Ratings v Reading (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Moore - 7 couple of lovely catches and a smart save
Dacosta - 6 nowhere near as bad as Grendel and his naysayers especially second half
Dabo - 7.5 I know he gave the penalty away but out of position he was good coming out from the back. Then when out wide he was excellent
Sheaf - 8 good in the middle but at the back for 60 he was magnificent really bloomin brilliant
Mcfadzean - 8 excellent not least being in the refs ear about reading time wasting
Hyam (thanks shmmee) - 8 second half was his best half I’ve seen him play for us on the ball.
Maatsen - 7.5 what an engine. He is improving game by game and he really is part of the group!
Hamer - 7 he’s got a mistake in him that puts us in trouble but his corners and some of his passing is clearly a higher level
Ohare - 7.5 the best thing wasn’t his all round brilliance but 3 times he was the player chasing back when we caught on the counter
Waghorn - 6 more energy but I’m not sure yet what his role is
Gyojeres - 7.5 I don’t quite understand how his touch has improved so much or his dribbling and his chest pass for Allen’s goal was so so good

Subs

Allen - 7 excellent goal. The foul on him in added time was such a bizzarre decision by the ref
Godden - 7 looked fit and what a finish

Robins - 8

He always finds a way. Would have had two reasons for the defeat or draw rose and Clark salter but he didn’t whinge he just makes his players tick

Last edited:

Evo1883

Dacosta - 6 nowhere near as bad as Grendel and his naysayers especially second half
Dabo - 7.5 I know he gave the penalty away but out of position he was good coming out from the back. Then when out wide he was excellent
Sheaf - 8 good in the middle but at the back for 60 he was magnificent really bloomin brilliant
Mcfadzean - 8 excellent not least being in the refs ear about reading time wasting
Maatsen - 7.5 what an engine. He is improving game by game and he really is part of the group!
Hamer - 7 he’s got a mistake in him that puts us in trouble but his corners and some of his passing is clearly a higher level
Ohare - 7.5 the best thing wasn’t his all round brilliance but 3 times he was the player chasing back when we caught on the counter
Gyojeres - 7.5 I don’t quite understand how his touch has improved so much or his dribbling and his chest pass for Allen’s goal was so so good

Subs

Allen - 7 excellent goal. The foul on him in added time was such a bizzarre decision by the ref

Robins - 8

He always finds a way. Would have had two reasons for the defeat or draw rose and Clark salter but he didn’t whinge he just makes his players tick
Good ratings Pete

Grendel

Robins found a way by doing exactly what I and many others said - get Dacosta out the team

your slavish worshipping of Boddy and co does you no favours

Grendel

Worshipping of boddy and who????

Lol - you said move sheaf back and one up top. Bollox

You said why question Robins - I said I’d have played Allen

Da Costa is tripe.

rob9872

Hyam (thanks shmmee) - 8 second half was his best half I’ve seen him play for us on the ball.

Subs

Robins - 8

Agree with all the comments but with my sky blue tinted glasses, I'd raise everyone by a point.

Offhegoes

Moore 7
McFadz 8
Hyam 8 - Excellent today against the team who released him
Dabo 7 - Not a centre back, but his cross led to equaliser. Pask and Drysdale must be finished here not to make the team today
Da Costa 6
Maartsen 7
Hamer 7
Sheaf 8
O’Hare 7
Gyk 7
Waghorn 6 - He doesn’t look fit to me
Godden 8 - Best striker at the club
Allen 8 - Unlucky not to start

steve101

Subs

Robins - 8

Pretty much agree. Sheaf was excellent bringing the ball out of defence when he dropped deeper. I would give a higher score to Hamer and Allen. Hamer gave a poor pass which lead to their penalty but some of his passing was sublime. Allen was electric. Pretty much his first two touches was belting in a half-volley into the top corner and then picking out Godden with a cute pass.

rob9872

In fairness to G I think Robins got it wrong too today and I often find myself questioning some of his decisions, but as I said at the ground to someone today before the game, I think he's a very lucky manager who seems to find a way and I'd rather be lucky than good everytime.

procdoc

In fairness to G I think Robins got it wrong too today and I often find myself questioning some of his decisions, but as I said at the ground to someone today before the game, I think he's a very lucky manager who seems to find a way and I'd rather be lucky than good everytime.
You don’t get two promotions, stay up fairly convincingly and then get 9 points from 12 at the start of the next season based on luck.

Sky Blue Pete

We’ve won both games though so it’s a bit rich to say he got the team wrong

usskyblue

Robins found a way by doing exactly what I and many others said - get Dacosta out the team

your slavish worshipping of Boddy and co does you no favours

200.gif

Graham Withey
Mark Robins
Max Biamou
Mark Robins
Baka
Dacosta
Mark Robins
Boddy
Milk
Microwave meal for one

rob9872

You don’t get two promotions, stay up fairly convincingly and then get 9 points from 12 at the start of the next season based on luck.
Absolutely, agree with that, but nothing wrong with being lucky. Not a criticism as I said he finds a way. You could even argue there was luck in promotions however. Crept into 6th in L2 and had some luck in both semis v NC, then a season curtailed by covid for the second promotion. I think we'd have won that league, but no guarantee and we'll of course take it. Even the maligned Slade got him to his first Wembley victory. None of this is to demean his achievements and I hope he goes on being 'lucky for him and us.

shmmeee

Absolutely, agree with that, but nothing wrong with being lucky. Not a criticism as I said he finds a way. You could even argue there was luck in promotions however. Crept into 6th in L2 and had some luck in both semis v NC, then a season curtailed by covid for the second promotion. I think we'd have won that league, but no guarantee and we'll of course take it. Even the maligned Slade got him to his first Wembley victory. None of this is to demean his achievements and I hope he goes on being 'lucky for him and us.

Slade didn’t get him his Wembley victory though. No guarantee we’d win. Robins is a big game manager and more often than not delivers. Nothing lucky about the last three years. Lucky would be having your best defender, best wingback and two best strikers not injured during your first season in the Championship.

Evo1883

He's had some luck over the course of 4 years the lucky fucker 🙄

SAJ

Good managers are lucky. They create their own luck. How many times did an Alex Ferguson team score in the last 5 minutes, it isn’t luck it’s generally because they are good at it and seed things others don’t.

steve101

Sorry if I have missed this, but does anyone know why Rose and Clarke-Salter were missing? Thought Sheaf gives us an extra option now. Hopefully Dabo will no longer need to cover the RCB role again. Such a better team when he is playing wingback.

Sky Blue Pete

Sorry if I have missed this, but does anyone know why Rose and Clarke-Salter were missing? Thought Sheaf gives us an extra option now. Hopefully Dabo will no longer need to cover the RCB role again. Such a better team when he is playing wingback.
Rose groin yesterday not serious
Jcs precautionary today should be fine

Harry_Walker

Moore- 7.5 brilliant composed keeper
Dacosta- 6 had the freedom of the right hand side but always seemed scared to go forward. Very frustrating player as he looks like he has a bailout but just doesn’t use it
Dabo- 7 similar to the Forest game pretty poor at centre half but fantastic in his usual wing back position
Fadz- 7.5 phenomenal at the back as usual
Hyam- 7.5 very good especially being on a yellow since the 5th minute
Maatsen- 7 best game for us today, some quality balls into the box and some very good defensive work
Hamer- 7 very solid performance in there
Sheaf- 9 amazing throughout even when dropping in at centre half. Best game in a City shirt
O’Hare- 7 his usual quality self, would be top 5 players in the league if he had end product
Waghorn- 6 really not convinced on him as of yet
Gyokeres- 6.5 decent game but certainly not his best

Allen- 7.5 been fantastic when called upon this season. Great strike for his goal
Godden- 7.5 great composure for the winner on his weaker side

ccfc1234

Moore 7 - looked composed not too much to do thankfully.
McFadz 8 - superb organising the defence helped Sheaf adjust to the role.
Hyam 8 - was worried after the early booking held it together well.
Dabo 7.5 - Not yet good enough at RCB to be our Kyle Walker the differance when he went to RWB on the team was noticeable.
Da Costa 6 can fill in but would be worried if we had to rely on him
Maartsen 8 excellent and I hope one of those left foot shots takes the back of the net off! Some good crossing.
Hamer 7.5 - sometimes his Hollywood passes are too low percentage wise but his overall game is improving. Looks less reckless in the tackle too.
Sheaf 8 Some misplaced passes in the first half that resulted in counter attacks but his energy and willingness to get on the ball and force the play is excellent this season. Kelly might not be able to match the tempo and athleticism Sheaf provides the team.
O’Hare 7 One of his quieter games but looked a threat throughout
Gyk 7 has improved so much and looks powerful.
Waghorn 6 - worrying for him how much better we looked with Godden on.
Godden 8 - welcome back cool finish
Allen 8 - looks like he has improved and is liking the tempo the team is playing with.

Users who are viewing this thread