Ratings v Reading (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Despite this we completely dominated the game and had we been more ruthless we would have been out of sight. Why can’t you admit we performed well and deserved the win?
Doesn’t fit his narrative

Grendel

Despite this we completely dominated the game and had we been more ruthless we would have been out of sight. Why can’t you admit we performed well and deserved the win?

I don’t think we’d have won without the subs - Allen should have played at the start and Da Costa is never good enough and playing Dabo out of position again was a recipe for failure.

Waghorn on paper looked an ok signing but he looks like he may be an expensive dud

SBT

I think both arguments can be true at the same time in this case.

procdoc

I don’t think we’d have won without the subs - Allen should have played at the start and Da Costa is never good enough and playing Dabo out of position again was a recipe for failure.

Waghorn on paper looked an ok signing but he looks like he may be an expensive dud
Most teams make subs to try and change games. That’s literally the whole purpose of having subs. Had we not hit the woodwork and had O’Hare had more composure we would have been 2-0 up before they even got the penalty.
I agree about Dacosta, he wasn’t as bad yesterday but he shouldn’t be near the squad let alone the team. I never want to see Dabo at centre half again.
Waghorn will come good I think but I am slightly concerned by his lack of dynamism

SkyBlue_Bear83

All teams get good luck and bad luck over time, it evens itself out. Good teams take advantage of their luck, where as poor or average team don't.

Sure we got some lucky breaks against Notts county in the play offs but it wasn't luck that we blew them off the park after this 'luck' and it wasn't luck that we thrashed Exeter in the final.

Maybe we got lucky in the championship winning season that the season ended early but it wasn't luck that we were 5 points clear with a game in hand and only lost three games all season, if we were lucky does that mean the other 23 teams were 'unlucky' because they didn't win the title that season? Or were we just better than them up to that point?

Any of the other 23 teams could have been 'lucky' that season if they had been ahead of us when the season had stopped.

Littlewood CCFC

So to take your point all the times it went against us we were unlucky and all the times it didn't luck wasn't involved, but my point makes zero sense err ok!

Robins has done an amazing job, I've acknowledged that and agree. I don't see why it's so hard to comprehend that we've had some luck along the way which as you point out we've not had in other eras. All I've actually said is it's nice to get that luck for a change and he seems therefore to be a manager who has luck- that's not a criticism, it's actually a good thing but my posts are being pulled apart as if I've suggested phoning 555555

Well you're the same guy who thinks Shipleys a top player so I'm not surprised people are pulling your posts apart 🤪

rob9872

Well you're the same guy who thinks Shipleys a top player so I'm not surprised people are pulling your posts apart 🤪
Wondered how many posts it would take you to mention that, but as you're presumably the same Littlewood who blows smoke up DMC's arse despite his platform having come from being a twat to our players, but as they say each to their own.... 🤪

I'd also add that I've never said he's a top player, I just defend him, as I do the rest our team, when cunts like you think it's fair game to have a personal pop at some of them. You don't rate someone that's fine, but some of the bile and hatred that some get over others is horrendous and I'll defend all of them whilst they wear sky blue as I did with Burge and others before him.

Littlewood CCFC

Wondered how many posts it would take you to mention that, but as you're presumably the same Littlewood who blows smoke up DMC's arse despite his platform having come from being a twat to our players, but as they say each to their own.... 🤪

I'd also add that I've never said he's a top player, I just defend him, as I do the rest our team, when cunts like you think it's fair game to have a personal pop at some of them. You don't rate someone that's fine, but some of the bile and hatred that some get over others is horrendous and I'll defend all of them whilst they wear sky blue as I did with Burge and others before him.

I Don't know who DMC is sorry

I think you're a little emotional, everyone has an opinion and we are entitled as paying supporters to criticise professional footballers if they are not up to it! I can have a debate about any player in the squad but shipley is barely leauge 2 standard he's that bad (in my opinion) it's just weird how you get so offended about it, never mind let's just enjoy the current team and what Mark Robins is doing👍

procdoc

I Don't know who DMC is sorry

I think you're a little emotional, everyone has an opinion and we are entitled as paying supporters to criticise professional footballers if they are not up to it! I can have a debate about any player in the squad but shipley is barely leauge 2 standard he's that bad (in my opinion) it's just weird how you get so offended about it, never mind let's just enjoy the current team and what Mark Robins is doing👍
Considering Shipley played an integral part in a league one title winning team I’d say he’s above league two standard. That’s not an opinion that’s a fact as the proof is in the pudding

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Moore - 7 Competent, reassuring, unspectacular but... that's a good thing.
Dacosta - 6 One of his better games! Stayed in position, offered an outlet.
Dabo - 7 Difficult to mark. Poor as CB but it's not his position. Excellent in his position. Regardless of whether DaCosta did well or not, the main issue is moving Dabo to CB and taking him away from what he's good at.
McFadzean - 7.5 Didn't really notice him, so must be good, especially ref: what I said about Moore.
Hyam 7.5 Ditto to McFadzean
Sheaf - 9 Always looking to put us on the front foot with some progressive passes. When in defence did the same. I thought he was shaky when asked to defend as a defender, but that wasn't often and, much like Dabo, that's not his position. Unlike Dabo, he was still able to influence the game in an offensive sense.
Hamer - 8 Energetic, looked to get us moving, good set pieces, and I even saw him play a simple pass or two!
Ohare - 6 (Takes cover) buzzing around, but little end product. nice shot, fluffed the rebound. It was Sheaf and Hamer driving us forward.
Waghorn - 5 anonymous
Gyojeres - 7 Another hard to mark. Held the play up well, brought players into the game. If he can learn some kind of cutting edge then we have a signing and a half

Subs

Allen - 7 excellent goal. Good goal, energetic. Not as good overall as vs Blackpool, but did what he was supposed to
Godden - 7 Mainly for the goal, which is what he's paid to do. Up to that stage not much, but who cares?

Pretty much as i'd score it except O'Hare who i'd have given a 7. I almost felt bad for DaCosta having to come off just as he seemed to be hitting form but it was undoubtedly the right decision

shmmeee

I'm not sure if I not explaining myself or if nobody is getting the point I making. I've not said Robins isn't any good. We're allowed to question decisions and disagree without calling for a taxi.

All I'm trying to say is if as a few examples we didn't get that pen v NC or the offside called in the second leg, if covid doesn't happen, if both subs today weren't quite as effective, if the ref blows before Godden scores today if, if, if. None of those are things he can control, none would have been his fault, but they could have happened. Thankfully they didn't, but fine margins and Thankfully we have someone who seems to fall on the right side of those fine margins and long may it continue.

If Györkeres had scored his pen, if Dabos hadn’t been given, I’d we hadn’t had both our strikers injured for most of last season. We hit the woodwork some ridiculous amount last season, if all those had gone in. If we had got JCS in earlier, if we hadn’t lost Rose and him last minute before the game. It works both ways and averages out over a season.

rob9872

If Györkeres had scored his pen, if Dabos hadn’t been given, I’d we hadn’t had both our strikers injured for most of last season. We hit the woodwork some ridiculous amount last season, if all those had gone in. If we had got JCS in earlier, if we hadn’t lost Rose and him last minute before the game. It works both ways and averages out over a season.
I get what you're saying, but the only one of those that affected anything though was the Gyorkeres pen. Dabos we still won, same with if our strikers were fit etc we would never have got promoted last season, had we not had them and been relegated it would have mattered more. I can't believe I'm still on here if I'm honest it's almost like I've said he's a bad manager, but I don't think that, I do believe in the big moments we've had it go our way when it mattered and as I said higher up that's good, I want to be lucky but it seems I'm alone and everyone else has it as 100% skill so if I have it wrong, it's just an opinion but I'll give up repeating it from here on.

Kilclines curly mullet

Considering Shipley played an integral part in a league one title winning team I’d say he’s above league two standard. That’s not an opinion that’s a fact as the proof is in the pudding
I’d argue that Shipley didn’t play much in the final weeks of the title winning season. The lad gives his all but has been left behind with better players being bought in. Sell / loan to league 1.

shmmeee

I get what you're saying, but the only one of those that affected anything though was the Gyorkeres pen. Dabos we still won, same with if our strikers were fit etc we would never have got promoted last season, had we not had them and been relegated it would have mattered more. I can't believe I'm still on here if I'm honest it's almost like I've said he's a bad manager, but I don't think that, I do believe in the big moments we've had it go our way when it mattered and as I said higher up that's good, I want to be lucky but it seems I'm alone and everyone else has it as 100% skill so if I have it wrong, it's just an opinion but I'll give up repeating it from here on.

I just think he’s had as much bad as good luck TBH and it stops being luck when it happens continuously. Like the old form is temporary class is permanent thing.

I get what you’re saying, but I think any club who has had success could point to something similar. In reality you get lucky when you train and prepare well and know what you’re doing IMO.

Nick

Administrator
Integral? He was hardly first name on the team sheet.

fatso

Most teams make subs to try and change games. That’s literally the whole purpose of having subs. Had we not hit the woodwork and had O’Hare had more composure we would have been 2-0 up before they even got the penalty.
I agree about Dacosta, he wasn’t as bad yesterday but he shouldn’t be near the squad let alone the team. I never want to see Dabo at centre half again.
Waghorn will come good I think but I am slightly concerned by his lack of dynamism
If Waghorn ain't dynamic enough now at 31 years of age, when the fuck is he going to be ?
A weird signing for me, like Kastaneer, Jobello, Hilsner and Bosma.
Its kind of fucked up when our 4th choice striker is the highest paid squad member.

rob9872

he must be really thankful at how lucky he’s been having no home ground for 2 years
Season 1 promoted
Season 2 better sharing with football than rugby if no fans

Not only is it a job to him, not a supporter, but remember why we were there, it wasn't the supporters fault, the manager or the players. Arguably not the owners either, but not getting into that on here, certainly not an unlucky factor though.

rob9872

You could even argue it galvanised them with a siege mentality and had we not gone there we might not have gone up. The perfect storm if you like, but we'll never know either way.

ccfc1234

If Waghorn ain't dynamic enough now at 31 years of age, when the fuck is he going to be ?
A weird signing for me, like Kastaneer, Jobello, Hilsner and Bosma.
Its kind of fucked up when our 4th choice striker is the highest paid squad member.
Do we know that? If so he is either unfit or his best days are behind him.

Surely we scouted him in person last season? If we had we would know he was way below his best.

Grendel

he must be really thankful at how lucky he’s been having no home ground for 2 years

Well his most successful years have been with no ground

fatso

Do we know that? If so he is either unfit or his best days are behind him.

Surely we scouted him in person last season? If we had we would know he was way below his best.
I'm hoping he's just unfit. He certainly looked good enough in Derby's last game of the season when he got man of the match and kept them up, but so far (very early days yet) he looks off the pace.
And with Godden back in contention, and Walker's injury not looking as bad as we feared, I'm wondering if Waghorn is going to miss out.

Liquid Gold

Disagree. The most under rated player at the club is McFadz.
Sorry Sheaf is the most underrated player at the club by a mile. Loads of people actively dislike the guy and he's so important to how we play.

It's no confidence Hamer looked lost next to Kelly and James but now is back to his best with Sheaf.

ccfc1234

I'm hoping he's just unfit. He certainly looked good enough in Derby's last game of the season when he got man of the match and kept them up, but so far (very early days yet) he looks off the pace.
And with Godden back in contention, and Walker's injury not looking as bad as we feared, I'm wondering if Waghorn is going to miss out.
Agree it needs to happen for him soon. I would even take some Max specials that hit the post to show us he is at least getting some dangerous shots off. I would not write him off yet but last season was his worst in a while and he needs to deliver esp if he is the top earner. Robins comments about its not where you have been it's where your at, post match I think could have been aimed at Waghorn who no doubt would be unhappy at getting taken off yesterday.

ccfc1234

Sorry Sheaf is the most underrated player at the club by a mile. Loads of people actively dislike the guy and he's so important to how we play.

It's no confidence Hamer looked lost next to Kelly and James but now is back to his best with Sheaf.
He is extremely athletic, closes down well and is winning the ball high up the pitch. The tempo Hamer, Sheaf and COH are playing with is impressive to watch. He is still prone to the odd hospital pass having said that his passing into the dangerous areas of the pitch has greatly improved. He will get better and that is going to make it hard for Kelly or another loan in that position like Matty James to get the shirt off him.

SleepyGinger

By that metric you could say the same for Westbrook who has been deemed surplus to requirements by league 2 Bristol Rovers

ccfcricoh

Moore - 7 Competent, reassuring, unspectacular but... that's a good thing.
Dacosta - 6 One of his better games! Stayed in position, offered an outlet.
Dabo - 7 Difficult to mark. Poor as CB but it's not his position. Excellent in his position. Regardless of whether DaCosta did well or not, the main issue is moving Dabo to CB and taking him away from what he's good at.
McFadzean - 7.5 Didn't really notice him, so must be good, especially ref: what I said about Moore.
Hyam 7.5 Ditto to McFadzean
Sheaf - 9 Always looking to put us on the front foot with some progressive passes. When in defence did the same. I thought he was shaky when asked to defend as a defender, but that wasn't often and, much like Dabo, that's not his position. Unlike Dabo, he was still able to influence the game in an offensive sense.
Hamer - 8 Energetic, looked to get us moving, good set pieces, and I even saw him play a simple pass or two!
Ohare - 6 (Takes cover) buzzing around, but little end product. nice shot, fluffed the rebound. It was Sheaf and Hamer driving us forward.
Waghorn - 5 anonymous
Gyojeres - 7 Another hard to mark. Held the play up well, brought players into the game. If he can learn some kind of cutting edge then we have a signing and a half

Subs

Allen - 7 excellent goal. Good goal, energetic. Not as good overall as vs Blackpool, but did what he was supposed to
Godden - 7 Mainly for the goal, which is what he's paid to do. Up to that stage not much, but who cares?
Bang on for me (y)

Users who are viewing this thread