandishes the red. City score resultant free kick and cling on bravely for the remaining 75 mins. What heroes.

Brighton Sky Blue

Feel we are due a red card for the oppposition. Seems ages in my mind since an opponent was sent off.

Also feel that's pretty much our only hope tonight. Long punt from Marosi on 14 mins, Godden gambles, defender slips and pulls him down 30 yards out. Eager ref, brandishes the red. City score resultant free kick and cling on bravely for the remaining 75 mins. What heroes.

I feel I might need to add any reference to Kenny Jackett after G’s suggestion yesterday

Hobo

Personally I think you need to look at a strait jacket if you're thinking of replacing Robins already
I dont want him replaced but Grendel suggested Jacket. I think Robins is doing a great job on very limited resources.

Great_Expectations

Goal scored either side
Card either side, two drinks for a red
Robins makes a sub, two drinks if at HT
Every 3 misplaced passes

Any time someone posts:
‘Make a change Robins’
‘FFS’
‘Think we’ll nick this’
‘Wouldn’t score if we played till _______’

Open to suggestions

You should also include each time one of the usual boo boys is slated. Take two sips everytime McFadzean, Shipley (albeit he was awful Tuesday) or Godden are slated.

And neck a drink if one the favourites is praised/escapes criticism despite making mistakes/hiding, namely Hamer and Dabo.

Brighton Sky Blue

You should also include each time one of the usual boo boys is slated. Take two sips everytime McFadzean, Shipley (albeit he was awful Tuesday) or Godden are slated.

And neck a drink if one the favourites is praised/escapes criticism despite making mistakes/hiding, namely Hamer and Dabo.

If I did it for Shipley he’d have got me wasted singlehandedly

Brighton Sky Blue

I don't think we can try and absorb pressure for 90 minutes, we need a bit of pace going forward on the counter if that's the case!

5-3-2 let Kelly shithouse and Sheaf and Hamer try some more expression without Godden doing marathon training up front

AOM

Just seen Reading havent been behind in a league match this season.

Their form is ridiculous, but it surely has to come to an end at some point!
Hopefully we're massively underestimated by them and can somehow get a surprise few points

Great_Expectations

Difficult team selection tonight, as the box got us promoted, playing great football and the players are familiar with it.

However, it isn’t working thus far. That’s in part due to the players showing too much respect to the opposition and us not playing our football - the two are linked in my view. We are also lacking at AM, I like Allen but he’s anonymous and poor when he does get the ball, COH promising start has dropped and Shipley isn’t a ball player.

We’ve also been forced to go more direct at times, which isn’t fair on Godden, doesn’t work and does not suit the system.

So I would go:

Marosi
Ostigard McFadzean Hyam
Dabo Kelly Hamer Giles
COH
Godden Biamou

I wouldn’t give Walker a start yet, he looked rusty pre covid and same again on Tuesday. Biamou is a good link player, and unless tired then Godden should start and he has proven he can score at this level.

I’m not as into Hamer as others on here, he clearly has talent but discipline and positional sense are slightly concerning, but he is our only real creative outlet. Sheaf has massively improved but Kelly adds more, including leadership.

2-1, why not.

Brighton Sky Blue

Their form is ridiculous, but it surely has to come to an end at some point!
Hopefully we're massively underestimated by them and can somehow get a surprise few points

The only way to guarantee we lose is to turn up expecting it to happen

Reactions: AOM

SlowerThanPlatt

20 minutes looked too much for Dabo on Tuesday. Loose passes and out of position a lot. Either he’s unfit or the league is too much for him

gspotgaz

20 minutes looked too much for Dabo on Tuesday. Loose passes and out of position a lot. Either he’s unfit or the league is too much for him
He’s nowhere near match fit, robins insinuated he’s having to rush a few of the players back.

I’d imagine kelly, Walker, dabo aren’t ready yet but having to play parts of games through necessity

gspotgaz

Might sound like a crazy idea but if he’s ready wonder whether it’s worth throwing bapaga in to start?

He’s looked very dynamic and pacey from what I’ve seen in cup games (albeit against much lower standard opposition). We need some spark up top as we are far too predictable and slow at the moment up top end of pitch

Frostie

He’s nowhere near match fit, robins insinuated he’s having to rush a few of the players back.

I’d imagine kelly, Walker, dabo aren’t ready yet but having to play parts of games through necessity

Agreed. Having those 3 at full fitness would be massive for us.

Mucca Mad Boys

I feel I might need to add any reference to Kenny Jackett after G’s suggestion yesterday

He did create a survival strategy once about 10 years ago...

Not to mention he spent over £1-2m last season in L1 and didn’t achieve promotion. So I have every reason to believe he’d keep us up.

pusbccfc

IF times were normal and we were playing in front of crowds, what do you think the attendance would be for this?

Considering the poor form, tiny away crowd and a less than exciting opposition on sky, just how low would it have been?

Users who are viewing this thread