Ratings - and I'm not happy! (1 Viewer)

stupot07

Cameron wasn't too bad, it's Edj who's the problem.

That didn't seem to matter when we played 4-5-1 did it!? Moussa is actually good, Elliott isn't. It's the ideology you buy into with formation.

When we did well in November and December, why didn't we play 4-4-2 and start Elliott instead of Moussa? :thinking about:

Your argument is untenable.
When we did well in November and December we also had David McGoldrick. The truth is at home no formation has been particularly effective hence whit we have won just 5, drawn 5 and lost 7 in 17 league games at home this season.

Johnnythespider

Mcshefferry needs to be benched, Baker needs a break, and our wide players need to be told that you can't cross the ball from the half way line, would like to see moussa start, and finally was mystified by the subs today.

Grendel

That didn't seem to matter when we played 4-5-1 did it!? Moussa is actually good, Elliott isn't. It's the ideology you buy into with formation.

When we did well in November and December, why didn't we play 4-4-2 and start Elliott instead of Moussa? :thinking about:

If moussa had played we would have still lost.

We have no mcgoldrick and baker looks shot.

Your argument is the immaturity of youth.

Our he form is dire whatever the formation.

wingy

But that is because we had a different system for a different Striker .The change has had to be made for the replacement striker ,who is as successful in the scoring stakes ,however does'nt bring other aspects to the party which were so valuable in terms of giving confidence and options to the rest of the squad

Brighton Sky Blue

Edge is a centre half in a totally different footballing environment and Cameron won't have match sharpness yet. Disaster waiting to happen.

stupot07

Edge is a centre half in a totally different footballing environment and Cameron won't have match sharpness yet. Disaster waiting to happen.

To be fair, Cameron had that 1good spell under Boothroyd playing with turner, but has since always looked like a liability - his biggest crime is continually allowing the ball to bounce.

Brighton Sky Blue

To be fair, Cameron had that 1good spell under Boothroyd playing with turner, but has since always looked like a liability - his biggest crime is continually allowing the ball to bounce.

He's also still a youngster with not much experience.

percy

sbt. "cameron wasnt to bad" made me laugh. thought he was poor today and can play much better. he could have done better with their goal as well, he should have just headed it but was too indecisive.

For the Crewe second goal:

I'm not saying it could have been cleared off the line because by the time Cameron got there (and he did actually get there in time) it was practically on the line and the angle was difficult. But I'd rather of had him try to clear it and put it in his own net than just chest it forward in a way which would never have worked as a clearance.

Baginton

My only rating is for Philips, the Crewe keeper with a 9, outstanding again, 4 or 5 stunning saves.

We were poor, rudderless, tired

the ref was as bad

well done crewe / the season is over, 8k next saturday !!

torchomatic

Murphy - 7 - No protection from his defenders. Did well when called into action.
Christie - 5 - I like Chrisite, but he must realise he doesn't have the skill to take people on. Pass it!
Edje - 4 - One trick pony: Kick it hard and high. Everytime.
Cameron - 4 - Not sure what to say really.
Dickinson - 6 - Looked solid and had a bit of bite.
Jennings - 7 Good solid performance
Bailey - 5 His worst game yet
Clarke - 6 - cracking goal, but lack of service stopped him adding to it.
Baker - 4 - The "old" Baker was back today
Elliot - 5 - His usual busy self, unfortunately busy giving the ball to anyone in red.
Mcdheffrey - 6 - good game I thought

Moussa - 5 - didn't really get into it.
Wilson - 5 - Nothing good, nothing bad
Fleck - 4 - As Adam Ant once sang "You can't cross, you can't shoot, what do you do?"

Nonleagueherewecome

Agreed but for Wilson I'd say "a bit of good and a bit of bad".

Dang, wish we still had Jon Stead...

fernandopartridge

Carsley persisting with the final formation the former manager played is exactly what Shaw did wrong earlier this season.

Do these idiots not realise that they are allowed to change it? We've never looked impressive in 4-4-2 so fuck knows why they're playing it. Elliott doesn't play as another striker on the shoulder, basically just does the same job as Moussa but without the athleticism.

Nonleagueherewecome

Not quite sure why everyone loves Moussa so much, he's been poor since our pitch turned into chocolate milkshake. Elliott was poor in terms of touch today, but he was tireless, he hit the woodwork, and has been one of our best players whenever he's featured in the last ten games.

Littlewood CCFC

Murphy - 7 exposed by dire defenders
Christie - 7 looked better going forward than baker
Edje - 4 one season only please
Cameron - 4 career going backwards
Jenkinson - 5 a poor mans julien dicks
Jennings - 6 dire first half but did pull it round in the second
Bailey - 4 worst performance I've seen from him
Clarke - 5 on his own against the back 4 and looked frustrated
Baker - 4 awful
Elliot - 4 other than back into players and run around a lot what does he do
Mcdheffrey - 5 did well for 15 minutes then just disappeared.

Moussa - 6 not in game much
Wilson - 6 same as above
Fleck - 4 why bother?

Wow, Whats everyones problem with John Fleck? Bailey should of been hooked and Fleck should of been put in the middle where he belongs to pick a pass to open up Crewe

Mucca Mad Boys

Did you actually go! He was shocking.

Besides Edj, he doesn't look too bad.

I said solid, we won most, probably all, of his aerial 'battles', no means great, but I think we desperately need a CB or 2! Or by some miracle, Willis steps up at his v young age.

Mucca Mad Boys

Not quite sure why everyone loves Moussa so much, he's been poor since our pitch turned into chocolate milkshake. Elliott was poor in terms of touch today, but he was tireless, he hit the woodwork, and has been one of our best players whenever he's featured in the last ten games.

I disagree on Elliott, today he gave away the ball pretty much every time he got the damn thing! Doesn't score, all he does is run, but that's enough for some fans, offers little. I do, however, agree with your point on Moussa, I do think Fleck should be given a go behind the striker and Thomas should start, and hopefully Moussa on the wing (not going to happen all 3) but I do think it MAY work, we'd definitely look better technically, we've played poorly in all 3 games under LC, and we need an overhaul of the XI - they're not playing well enough to start! - if we have a hope of Playoffs.

Worst players today IMO:

1. Elliott
2. Dickinson
3. Bailey

Mucca Mad Boys

Carsley persisting with the final formation the former manager played is exactly what Shaw did wrong earlier this season.

Do these idiots not realise that they are allowed to change it? We've never looked impressive in 4-4-2 so feck knows why they're playing it. Elliott doesn't play as another striker on the shoulder, basically just does the same job as Moussa but without the athleticism.

Well said, we don't have the players to play 4-4-2, and it's about time some clocked on to this, before the discussion actually starts about this, what 2 strikers can start? To suggest Elliott; Wilson or Philliskirk are good enough is (nearly) laughable.

Nonleagueherewecome

I said his touch was poor, but that's the first game in ages where that has been the case. I'm not one of these people who think people should get in on work-rate alone-his running off the ball was better than most (although he tired, not surprisingly given his closing down, sometimes in his own area!), he hit the woodwork (why do people ignore that?) and is not as useless as you seem to think. Given that was his worst distribution for some time, there were still 5 or 6 players on the pitch who were as bad or worse than him.

Davo

Murphy - 7 exposed by dire defenders
Christie - 7 looked better going forward than baker
Edje - 4 one season only please
Cameron - 4 career going backwards
Jenkinson - 5 a poor mans julien dicks
Jennings - 6 dire first half but did pull it round in the second
Bailey - 4 worst performance I've seen from him
Clarke - 5 on his own against the back 4 and looked frustrated
Baker - 4 awful
Elliot - 4 other than back into players and run around a lot what does he do
Mcdheffrey - 5 did well for 15 minutes then just disappeared.

Moussa - 6 not in game much
Wilson - 6 same as above
Fleck - 4 why bother?

Who is Jenkinson?
This alone shows me why your opinion isn't woth listening to.
The amount of idiots I hear scream "baker you're shit" and its Jennings or "mcsheffrey you're a useless twat" and its baker, sums the Ricoh up for me. 20% regular folk who follow their team and know their stuff, the rest a bunch of idiots who go to let off steam and rock up on a Saturday after reading the bbc match report from the previous week and don't have a f**kin clue

Baginton

I disagree on Elliott, today he gave away the ball pretty much every time he got the damn thing! Doesn't score, all he does is run, but that's enough for some fans, offers little. I do, however, agree with your point on Moussa, I do think Fleck should be given a go behind the striker and Thomas should start, and hopefully Moussa on the wing (not going to happen all 3) but I do think it MAY work, we'd definitely look better technically, we've played poorly in all 3 games under LC, and we need an overhaul of the XI - they're not playing well enough to start! - if we have a hope of Playoffs.

Worst players today IMO:

1. Baker
2. Baker
3. Baker

fixed for you :whistle:

Baginton

Worst players today IMO:

1. Baker
2. Baker
3. Baker

fixed for you :whistle:

Grendel

Who is Jenkinson?
This alone shows me why your opinion isn't woth listening to.
The amount of idiots I hear scream "baker you're shit" and its Jennings or "mcsheffrey you're a useless twat" and its baker, sums the Ricoh up for me. 20% regular folk who follow their team and know their stuff, the rest a bunch of idiots who go to let off steam and rock up on a Saturday after reading the bbc match report from the previous week and don't have a f**kin clue

And you are clearly in the 80% category. Baker had a very poor game and I am one of the few people on here who consider mcsheffrey worthy of a starting place.

Brighton Sky Blue

And you are clearly in the 80% category. Baker had a very poor game and I am one of the few people on here who consider mcsheffrey worthy of a starting place.

Depends where you want to put him. Given his legs are knackered, his effectiveness as a wide midfielder is low-perhaps pushing him up alongside Clarke would get more out of him.

skybluegod

Murphy 7 - great save and played well, distribution was good, definitely an unsung hero.
Christie 7 - defended well, got forward well, needs to work on crosses.
Cameron 6 - solid, should've scored.
Edj 5 - drifted too far and nearly cost us, he was pretty poor.
Dickinson 4 - can't play football gave it away far too often, 'no nonsense' is a way to say 'can't play football'.
Baker 6 (just) - had his moments, but wasn't great.
Jennings 5 - didn't deserve to start today and hardly vindicated LC's decision to pick him.
Bailey 5 - same as Jennings, played poorly.
McSheff 5 - poor but for 15m at the start.
Elliott 4 - as usual, worked hard, but gave the ball away pretty much every time he got the ball, hit the post but he was poor, HOW is he keeping out a midfielder!?
Clarke 7 - quality goal, but midfield didn't give him the service

Subs
Fleck 5 - not a winger, did 1 good cross, a poor cross and a desperate shot that was plain embarrassing!
Moussa 6 - overall played alright.
Wilson 5 - should've scored but bringing him on was a waste of a sub.

Formation 3 - got dominated in midfield and it is CLEAR that 4-4-2 doesn't work for CCFC, and certainly puts to bed the myth that we 'need' to play 2 upfront, home OR away.

Carsley 3 - selection was naive and was very reactionary.

4-4-2 doesn't work when we have won twice and kept to clean sheets before today and I think because it was new cb pairing because we lost.how was his selection naive and reactionary?he played the same steam that kept two clean sheets and won two games apart from edge in for wood.jennings was our best player in first 15 mins and best player second half. You have to much love for moussa as he took a random shot which was a waste as well but don't mention that he was as poor as fleck. Wilson never "should've scored" he cold have scored but he had to run across goal to get the his head to the ball so instead of being in the centre he was past the near post meaning it would be very hard to score from.

skybluegod

Well said, we don't have the players to play 4-4-2, and it's about time some clocked on to this, before the discussion actually starts about this, what 2 strikers can start? To suggest Elliott; Wilson or Philliskirk are good enough is (nearly) laughable.

How do you know if philliskirk and Wilson are good enough? You haven't seen them play. Philliskirk was at Chelsea so he must have something about him. Wilson has only had 10-30 mins each game why is not enough time.

WillieStanley

I thought we were let down by a few today. First goal we were caught once again by a set piece. I wonder if the fines are still in place? Bailey had a mare (apart from his shot that could so easily have gone in) which was dissapointing but I feel that Niaivity was the word of the day. People are shouting down the long ball tactic but the truth is, at the moment, the ball isn't travelling well on the deck at The Ricoh so how else are we going to move it quickly. Midfield were niaive and the defence looked awful. By that, I mean the whole back 4. Jennings had a good second half. Elliott ran himself to the ground and needed to come off by that point. I thought Dickinson and Christie were woeful coming forward as well. Baker didn't have the best of matches but he did provide a few decent moments. Clarke fell foul of not having enough support.

By about 75 mins, the whole team just looked shattered and we, unfortunately, dispite the depth of the squad, don't have the quality to bring on to gee everyone up. Fleck, embodied his whole season yesterday, he still looks as if he's got something about him but ultimately is a dissapointment.

What I can't understand is people laying into Carsley. He's stepped up into a role he doesn't feel ready for, for no ones benefit other than the clubs. This isn't for his own merit. I am fairly sure that he and Oggy are the only members of that backroom staff that actually do have the famous Sky Blue Blood. So far they have a 75% win ratio.

Sheff is Sheff. I too think he now doesn't have the tools for the position he is playing, but he does still have a lot to offer.

Moussa is far too unrelieable. He needs the conditions just right for his game and even then, it depends on where his head is.

All in all, yet again, we've shown in glimpses that we are far superior to most other teams in this division but do not have the correct mentality or awareness to exploit our strengths. I'd also say that fitness is an issue again.

EDIT: We were also let down by the booing at the end. It will always grind my gears.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

Like big Cyrille Regis said on the radio, plenty of youngsters playing - No excuse - You have to perform - If not head down to McDonalds and get an application form.

I don't agree with that, sorry-expecting the same level of performance from a kid as you would from a player with a decade's experience under his belt just isn't valid.

stupot07

How do you know if philliskirk and Wilson are good enough? You haven't seen them play. Philliskirk was at Chelsea so he must have something about him. Wilson has only had 10-30 mins each game why is not enough time.

What's that got to do with anything? Chelsea binned him off a couple of years ago, and sheff utd binned hik off a couple of months a go. Reece brown was from man utd........

Grendel

Sawyer was at Chelsea. We had Rees brown who was poor. It means nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread