Ratings v Rovers (2 Viewers)

clint van damme

I've got to agree with Sickboy on this. They are both back up strikers in this league. Having watched Walker, I'm concerned he cannot play as a lone striker. For me we need to be constantly looking to improve and that's why we need to bring someone in who is better than both of them, they then need to raise their games.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I agree with this, I've said before jury is out on the pair of them as far a I'm concerned though I accept that injury/illness has hampered their season.
I do think they'll be a player or two who kick on next season having the experience of this season under their belt, hopefully it applies to one or both of these pair.

NorthernWisdom

I've got to agree with Sickboy on this. They are both back up strikers in this league. Having watched Walker, I'm concerned he cannot play as a lone striker. For me we need to be constantly looking to improve and that's why we need to bring someone in who is better than both of them, they then need to raise their games.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
My only concern with Walker is we'll do similar to JCH, and try and turn him into the type of striker he isn't. In terms of a player who'll get us goals however, he's there.

Covcraig@bury

Potentially the stupidest post I’ve ever read on this forum.

Stealing a living? 😂😂😂
Really?
The league doesn’t lie .
Apparently he’s our target man.1st choice Centre forward .
So when/if relegated through lack of goals who’s fault on the pitch is it ?
Because the service is there but Walker isn’t.
If he worked for you would you be happy to pay him for a job NOT done ? Im dam sure he would be gone in my company.

Grendel

Really?
The league doesn’t lie .
Apparently he’s our target man.1st choice Centre forward .
So when/if relegated through lack of goals who’s fault on the pitch is it ?
Because the service is there but Walker isn’t.
If he worked for you would you be happy to pay him for a job NOT done ? Im dam sure he would be gone in my company.

Walker is scoring virtually a goal every other game you cretin

pusbccfc

By that argument a special thanks to Russell Slade for getting the club to its first Wembley Final in 30 plus years

Completely different. One is the checkatrade trophy, the other is two promotion. One of those out of a league we failed to get out of 7/8 times.

Grendel

Completely different. One is the checkatrade trophy, the other is two promotion. One of those out of a league we failed to get out of 7/8 times.

I guess then we should also thank Julian Darby for his Sterling efforts in keeping the club in the top flight against all the odds and Don Mackay truly deserves legend status

Covcraig@bury

Walker is scoring virtually a goal every other game you cretin
Looking good then isn’t it. Hope your happy with where we are . He’s doing a great job . I am surprised no one come in for him in the January window . I am even more surprised His previous club let him go because he’s that fucking good !

Grendel

Looking good then isn’t it. Hope your happy with where we are . He’s doing a great job . I am surprised no one come in for him in the January window . I am even more surprised His previous club let him go because he’s that fucking good !

Dion Dublin was clearly shit as his previous club let him go.

Covcraig@bury

Dion Dublin was clearly shit as his previous club let him go.
He broke his leg and was out for a long time . He was only ever going to be a fringe player a United and he knew that , so when the opportunity came and we was desperate we got a class player from a massive club .
Now that’s a centre forward and also one who could play centre half . He always covered and chased back . Totally class

SeaSeeEffCee

He's been out injured for half the season in case you hadn't realised, genius. Struggle to see how anyone could watch us this season and think Walker is the big problem with the team.

Grendel

He broke his leg and was out for a long time . He was only ever going to be a fringe player a United and he knew that , so when the opportunity came and we was desperate we got a class player from a massive club .
Now that’s a centre forward and also one who could play centre half . He always covered and chased back . Totally class

Was Mick Quinn shit when Newcastle let him go?

procdoc

I think you’re the thickest fucker I’ve ever seen post on this forum

Grendel

He's been out injured for half the season in case you hadn't realised, genius. Struggle to see how anyone could watch us this season and think Walker is the big problem with the team.

Walker has played what thirteen fourteen games and has scored 6 goals and averages a goal every 2.3 games and has made two assists and could have been three with the offside goal yesterday - there is no argument to support any claim he’s not delivering what he’s paid to do

DannyThomas_1981

I always used to enjoy reading the Ratings after games.

Comparing how we looked at individual performances and having some informed debates as to who was good/had a poor game for various reasons/who was improving.

These days honestly it's a thread I'm starting to avoid. The usual suspects appear after every game simply to back up their prejudices against certain players (totally blind to what that player has done on the pitch on the day), put the boot in and for the 1,000th week in succession demand the removal of certain players from the club.

It's got to the point where the rest of us are ridiculed for acknowledging that one of our players had a decent game.

It's pretty depressing reading the same negative nonsense week after week against certain players to be honest and doesn't say much for some on here.

pusbccfc

I guess then we should also thank Julian Darby for his Sterling efforts in keeping the club in the top flight against all the odds and Don Mackay truly deserves legend status

In modern times, post Premier League, do we have any 'legends' and if not, who is the closest to it?

Grendel

I always used to enjoy reading the Ratings after games.

Comparing how we looked at individual performances and having some informed debates as to who was good/had a poor game for various reasons/who was improving.

These days honestly it's a thread I'm starting to avoid. The usual suspects appear after every game simply to back up their prejudices against certain players (totally blind to what that player has done on the pitch on the day), put the boot in and for the 1,000th week in succession demand the removal of certain players from the club.

It's got to the point where the rest of us are ridiculed for acknowledging that one of our players had a decent game.

It's pretty depressing reading the same negative nonsense week after week against certain players to be honest and doesn't say much for some on here.

I agree - the slaughter of Tyler Walker given he created the goal and has won us three points against Brentford is a disgrace

I’m glad we agree

Grendel

In modern times, post Premier League, do we have any 'legends' and if not, who is the closest to it?

Well Callum Wilson for one I’d think

TomRad85

Well Callum Wilson for one I’d think
What is it that makes a legend though? Wilson vs say McNulty... No contest when it comes to who is the better player, but who did more to help us back to where we are now from when we were at our lowest ebb.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Grendel

Oh and Danny if you try to avoid them why like a post less than two hours after the end of the game you fucking drama queen

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I agree - the slaughter of Tyler Walker given he created the goal and has won us three points against Brentford is a disgrace

I’m glad we agree

The way a player has been slagged off is a disgrace? Mate, look at what you have been saying about Biamou.

Walker has got criticism because apart from a little header (where James still has a lot to do), he was extremely poor all game.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I’m glad we agree

Apart from one poster who's slaughtering Walker? The point is if he's not involved around getting chances he does very little else - that's accurate. He's not going to challenge for the ball or help keep hold of it to allow support to build an attack. He's a predator whose instinct is to score goals, which is fine is you accept that and play towards that strength. To do that requires a second striker to do his share of the tracking and chasing rather than scoring.

Same instinct Ponticelli had who you lambasted frequently for not doing enough even though his gpm was good and for a lot of his appearances was getting 5-10 mins. If you judged Tyler Walker on random 5-10 minute spells for most of them he'd look shit. If you played Walker up front on his own as Ponticelli often did he'd be bloody awful for 95% of the time.

If we were still playing one up front neither Walker or Biamou would impress most of the time. Biamou wouldn't have the ability to finish most the chances, Walker wouldn't be able to keep the ball and would spend most of the game ambling about up front while the opposition just collected the ball and put us back under pressure. As a two they compliment each others skillset somewhat and that works in Walker's favour more because he does the easily quantifiable and headline grabbing stuff.

One person who you slaughter constantly even when it's not really deserved is Biamou. You talk about Walker created the goal Saturday and also that he won us the points against Brentford. Yet you totally fail to acknowledge the role Biamou played in giving him that opportunity to win us the points by winning the penalty and by chasing the goal kick that lead to Walker's second. Without both of those contributions how many goals does Walker score against Brentford?

So if you're going to excuse Walker's lack of tracking back etc. because he has a natural eye for goal you also have to somewhat excuse Biamou's lack of natural goalscoring ability because of his effort for the team overall. Same reason why we don't have a go at Kelly for not driving on with the ball like O'hare does or vice versa have a go at O'Hare for failing to break up opposition attacks or make interceptions. They do what they're good at and their roles makes the team cohesive.

But the fact is you have players you like and those you dont and will look to excuse anything the former does while endlessly criticising the latter.

DannyThomas_1981

Apart from one poster who's slaughtering Walker? The point is if he's not involved around getting chances he does very little else - that's accurate. He's not going to challenge for the ball or help keep hold of it to allow support to build an attack. He's a predator whose instinct is to score goals, which is fine is you accept that and play towards that strength. To do that requires a second striker to do his share of the tracking and chasing rather than scoring.

Same instinct Ponticelli had who you lambasted frequently for not doing enough even though his gpm was good and for a lot of his appearances was getting 5-10 mins. If you judged Tyler Walker on random 5-10 minute spells for most of them he'd look shit. If you played Walker up front on his own as Ponticelli often did he'd be bloody awful for 95% of the time.

If we were still playing one up front neither Walker or Biamou would impress most of the time. Biamou wouldn't have the ability to finish most the chances, Walker wouldn't be able to keep the ball and would spend most of the game ambling about up front while the opposition just collected the ball and put us back under pressure. As a two they compliment each others skillset somewhat and that works in Walker's favour more because he does the easily quantifiable and headline grabbing stuff.

One person who you slaughter constantly even when it's not really deserved is Biamou. You talk about Walker created the goal Saturday and also that he won us the points against Brentford. Yet you totally fail to acknowledge the role Biamou played in giving him that opportunity to win us the points by winning the penalty and by chasing the goal kick that lead to Walker's second. Without both of those contributions how many goals does Walker score against Brentford?

So if you're going to excuse Walker's lack of tracking back etc. because he has a natural eye for goal you also have to somewhat excuse Biamou's lack of natural goalscoring ability because of his effort for the team overall. Same reason why we don't have a go at Kelly for not driving on with the ball like O'hare does or vice versa have a go at O'Hare for failing to break up opposition attacks or make interceptions. They do what they're good at and their roles makes the team cohesive.

But the fact is you have players you like and those you dont and will look to excuse anything the former does while endlessly criticising the latter.

Fantastic post and spot on.

Grendel

Fantastic post and spot on.

It’s not spot on at all

I’ve never slaughtered Ponticelli only those idiots like Dongle and that American Lunatic who wanted to play him with no evidence he’s any good

Biamou still has to my knowledge one credited assist - one less than a player who apparently offeres Nothing

Walker has had significant criticism on here not just by one poster so that’s nonsense again

This of course is the same poster who yesterday claimed Micky Quinn stopped scoring when that other hyped up non goal scorer left the club - Rosario - not factually accurate either

So no it’s rubbish

Torquay Sky Blue

Walker has been poor in our last two games. Slow to react and marked out of both games. Anyone who can't see that is deluded. We're saddled with 4 bad strikers currenty punching at this level and he's definitely one of them.

DannyThomas_1981

It’s not spot on at all

I’ve never slaughtered Ponticelli only those idiots like Dongle and that American Lunatic who wanted to play him with no evidence he’s any good

Biamou still has to my knowledge one credited assist - one less than a player who apparently offeres Nothing

Walker has had significant criticism on here not just by one poster so that’s nonsense again

This of course is the same poster who yesterday claimed Micky Quinn stopped scoring when that other hyped up non goal scorer left the club - Rosario - not factually accurate either

So no it’s rubbish

The problem is that you clearly have many opinions but unfortunately you don't have even a remote understanding of football and the dynamics in a team.

And like a struggling alcoholic you veer from one week to another in complete denial. You watch a game and whatever you see in front of you - you are already lining up derisive and critical remarks against players you have a bias against. Your agenda is clear. You want the player to fail to prove yourself right. As you clearly want our manager to fail to prove yourself right.

Your denial is that you do not have a bias or agenda against players or the manager - of course to everyone else your bias is 100% clear but as always the drunk just can't see that he has a drinking problem as he again walks through the bar room doors and three drinks in starts speaking the same old uniformed nonsense. Time and time again. Week after week. In the old days it was easy to ignore the drunken uninformed clown in the corner - unfortunately you have a platform on here for the nonsense.

Grendel

The problem is that you clearly have many opinions but unfortunately you don't have even a remote understanding of football and the dynamics in a team.

And like a struggling alcoholic you veer from one week to another in complete denial. You watch a game and whatever you see in front of you - you are already lining up derisive and critical remarks against players you have a bias against. Your agenda is clear. You want the player to fail to prove yourself right. As you clearly want our manager to fail to prove yourself right.

Your denial is that you do not have a bias or agenda against players or the manager - of course to everyone else your bias is 100% clear but as always the drunk just can't see that he has a drinking problem as he again walks through the bar room doors and three drinks in starts speaking the same old uniformed nonsense. Time and time again. Week after week. In the old days it was easy to ignore the drunken uninformed clown in the corner - unfortunately you have a platform on here for the nonsense.

It seems Danny you are really talking about yourself

Grendel

Walker has been poor in our last two games. Slow to react and marked out of both games. Anyone who can't see that is deluded. We're saddled with 4 bad strikers currenty punching at this level and he's definitely one of them.

“no one criticises Walker”

DannyThomas_1981

It seems Danny you are really talking about yourself

I get it and see your point. We are all biased one way or the other. I'm just on the side of supporting the lads on the pitch and trying to be constructive in any criticism. The rush to have a boo boy or victim after every game - just seems totally counter productive to me.

Gyo for example is the latest to be written off on the basis of a sub appearance and a couple of moments in a game that is very dynamic with many moving parts.

Grendel

I get it and see your point. We are all biased one way or the other. I'm just on the side of supporting the lads on the pitch and trying to be constructive in any criticism. The rush to have a boo boy or victim after every game - just seems totally counter productive to me.

Gyo for example is the latest to be written off on the basis of a sub appearance and a couple of moments in a game that is very dynamic with many moving parts.

Not really you ignore tirades of abuse at players and only react when biamou gets it in the neck and also fail to balance it with the absurd hyperbole aimed in his direction

Gibbo

The result has a bearing on the ratings, always.

I think there were several players below par today and for me the team selection was wrong.

Shipley should never be playing. Walker was absolutely terrible but because he isn't Baka or Biamou people have the blinkers on.

Hyam awful. Ostigard was great, but let himself down with some awful discipline.

Today was another game I think we have come away with less points than we are capable of.
I love a bit of blunt realsim

Users who are viewing this thread