Ratings v Derby (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Could you imagine if you were told Biamou would be scoring the winning goal in the Championship against Derby 4 years ago when he had that shocker at Accrington Stanley.

ccfc1234

Ostigard makes numerous errors and without Mcfazdean the 3 at the back approach would be an utter clusterfuck
I think he has been impressive at both ends of the pitch and McFaz has made some really big errors those aside he has also been immense. I think we're talking degrees of good rather than bad.

stevefloyd

Look credit where its due and today Max got plenty of plaudits if he's poor next week he will get pelters unless certain people want us to blow smoke for a poor performance, I have always said I quite like Max but he is very limited having said that lets hope today is not a one off because today he was very good and took his goal very well

stupot07

Its interesting looking at the stats though

Mcfadzean 40 touches, 2 aerial duels won, 28 passes 57.1% pass completion, 9 long balls attempted, 1 accurate long balls, 0 tackles 2 interceptions and 4 clearances

Osti 57 touches, 6 aerial duels won, 47 passes, 70.2% pass completion, 14 long balls, 8 accurate long balls, 1 tackle, 1 interception and 5 clearances

I gave McFadzean 8.5 and Osti 7.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Grendel

Mcfadzean 40 touches, 2 aerial duels won, 28 passes 57.1% pass completion, 9 long balls attempted, 1 accurate long balls, 0 tackles 2 interceptions and 4 clearances

Osti 57 touches, 6 aerial duels won, 47 passes, 70.2% pass completion, 14 long balls, 8 accurate long balls, 1 tackle, 1 interception and 5 clearances

I gave McFadzean 8 and Osti 7.

The stats say Ben Wilson is one of the best goalkeepers we’ve ever had

Evo1883

Are they correct though... That says he gave away 1 in 2 balls... I don't recall that at all.

I recall Osti giving 3 or 4 away.. I recall fadz winning more headed duals too...

He won mOre than 2 aerial duals

57% seems way too low when he averages 77%

stupot07

Are they correct though... That says he gave away 1 in 2 balls... I don't recall that at all.

I recall Osti giving 3 or 4 away.. I recall fadz winning more headed duals too...
Thats whats on whoscored.com, its updated live i think.

Evo1883

Thats whats on whoscored.com

So Ive caught onto pass completion, basically every time he cleared the ball up the pitch aWay from the area it's down as a pass... Has to be the only answer.. His short passing in and around our half is normally pretty reliable and appeared so again today

stupot07

So Ive caught onto pass completion, basically every time he cleared the ball up the pitch aWay from the area it's down as a pass... Has to be the only answer.. His short passing in and around our half is normally pretty reliable and appeared so again today
I think the stats are right, you take the long balls away his pass completion was 85%.

Short passing Osti was 86%.

Grendel

You do yourself a rare injustice - I was responding to you calling me a Villa fan.

You talk rot to be honest. You really are a very boring person and shows no interest in the fact we have won a crucial game.

Evo1883

I think the stats are right, you take the long balls away his pass completion was 85%

Yea his average over the season is 77% I believe.. Thought he was excellent today.
Ostigard it felt like he gave the ball away a few times in our half but he's always solid defensively tbh

Evo1883

With hyam he's clearly had an Indifferent season.. Im actually shit scared everytime the ball goes to him at the moment I have no clue why, just seems like his confidence is a bit shot.

He did make some key interceptions today so his defending was alot better, but with the ball at his feet it's a worry atm

larry_david

With hyam he's clearly had an Indifferent season.. Im actually shit scared everytime the ball goes to him at the moment I have no clue why, just seems like his confidence is a bit shot.

He did make some key interceptions today so his defending was alot better, but with the ball at his feet it's a worry atm
He used to look fairly classy on the ball but atm he looks a bit dodgy. Although his one on one defending is pretty good. Wins alot more than you'd think. Needs to be stronger though, not sure if bulking up is an option?

McFadz let's himself down with the odd calamity moment but make no mistake, he's been brilliant this season and for me he's the first player on the team sheet when fit

Evo1883

He used to look fairly classy on the ball but atm he looks a bit dodgy. Although his one on one defending is pretty good. Wins alot more than you'd think. Needs to be stronger though, not sure if bulking up is an option?

McFadz let's himself down with the odd calamity moment but make no mistake, he's been brilliant this season and for me he's the first player on the team sheet when fit
Also has hyam lost weight? Looks thinner than last year, might be imagining it like

Londonccfcfan

Could you imagine if you were told Biamou would be scoring the winning goal in the Championship against Derby 4 years ago when he had that shocker at Accrington Stanley.

I remember watching him early in league 2 season and yes remember that game well at accrington. Thinking why have we signed this bloke from non league.

As Oggy alluded to it also. The guy just keeps on improving and working on his game.

Londonccfcfan

Max MOTM closely followed by James, McFadz and O'Hare. Nice to see Hyam have a good game - hopefully will give him some confidence.
Some James passing today was top notch. The vision at times was way above this level.

Though he started today slowly but was so impressive 2nd half. That would have been some goal, from a great move to cap off a good game from him.

cov donkey kick

Could do with fadz staying next season.. Despite the odd critic I actually think he's had a decent season.. Made a couple of errors but he's a tough bastard and sometimes teams need that.... Even if just a squad player, we should give him another year
I think he's been very good most of the season and a hard bugger.

DannyThomas_1981

You talk rot to be honest. You really are a very boring person and shows no interest in the fact we have won a crucial game.
I can assure you that I'm 1,000% more pleased than you are that we've won - you honestly only seem truly happy when we lose so you can moan and throw derisive comments around about our players or call for Robins to be sacked. You need to be more honest with yourself.
As you completely failed to answer any of my questions - looks like you're all out of answers - it's a pretty common pattern in most of the debates you have with others on here. If all else fails distract and call others boring or similar. Repeat 45,000 times. Day after day.
I wish you a good evening and hope you truly celebrated Max's goal.

pusbccfc

I remember watching him early in league 2 season and yes remember that game well at accrington. Thinking why have we signed this bloke from non league.

As Oggy alluded to it also. The guy just keeps on improving and working on his game.

Yeah heard the same. Oggy was spot on, when he first came his game was awful, and lacked effort. He's come a long way and is still improving.

Londonccfcfan

I can assure you that I'm 1,000% more pleased than you are that we've won - you honestly only seem truly happy when we lose so you can moan and throw derisive comments around about our players or call for Robins to be sacked. You need to be more honest with yourself.
As you completely failed to answer any of my questions - looks like you're all out of answers - it's a pretty common pattern in most of the debates you have with others on here. If all else fails distract and call others boring or similar. Repeat 45,000 times. Day after day.
I wish you a good evening and hope you truly celebrated Max's goal.

1000% correct.

Skybluefaz

Yeah heard the same. Oggy was spot on, when he first came his game was awful, and lacked effort. He's come a long way and is still improving.
He said he was awful out of possession tbf.. Not that his game was awful. I think that's fair, he looked out of his depth in terms of his positioning and that. He's got much much better with that.

procdoc

I'm so confused; according to some of the usual suspects Max is nowhere near the standard for the Champ and they have resorted to constant derision and criticism for months.........

Makes you think that they may have no idea what they are talking about....those who shout loudest etc.
I’m not a Max hater but let’s face it if both Godden and Walker had been available all season he would have been bit-part at best. He was quality today but let’s not forget some of the dreadful performances too. I want him to do well though and prove himself at this level by being consistent

Londonccfcfan

He said he was awful out of possession tbf.. Not that his game was awful. I think that's fair, he looked out of his depth in terms of his positioning and that. He's got much much better with that.

Yeah he did say that....but I think Max looked non league standard out of depth first half of league 2 season.

He had a very slow tough start.

2nd half of that season his improvement was tangible.

Londonccfcfan

I’m not a Max hater but let’s face it if both Godden and Walker had been available all season he would have been bit-part at best. He was quality today but let’s not forget some of the dreadful performances too. I want him to do well though and prove himself at this level by being consistent

Walker has been available last 5 games. But Max general performance levels in those games has been far superior to Walker.

I think of the 5 goals we scored in last 5 games Has has had huge hand in 3 of them.
Won penalty vs Brentford.
Og vs Boro.
Scored Today vs Derby.

But I agree he should be 3rd choice. But fact is he isn't at the moment as Walker general performances havnt been good enough. Apart from one well taken goal.
I'm talking last 5 games.

Users who are viewing this thread