Reading manager and the 8 minutes (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

No need to change the rules, just get the ref to add extra time if he thinks teams are taking the piss, it looks like that's exactly what's happened in our first 2 home games.

1. It's subjective based on what the ref considers to be 'taking the piss'.
2. One team will claim there shouldn't have been extra time added on, other team will claim there should have been more

It doesn't get rid of the issue because it's still down to ref's discretion and people will argue with that.

Stopping the clock gets rid of all of that.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
I planned to play back the extra time to see exactly how long the ball was actually in play but haven’t had time yet,
Anyone want to take this on?
Didn't time it but just watched ifollow and in injury time -

Their keeper took 30 seconds for a goal kick
They took 61 seconds between Sheaf's foul and the free kick being taken (where their assistant manager got booked)
Another 30 seconds to take the free kick after Hamer's foul
30 seconds to take their corner

Oh and for some reason it's the Reading commentators on ifollow and they were encouraging their players to go down, get a drink etc so yer, fk 'em.

skybluesam66

They took 61 seconds between Sheaf's foul and the free kick being taken (where their assistant manager got booked)

Oh and for some reason it's the Reading commentators on ifollow and they were encouraging their players to go down, get a drink etc so yer, fk 'em.
clearly cant do in zero seconds, but adding an extra 90 seconds for that seems reasonable

ccfcricoh

I planned to play back the extra time to see exactly how long the ball was actually in play but haven’t had time yet,
Anyone want to take this on?
Just done this...

ball crossed the line after 7m 4s of injury time

until then the ball was only in play for 3m 6s. I stopped clock for everything incl throw ins etc

There were also 3 players booked and their Assistant manager.

So if anything, the ref should have let us have another 3 minutes to make it 3-1.

Their commentators also banging on for the whole 7minutes that players should "fall over, roll around, just bring the physio on" which was satisfying...

ccfcricoh

didnt see this, i've just done exactly the same :LOL:

Users who are viewing this thread