Baker 7
Bell 7
McSheffrey 7
Juke 7

Subs
Deagan 8
Cameron 7
McPake N/A (too late to assess)

MOM (Choice of four including Keogh, Thomas & Christie)
Murphy (saved at least 3 certainties)

cstring82

I agree with those ratings, deegan made a difference with a bit of bite in the middle of the park, esp after what I thought wasn't a great first half

PVA

Thought Christie was poor to be honest. Gave the ball away so many times, needlessly punted it out of play too often as well. But people will give him a high score because of that great run.

Baker and McSheff had their best games of the season, but MOTM for me was Thomas. This kid is gonna be a star!

Sisu-infidels

Thought Christie was poor to be honest. Gave the ball away so many times, needlessly punted it out of play too often as well. But people will give him a high score because of that great run.

Baker and McSheff had their best games of the season, but MOTM for me was Thomas. This kid is gonna be a star!

Not a chance Christie was immense today IMO! I wish he could of finished the run with a goal.....could of had a goal of season contender :)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Murphy-8- Made some great saves and held onto them as well
Christie-6-Apart from mazy run was poor, failed to control several easy passes and never shows any composure on the ball
Keogh-8- Captain's performance
Wood-7-Solid performance and done well having to have moved position
Hussey-7-Great cross where we should have scored
Thomas-7-Good second half and played the role well
Mcsheffrey-6-Missed a sitter
Bell-7-Played good in the second half and made some good passes
Baker-7-Came into the game as it progressed
Gael-4-Was pretty awful

Deegan-8-Transformed our midfield
Cameron-7-Did a good job

If these were half time rating the majority of the team would have scored less than 5, absolutely awful first half. Bristol played very well first half and could have easily been 2 goals ahead at HT but our defence held strong. In the first half we never played with our head up, players like Sheff, Bell, Christie, Baker would pick up the ball and just play in straight lines running down the wing without even looking at who they could pass too, if they lifted there head up they would see there are several good passing options available.
Second half Deegan had a big impact on the game, his one touch passing and vision on the ball was valuable. Always played with his head up and great awareness of where his team mates are around him. Much better second half and could have scored 2/3 if finishing was better.

ps. Deegan didn't look unfit to me, it begs the question as to why he hasn't been involved for the past few weeks.

Last edited:

skybluegod

Murphy 8=some great save's and a lot of talking learnt from pompey goal.
Christie 9=great game to awesome block's which where shot's going in good tackling and good attacking play.
Keogh 8=solid again but went out of POS. sometime's even though uneeded but good heading, good attacking, but some stray back passing overall good game.
Wood 7.5=couple balls given away but good heading and defending , and good run into the box.
Hussey 6=good crossing but poor defense no tackling or marking poor game a part from attacking.
Thomas 8=amazing 2nd half good tackling marking and some neat turns and always picked out cyrus.
Gael 6=not bad not great some good tackle's and good shot and good Pos.
Baker 7=some good passes should have scored from hussey's cross but a good second half but control was poor.
Bell 7.5=good attacking play and defending and glad to see him back in the team.
McSheffrey 8=sheffers best game this season ran everywhere and never lacked commitment good set pieces and should have scored.
Juke 7.5= not his best game but can't lack commitment good holding up and attacking but didn't get into many attacking areas.

Subs
Deagan 10=great game tackeled and blocked so well took his goal well and was MOM he won all the balls he went for almost and if he didn't he held up the opponent so defense could get back.
Cameron 7= solid at the back won all his header's and gerally played well.
McPake N/A (too late to assess)

dadgad

And that's without Clingon and Craney who are off anyway!
Pusb.
Well done Andy Thorn, great subs today, changed the game. Xxxx

PVA

Can't believe the praise Christie gets! I know he's young, and I think he will go on to be very good. But a 9 today!!!?

Lost count of the number of misplaced passes and the number of times he kicked it out of play under no pressure. I think people are being fooled by that great run - that aside I thought he was poor today.

skybluejelly

Can't believe the praise Christie gets! I know he's young, and I think he will go on to be very good. But a 9 today!!!?

Lost count of the number of misplaced passes and the number of times he kicked it out of play under no pressure. I think people are being fooled by that great run - that aside I thought he was poor today.

you must be watching a different player,the lad had a great game today,ran his heart out ,and the times he kicked it out he had no other options would you rather he try and skin there attackers and lose the ball,next you will be telling us baker has a good first touch

PVA

you must be watching a different player,the lad had a great game today,ran his heart out ,and the times he kicked it out he had no other options would you rather he try and skin there attackers and lose the ball,next you will be telling us baker has a good first touch

No, I'd like him to take a touch and play the simple ball. He got rollockings today off Deegan, Baker, Keogh, Murphy and Thomas for not doing so

J

Jack Griffin

Murphy-8 - Solid
Christie-6 - Let winger get past him too easy, poor at challenging crosses & sucummed to cramp, very good going fwd
Keogh-9- Very good, some great blocks
Wood-7-Solid
Hussey-6- Was let down by covering midfield too much
Thomas-8-Grew into role, the lad will make it
Mcsheffrey-7-Much better movement than Cody, bit rusty in front of goal
Bell-7-Looked a bit unfit, but showed a bit of quality
Baker-6-Poor, one good shot, lot of ineffectual tackles, too lightweight
Gael-5-Don't know where he was supposed to be playing
Juke-7-Worked hard, but off the pace today
Deegan-8-At last someone with compoosure in front of goal, looked a bit unfit, hope AT can bring him in gradually overnext 3 or 4 games
Cameron-7-Did a good job
McPake-7-Half expected him to concede a pen, but he did what was needed

The squad was even thinner, no Platt, ROD or McDonald, Jeffers was only attacking option on the bench.

Last edited by a moderator:

pusbccfc

Murphy 8- Best performance of the season for him, numerous saves especially that one near the end on the line.

CHRISTIE-7.5 Another sensational run very similar to the one last week against peterborough, if only he had the confidence to use his left foot when he cuts inside!

KEOGH-8 Another fantastic performance, inspirational at the back, still needs to talk to murphy when passing back!

WOOD-7 Sound performance.

HUSSEY-7 Decent from him, weak when tackling at times, few decent crosses though.

BELL-7 Another decent performance, better than some of his in the past.

BIGI-6Not his day today, maybe should have done better with that shot in the first half, I don't think Connor and Gael can play together if I'm honest!

THOMAS-8 Super, really started to show why liverpool took him on loan.

BAKER-7.5 Poor first half but in the second fantastic, great use of various turns, picked out a few passes and had some runs, baker of old has shown up recently, and am I right in saying, happy birthday!?

JUKE-6.5 missed a sitter, other than that, ok, shows he has a fantastic first touch at times.
Once again, how much shirt pulling does he receive!!! He has won that most free kicks in the league (47 before today) yet he could have won twice as many!

Macca- 6.5 still not his best but his corners are far better than clingans!

Subs
Cameron-7.5 Great today won most in the air. How big is cameron, does he live in a gym!!

Deegan 8 changed the game, he gave the team fight and battle! Scored once again, like he seems to do a lot when needed.
Sometimes you need a bit of battle in the midfield other than playing with weaker, play makers gael/clingan/thomas.

SkyBlue_Bear83

@PVA Christie is the most overrated player by the majority of our fans, he has raw potential but isn't good enough yet to be a first team championship player.

@Jack Mcsheffrey started the game, the only attacking option from the bench today was Jeffers.

skybluegod

No, I'd like him to take a touch and play the simple ball. He got rollockings today off Deegan, Baker, Keogh, Murphy and Thomas for not doing so
baker can F*** off he had dreadfull first touch today, and thomas is still young so shouldn't say anything, then deegan rollocking was for not passing to him, murphy was talking to the entire defence and praised him when he did it, and keogh i didn't see that one and then he made two great block's which stopped them scoreing.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

baker can F*** off he had dreadfull first touch today, and thomas is still young so shouldn't say anything, then deegan rollocking was for not passing to him, murphy was talking to the entire defence and praised him when he did it, and keogh i didn't see that one and then he made two great block's which stopped them scoreing.

How can you call yourself a fan and make that statement about Baker after a win? Disgrace

skybluegod

How can you call yourself a fan and make that statement about Baker after a win? Disgrace

what are you on they played well im just saying baker had a bad first touch he was alright with passing and skill's but couldn't control it and as i sai in my rating almost everyone else played well. Where did u get that from? and yes i am a fan.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

what are you on they played well im just saying baker had a bad first touch he was alright with passing and skill's but couldn't control it and as i sai in my rating almost everyone else played well. Where did u get that from? and yes i am a fan.

He didn't have his best game so you tell him to #### off? Yeah. You're the sort of steadfast fabn I'd want behind me as a player ....

Grendel

Murphy 8 - Made at least 3 crucial saves
Christie - 5 struggled all game though to be fair midfiled offered little support to constant threats down the left channel
Hussey - 6 Didn't think he was that bad TBH
Wood - 7 Solid as always. Never undestood why he did not not start first game of season as he has to be an always choice when fit
Keogh - 8 Will we keep him - doubt it
Bigi - 4 Time for a rest
Thomas - 7 solid and held midfield together in first half
Baker - 6 I can't stomach "rent a quote" but good in second half but a terrible first half
McSheffery - 5 Dire
Bell - 8 Second half was excellent
Juke - 7 Awful first half real target man second half

Deegan - 8 Won the match. Good job Clingan, Platt. McDonald were injured or Thorn would not even have considered him and we would have lost the game

Cameron - more solid than of late

Overall second half shows with fight, energy and more drive we should have more points than we already do. We were more direct and put more crosses in than any game this season. Sadly I think it will be a one off. Thorn is not a risk taker and you need to take risks to win a few games in this league with the squad we have.

skybluegod

He didn't have his best game so you tell him to #### off? Yeah. You're the sort of steadfast fabn I'd want behind me as a player ....

no i was saying he cant tell player's to take a touch when he cant control the ball himself he had an alright game a part from his control and i was still cheering him on.

Grendel

So you cheered him on whilst thinking you'd tell him to #### off later? Special...

People have views - you are taking it too far. Baker is a difficult individual to like.

skybluejelly

bakers first touch was awful today,although a lot better on the ball than he has been of late,just because we won does not mean he played well,maybe our luck is changing at last,if we were 6 points off the play offs we would all think we had a chance ,so with half the season to go 6 points off saftey should be easily do-able as well..pusb

Mary_Mungo_Midge

People have views - you are taking it too far. Baker is a difficult individual to like.

No I'm not. A so-called fan calls for a player who's tried his best as part of a team victory to #### off. Thats not necessary in any way. It's not exactly constructive criticism is it? And you wonder why there's an atmosphere that's all purvasive at this club for many years?

Nonleagueherewecome

As there was a full footy program, is there not a 'football league' show??

Shockingly, no, there isn't. I was quite livid when I found that out.

wingy

Looks like we're unworthy ,sometomes the beeb know how to score own goals ,the one area they can get one over SKY ,and they ommit us.and why oh why do all media outlets give the scottish prem greater prominance than our league .:whistle:

Grendel

No I'm not. A so-called fan calls for a player who's tried his best as part of a team victory to #### off. Thats not necessary in any way. It's not exactly constructive criticism is it? And you wonder why there's an atmosphere that's all purvasive at this club for many years?

I get the point made though. Baker is a poseur the type who runs 50 yards to chase a ball he knows he will not get but will not go 5 yards if it gets physical, he berates other players who have not passed to him when he is not even looking for the ball, he appears in the local media with every purile quote imaginable to create an impression and overall he isn't very good.

la-ccfc

Murphy 8 - made some good saves, looked quite good on crosses (for once)

Christie 7 - made some good runs forward put in a few good challenges, but their winger gave him a tough game
Wood 7 - pretty solid, didn't really do anything major but didn't really do anything wrong
Keogh 9 - I thought he was superb he was a class above today
Hussey 6 - a couple of good crosses couple of good challenges, got caught out a couple of times

Bigi 5 - tried attempting a killer ball too many times he had the ball when he should have kept it simple
Thomas 8 - looked to control the midfield, he always offers himself for the pass and covered the defensive part of the midfield well, hard to believe he is only 18
Bell 8 - had his best game for a long time, seemed to be looking to try and be more creative and attacking than before
Baker 7 - did something brilliant then followed it up minutes later with something poor
Mcsheffrey 6 - Kept calling for the ball when he was clearly offside then moaning when he didn't get it, made a couple of decent runs.

Juke 8 - holds the ball up well always difficult to handle

Deegan 8 - his tempo changed the game we really needed someone with high energy in the midfield.
Cameron 7 - seemed solid with nearly every ball that came to him in the air, caught out on the ground a couple of times.
Mcpake n/a - not on long enough to be rated

Thorn 8 - tried a different way didn't work so instead of waiting like he has previously changed the game to our advantage (is he now learning to be willing to not be so stubborn to the diamond)

cloughie

Thought Christie was poor to be honest. Gave the ball away so many times, needlessly punted it out of play too often as well.

He punted it out to often ? how many times have our defence been caught out pissing about and causing a goal and everyone says , he should have put that ball in the stands.

some can't do right for doing wrong

He punted it out to often ? how many times have our defence been caught out pissing about and causing a goal and everyone says , he should have put that ball in the stands.

some can't do right for doing wrong

I agree Cloughie - safety first approach clearly paid dividends today by hoofing the ball out to touch when in difficulty AND playing keepball in and around the opposition corner flags - we are at last learning these basics at CCFC

PUSB

ccfc_Tom

Baker i thought was best player second half, keogh was class all game and murphy made some good saves. I thought christie was very poor and wasted too much possession with inaccurate passes/hoofs. Sheff was rather poor too would like to have seen jeffers given a run out at some point alongside juke. Great win though feared the worst at half time!

Users who are viewing this thread