Ratings v Notts Co (1 Viewer)

Moff

Absolutely stutey I thought Doyle was magnificent on Saturday he seemed to be everywhere and at the right time too didnt miss Bigi one bit lets hope there is more to come

Totally agree.

I like the way Doyle bossed the team. He was the leader we so desperately lacked last season.

As well as his tackling and closing down, he constantly put himself into the space in front of the player with the ball quickly closing down their options and making them rush their passes. I think with experience he has realised what he can offer a game, and is using those skills to the best of his ability. I am very happy to have him back.

Nick

Administrator
Notice one of their players moaning that Doyle hurt him.
giphy.gif

CCFCSteve

I don't understand why ratings for O'brien are so low? I felt really comfortable having him in goal. Came for and claimed every opportunity successfully and prevented a couple of chances being brave and diving in at feet. I would be happy to keep him as first choice.

Agreed. Commanded his area well. Was alert. Good stature for a keeper as well.

No surprise with the stand outs. Doyler, Jones and Mac (a couple of great long passes as well as solid)

Nick

Administrator
He did pretty much kung-fu kick him just after the ball had gone. The sort of thing you detest if the opposition does it, and absolutely love if your team does.
Was that the one where he hammered the ball at him and followed it in?

hill83

If we had Doyle last season we'd have stayed up. No hidden message or anything else.

With all of our gutless players and shit managers last season. If we had #DOYLER last season we'd be in league 1 still. Top half too.

Edit: wrong thread. But fuck it

Astute

He did pretty much kung-fu kick him just after the ball had gone. The sort of thing you detest if the opposition does it, and absolutely love if your team does.
You seem to have missed out the important bit. They were fouling our players from the off. Have always had a dislike of when it happens. And for years we have been soft. We have been bullied out of games.

All you need to do is look back at the threads when we were signing players for this season. Quite a few of us were happy about the signings. It wasn't because they were world beaters with the ball. We were getting a team together of leaders and experienced players who take no prisoners. It wasn't a team of short players who couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag.

Division 4 is nothing like we have played in most of our memories. It is all about tasty tackles and long ball. Refs let more things go. We are lucky. We have players that can look after themselves. But also we have players that can play. There is no room for shirkers.

Users who are viewing this thread