Ratings v Stoke (1 Viewer)

steve101

A better defence / attack balance I thought.

Wilson 7 (some sloppy moments with his feet but great reaction save first half and distributed well from hands)
Dabo 9 (motm. Didn't give McClean a sniff and danced past players on numerous occasions. Great footwork)
McCallum 7 (did enough defensively but offered little moving forward)
Hyam 7 (very sloppy in parts but equally made a few vital headed interceptions)
McFadzean 8 (caught out for pace on one occasion I can remember but otherwise did well)
Ostigard 7 (struggled to assert himself in the air as he normally does and caught out for Fletcher early chance but otherwise solid)
Sheaf 7 (does most of the role really well but the occasional wayward pass when under no pressure and robbed again from dwelling on the ball)
Hamer 7 (always looking to create quickly and sometimes he looked quality. Other times rushed when there was a better option available)
Allen 8 (involved in most of our attacking play. Some nice interplay with Godden particularly. Worked tirelessly defensively too. Chest control and reverse pass to O'Hare was class)
O'Hare 6 (so many times he chose the wrong option and wasted potential opportunities. As usual work rate was great but feel like a broken record)
Godden 7 (linked very well first half and showed good positioning. Understandably tired second half)

Biamou 7 (2 good low crosses and nice chest layoff)
Bakayoka 6 (almost battled his way to a chance late on)
Shipley 6 (a couple of interceptions)

stupot07

Game or 2 halves. Played well first half but we're dominated for most of the second. I've probably been generous.

Wilson 7
Dabo 7.5 MOTM
Ostigard 7
Mcfadz 7
Hyam 6
McCallum 5.5
Sheaf 6
Hamer 6
Allen 6.5
O'Hare 5
Godden 6

Subs
Biamou 6
Baka 4
Shippers n/a

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

rob9872

Lots of work rate not a lot of quality. Deserved the point. Probably 6s & 7s all round but an extra half for Dabo and Hamer with either fir motm. Would like to see Giles back in at LWB, I like Sam, but a few mistakes again and I think Giles didn't do much wrong before so deserves a little run whilst he has a rest.

SBT

Not a great advert for Championship football, with neither side looking capable of playing anything too sophisticated

Wilson – 5 Looks more likely to cost us points than earn them right now, but apparently MR (and most of the fans) are fine with that so ho hum

Ostigard – 7 Not quite the threat we needed on set pieces, but assured all the same
McFadzean – 7 MOTM Led the team very well against a physical front line
Hyam – 6 Great without the ball, uncharacteristically all over the place with it.

Dabo – 7 Always fun to watch when he's playing like that, tried to win the game single-handedly
Sheaf – 6 A very technically gifted player with apparently no bite or street smarts
Hamer – 7 Not quite as composed as he can be, but the passing range and quality still a cut above
McCallum – 6 Didn't offer enough going forward but had to counteract Dabo I suppose
Allen – 7 A rare and welcome sighting of 19/20 Jamie Allen
O'Hare – 6 He tried so hard, but I'm still waiting for him to run a game. Decision-making still a bit weird.

Godden – 6 Muffed his one decent chance but movement was good as usual

Biamou – 6 Probably should have come on a few minutes earlier
Baka – 5 Didn't offer anything
Shipley - NA

stevefloyd

I thought we had a great 1st half and not so good 2nd.. We had a weak bench today and Robins decided to give the rubbish players a run out for whatever reason which actually fooled Stoke and got us a point...I have no idea why he put Shipley on ..cannot see what that substitution gave us but to Shipleys credit he actually won a tackle then fucked it up again and promptly gave them the ball back!! Baka is not a footballer........

Johhny Blue

Game or 2 halves. Played well first half but we're dominated for most of the second. I've probably been generous.

Wilson 7
Dabo 7.5 MOTM
Ostigard 7
Mcfadz 7
Hyam 6
McCallum 5.5
Sheaf 6
Hamer 6
Allen 6.5
O'Hare 5
Godden 6

Subs
Biamou 6
Baka 4
Shippers n/a

I’m not a big Baka fan but he was better than a 4 today. I think that’s just your reflex Baka score

stupot07

I’m not a big Baka fan but he was better than a 4 today. I think that’s just your reflex Baka score
Maybe it is. I thought he offered nothing, Biamou did hold the ball, and play others in. Happy to know him up to a 5.

Hobo

Not a great advert for Championship football, with neither side looking capable of playing anything too sophisticated

Wilson – 5 Looks more likely to cost us points than earn them right now, but apparently MR (and most of the fans) are fine with that so ho hum

Ostigard – 7 Not quite the threat we needed on set pieces, but assured all the same
Hyam – 6 Great without the ball, uncharacteristically all over the place with it.

Dabo – 7 Always fun to watch when he's playing like that, tried to win the game single-handedly
Sheaf – 6 A very technically gifted player with apparently no bite or street smarts
Hamer – 7 Not quite as composed as he can be, but the passing range and quality still a cut above
McCallum – 6 Didn't offer enough going forward but had to counteract Dabo I suppose
O'Hare – 6 He tried so hard, but I'm still waiting for him to run a game. Decision-making still a bit weird.

Shipley - NA
You are obviously a glass half full man and would very quickly leave a squad void of confidence without offering any hope or solutions.

Sick Boy

Wilson 6
Dabo 7
Ostigard 7
Mcfadz 7
Hyam 6
McCallum 6
Sheaf 7
Hamer 6
Allen 7
O'Hare 6
Godden 6

Subs
Biamou 5
Baka 5
Shippers n/a

Cobi

Wilson - 6
McCallum - 6
Hyam - 6
McFadz - 6
Osti - 6
Dabo - 7
Sheaf - 6
Hamer - 7
Allen - 6.5
O'Hare - 6
Godden - 6.5

Subs: Not bad.

speedie87

Wilson 6 dodgy first half on the ball, as it’s xmas kept him above 5, we’ll blame the pitch
Dabo 7
Ostigard 7
Mcfadzean 7
Hyam 6 goes back far to often as hasn’t got a left foot
McCallum 7
Sheaf 7
Allen 8
Hamer 8
Ohare 6
Godden 6

Johhny Blue

Maybe it is. I thought he offered nothing, Biamou did hold the ball, and play others in. Happy to know him up to a 5.

I think a 5 is more realistic. He does always seem to move into the wrong position. It was good to see him challenge the keeper. That is one thing he did well last season hassle keepers and defenders and cause mistakes in good areas. He’s a big strong lad and needs to throw his weight around a lot more.

The Philosopher

Wilson 7

Seems destined to make one big error and equally one amazing save each match. Couple of poor kicks into touch but all in all did ok.

Dabo 8

Some great play today. He is a quality player who could do a job almost anywhere on the pitch. Some excellent forward running today, good tackling, great interceptions. MOTM for me. Again.

Ostigard 7

Did well. Shows a good turn of pace both going forward and tracking back.

Mcfazdean 7

Solid against their physical players. Did well.

Hyam 7

Made some good interceptions.

McCallum 6

Anonymous for a big part of the game. Not as direct going forward.

Sheaf 6

Some good play and some hospital passes. Some of his passes frighten me more than Covid. Not as frequently caught dwelling in the ball today, which is better.

Hamer 7

All action style and full of thinking. Some things didn’t go to plan but at least he tries. As long as he is in the pitch the opposition have to be on their toes.

Allen 6

One or two good bits of play but this often his final ball is lacking.

O'Hare 6

Same as always: buzzed around a lot. Win the ball-run at defenders-lose the ball. Rinse. Repeat.

Godden 6

Good to have him back. Having Godden, Allen & OHare on and then launching high balls? Not sure if that’s the right tactic.

Subs

Biamou 6

You never know what he’s going to do - I had a sneaky hunch he might nick the winner.

Baka 5

He never knows what he’s going to do.

Shippers n/a

Last edited:

Grendel

A better defence / attack balance I thought.

Wilson 7 (some sloppy moments with his feet but great reaction save first half and distributed well from hands)
Dabo 9 (motm. Didn't give McClean a sniff and danced past players on numerous occasions. Great footwork)
McCallum 7 (did enough defensively but offered little moving forward)
Hyam 7 (very sloppy in parts but equally made a few vital headed interceptions)
McFadzean 8 (caught out for pace on one occasion I can remember but otherwise did well)
Ostigard 7 (struggled to assert himself in the air as he normally does and caught out for Fletcher early chance but otherwise solid)
Sheaf 7 (does most of the role really well but the occasional wayward pass when under no pressure and robbed again from dwelling on the ball)
Hamer 7 (always looking to create quickly and sometimes he looked quality. Other times rushed when there was a better option available)
Allen 8 (involved in most of our attacking play. Some nice interplay with Godden particularly. Worked tirelessly defensively too. Chest control and reverse pass to O'Hare was class)
O'Hare 6 (so many times he chose the wrong option and wasted potential opportunities. As usual work rate was great but feel like a broken record)
Godden 7 (linked very well first half and showed good positioning. Understandably tired second half)

Biamou 7 (2 good low crosses and nice chest layoff)
Bakayoka 6 (almost battled his way to a chance late on)
Shipley 6 (a couple of interceptions)

Biamou sane rating as Godden - cool story

Offhegoes

Biamou looked dangerous when he came in. Would like to see him and Godden in a 2.
Allen or Dabo MOM.
Playing 1 upfront at home (and therefore lots of 0-0’s) is a dangerous tactic, as we’re not great away from home. Can’t see us getting more than a point from Preston and Millwall.

Frostie

Wilson 6
Dabo 7.5
Østigård 6.5
McFadz 7
Hyam 6.5
McCallum 6
Sheaf 7.5
Hamer 6.5
Allen 7.5
O'Hare 5.5
Godden 7

Biamou 6
Baka 6
Shipley N/A

Grendel

Biamou looked dangerous when he came in. Would like to see him and Godden in a 2.
Allen or Dabo MOM.
Playing 1 upfront at home (and therefore lots of 0-0’s) is a dangerous tactic, as we’re not great away from home. Can’t see us getting more than a point from Preston and Millwall.

Biamou in what way looked dangerous?

shepardo01

Shipley - NA
Stopped reading at "Wilson 5"!

Grendel

Jeez give it up dude. Direct your pent up frustrations elsewhere.

It's embarrassing.

Didnt you give give an 8 for a 3 minute cameo the other week? I give honest assessments not really stupid overblown appraisals which are greater than overblown hyperbole when compared to other players

Are you the guy off Twitter who said he could not think of one player whose made more of a contribution to the club than biamou in the last 20 years?

Londonccfcfan

Didnt you give give an 8 for a 3 minute cameo the other week? I give honest assessments not really stupid overblown appraisals which are greater than overblown hyperbole when compared to other players

Are you the guy off Twitter who said he could not think of one player whose made more of a contribution to the club than biamou in the last 20 years?

It's taken u 2 weeks to bite wow you do remember that rating which was reserved just for you. I'm honoured.

You really do need to get a life.

Grendel

Grendel

It's taken u 2 weeks to bite wow you do remember that rating which was reserved just for you. I'm honoured.

You really do need to get a life.

I need to get a life But you did a rating just for me

Makes sense

DannyThomas_1981

Hasnt the blow up doll arrived yet? It’s got the full beard look and talks dirty in a french accent
Jesus Christ man. You’ve already been asked by others to stop embarrassing yourself today. I will ask the same. Just for once spare us your pathetic nonsense, turn off the laptop and spend some quality time with your family - ideally not acting like a fucking moronic 5 year old as per your comments above.

Grendel

Jesus Christ man. You’ve already been asked by others to stop embarrassing yourself today. I will ask the same. Just for once spare us your pathetic nonsense, turn off the laptop and spend some quality time with your family - ideally not acting like a fucking moronic 5 year old as per your comments above.

If you were next to him he’d score more times than Harry Kane

Cov kid 55

I may be wrong here, but the impression I get is that you rarely comment on players, apart from Biamou, where you’re constantly looking to snipe. It’s a bit tiresome......

Grendel

I may be wrong here, but the impression I get is that you rarely comment on players, apart from Biamou, where you’re constantly looking to snipe. It’s a bit tiresome......

Correct you are wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread