Reading manager and the 8 minutes (1 Viewer)

skybluesam66

so they complain about the extra minutes - if he wasnt getting himself booked in stoppage time, there would be no need for the extra minutes
The ref was totally justified in adding on the extra time to extra time

Reading and Forest before them used every trick to waste time - which i dont blame them for as we would do the same - but at the same time, they cannot complain when it is rightly added back on

slowpoke

Wound me right up that did. What happened to the rule that they had to go off the nearest point anyway? Ref certainly wasn’t enforcing that one. Nobhead!
Well he did in the end by adding extra minutes on enough to allow our at the death winner, their manager is just trying to deflect responsibility.

AOM

They started wasting time around 10 minutes into the second half.
Completely deserved result

robbiethemole

Apparently viveash had been working 1:1 with godden on those exact opportunities and that positioning/movement in the box earlier in the week. Godden said so in his interview and so did Robins. Probably why Robins just looked at him gobsmacked and then hugged him lol

I love it when a plan comes together!! (A-team) for the youngsters hahahah

torchomatic

All managers know added times is a MINIMUM, so could be more. All the incidents already mentioned contributed to the extra times, plus their fans not returning the ball. Twats.

robbiethemole

the deluded feckers are still on about it today, don't they ever look forward??

Preston should have been 4 or 5, we were the better side st Stoke until we had to bring off Swift and look how they've started. 2 deflections there too. Bristol and Coventry were poor but we look like we will score in most games, just need to sort the defence and things may look rosier.

skybluegod

i said to my friends "As soon as Moore takes this kick the Ref will blow for time"

I suspect the Reading players thought the same. Serves them right for their dark arts, just like Forest

CWR said the same thing! You could tell there was going to be a chance as soon as they said 'well he hasn't'...

PVA

I never get the moaning about this.

Yes it's annoying when it happens against you, but it's a MINIUM of x minutes stoppage time. It's not a maximum of x minutes. It's not a difficult concept.

Gosb

Absolutely. Was a really sensible rule tweak that but is almost never enforced.
I think the FA had second thoughts about this rule after witnessing the amount of abuse players got as they trudged round the pitch and the potential for crowd trouble that brought with it. Referees now tend to cover this aspect in their briefing to the teams beforehand, but exiting to the technical area is the preferred approach.

lifeskyblue

I would like to thank the Reading manager, coaching staff and players for the amount of additional extra time added: the coach for arguing and getting himself booked; the manager for making unnecessary substitution; the players for switching off and NOT playing to the final whistle. THANK YOU.
They can’t argue with the time added overall or the additional added in injury time…they were responsible for the vast majority of it….so once again thank you Reading.

Was I right in noticing in one substitution therefore was walking with the centre forward to the dug out…hurrying him up for the sub only for reading to change the sub at the last second and the CF running back to his position. Wasting more time. Can’t remember if that before or after the90.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Happy_Martian

While Hughton didn't moan about 90+5" for our goal, the Blackpool Manager was complaining too about Vik's 45+2" goal in the first half. "Where did the extra minute come from ?" :D

Maybe we have sacrificed several Southern Fried Chickens to the Gods of Time this season ;)

BornSlippySkyBlue

Well he did in the end by adding extra minutes on enough to allow our at the death winner, their manager is just trying to deflect responsibility.
Yeah but adding time on isn’t what the rules say they should do. I genuinely don’t understand why they don’t enforce it. It’s not a hard rule to remember and it’s not like the entire stadium wasn’t telling him! (Pardon the multiple negatives!). It worked out ok for us in the end, but let’s face it they nearly got away with it.

BornSlippySkyBlue

I think the FA had second thoughts about this rule after witnessing the amount of abuse players got as they trudged round the pitch and the potential for crowd trouble that brought with it. Referees now tend to cover this aspect in their briefing to the teams beforehand, but exiting to the technical area is the preferred approach.
Yeah, good point. That thought crossed my mind too. It’s not the first time that’s happened, and it’s not a difficult rule to remember (or enforce), so maybe the advice changed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Terry Gibson's perm

There is far to much time wasted in the game and the losers are the paying public.

One rule I would bring in the player has so many seconds to leave the field from the nearest point it he goes over the time it’s a booking for the player entering the field. Booking the player going off is pointless.

Happy_Martian

Just seen this comment on their forum... " Deeper squads, maybe, but running for 90 minutes shouldn't be a challenge for these guys. "

Yeah, Reading. Keep running for 90 mins. We'll keep running till the final whistle ;)

Still on the FA website though.

"receives the referee’s permission to leave the field of play, unless already off the field, and must leave by the nearest point on the boundary line unless the referee indicates that the player may leave directly and immediately at the halfway line or another point (e.g. for safety/security or injury)"

skybluesam66

Maybe by changing the rules. Eg the ball is in play for 30 minutes each half with an automatic whistle when the clock runs down

slowpoke

It’s simple really though the referee simply stops his watch as was done Saturday which cost Reading a point. I’ve said before about this Reading’s manager is just trying to distract attention from his pathetic antics that earned him and his assistant a booking and probably put two minutes onto the six minutes overtime that was intitially given.

Happy_Martian

Maybe by changing the rules. Eg the ball is in play for 30 minutes each half with an automatic whistle when the clock runs down

Like the hooter in Rugby League ? Strange that it is being talked about in Association Football but in Rugby Union, the game only ends when the ball goes out of play after the 80 mins is up. Until that time, play continues as normal. You don't hear many complaints about that solution.

Simply put, school teachers have the right idea. You play to the whistle, not the clock on the school wall (scoreboard). Anyone who stops early gets their just desserts.

Johhny Blue

I planned to play back the extra time to see exactly how long the ball was actually in play but haven’t had time yet,
Anyone want to take this on?

fatso

No need to change the rules, just get the ref to add extra time if he thinks teams are taking the piss, it looks like that's exactly what's happened in our first 2 home games.

LilleSkyBlue

Yeah, good point. That thought crossed my mind too. It’s not the first time that’s happened, and it’s not a difficult rule to remember (or enforce), so maybe the advice changed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That emoticon is incredible! As an onlooker I stand impotently by, arms flailing, while a new language develops. How far will it go?

wingy

I planned to play back the extra time to see exactly how long the ball was actually in play but haven’t had time yet,
Anyone want to take this on?
It's Important to remember the goal happened @97-07 , it may be described
as the 98 th but is kind of misleading.

SAJ

Or 52 mins and 7 seconds as the reading commentators were saying
Tbh I don’t care what any of them think. Robins has got them playing right to the end of every half. Forest scored 90+ minutes. Barnsley penalty 90+ minutes. Blackpool 45+ minutes Reading 90+ minutes. If they are so unprofessional they can’t play till the final whistle they all deserve what has happened to them. How many times in the last 50 odd years I’ve seen us conceded at the end of a game. This is the first time I can remember when our fitness is that good we are still sprinting, looking for a goal well past the end of a half, long may it continue.

slowpoke

Tbh I don’t care what any of them think. Robins has got them playing right to the end of every half. Forest scored 90+ minutes. Barnsley penalty 90+ minutes. Blackpool 45+ minutes Reading 90+ minutes. If they are so unprofessional they can’t play till the final whistle they all deserve what has happened to them. How many times in the last 50 odd years I’ve seen us conceded at the end of a game. This is the first time I can remember when our fitness is that good we are still sprinting, looking for a goal well past the end of a half, long may it continue.
But and it needs saying although getting these goals in injury time is great in all these games including Barnsley we should have had sewn up by half time need to start doing that.

Users who are viewing this thread