Rather humbled (2 Viewers)

ajsccfc

I think it was misguided, but I find it hard to match a few angry and frustrated people getting on the pitch and some smoke bombs to the talk of violent thuggery and people being blinded by flares.

oucho

I support protests per se and in fact was in favour of all of them until Saturday, but unfortunately some of the people causing the trouble (sat right next to us) seemed to be a few spotty kids having a laugh and enjoying causing a bit of aggo, not principled protesters fighting for the food of the club.

The atmosphere around them was horrible and toxic, I wouldn't like to repeat witnessing that. It's a shame that protests can't happen in the spirit of the pigs rather than through anger and vitriol (although I do understand why people are angry, I'm angry myself).

Nick

Administrator
I support protests per se and in fact was in favour of all of them until Saturday, but unfortunately some of the people causing the trouble (sat right next to us) seemed to be a few spotty kids having a laugh and enjoying causing a bit of aggo, not principled protesters fighting for the food of the club.

The atmosphere around them was horrible and toxic, I wouldn't like to repeat witnessing that. It's a shame that protests can't happen in the spirit of the pigs rather than through anger and vitriol (although I do understand why people are angry, I'm angry myself).

The thing is with the pig stuff, even with kids about it isn't as toxic and that was done right at the start of the game and then it was done with. It was the same against Sheffield United where it was toxic and you could tell things were about to happen. People were covering their faces and bouncing about.

That's a different story to people lobbing plastic pigs on the pitch.

fernandopartridge

Completely disagree.

I think its just pure thuggery; they are not fans and they are using the club's situation as an excuse.

Chant all you want, protest outside of SISU's offices. But disrupting games, making things hostile for both sets of fans (family's especially) & players and putting the club in a bad name is unacceptable in my opinion. The club will loseout because of it, not SISU

I knew five lads that went on Saturday. All used to go to all away games in the last ten years, one had to cut down due to paternity. None will ever attend an away game again after that.
They sound like 5 absolute drips

Fair play to those in this interview, they come across as normal everyday fans like the rest of us. Hurt by the systematic murder of OUR football club.

Personally think its keen to distinguish there was a difference between the few who first went on and some of the opportunistic ones just looking to hop around on the pitch later in the game.

The guy with the flare in his hand actually picked it up from the floor and didn’t run on with it, personally thought flares were pretty pointless – especially the one thrown towards the Northampton Keeper and defender.

As a group of supporters, we need to find a universal protest that the majority can back and run with. Many like myself aren’t prepared to risk banning orders and police involvement – I applaud those willing to sacrifice themselves for the cause. Takes a better man than me to do that.

Hopefully we can unite under one banner and get our club back.

In the words of Sir Bobby Robson ‘"What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.”

covcity4life

"There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part; you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you’ve got to make it stop."
[Mario Savio]

Grendel

tell me what you've done to promote our plight to the wider public? everyone keeps slagging off fans making a stance but don't come up with an alternative.

It's not really making any promotion of the issue to the wider public is it and is ultimately just a protest at the club and the F A

If someone wants to really raise awareness try tying themselves on a bridge above the M1 abs close it. That's creating public awareness.

Nick

Administrator
What I dont get is how they say they didnt go on for the players, in a video it shows one of them clearly shouting at a player.

Brylowes

Completely disagree.

I think its just pure thuggery; they are not fans and they are using the club's situation as an excuse.

Chant all you want, protest outside of SISU's offices. But disrupting games, making things hostile for both sets of fans (family's especially) & players and putting the club in a bad name is unacceptable in my opinion. The club will loseout because of it, not SISU

I knew five lads that went on Saturday. All used to go to all away games in the last ten years, one had to cut down due to paternity. None will ever attend an away game again after that.
My God, this really wouldn't have been the game for yous in the seventies & eighties,
The modern sanitised, soulless, cash driven game is packaged just for you and yours.
And you're welcome to it.

The Lurker

more pu
It's not really making any promotion of the issue to the wider public is it and is ultimately just a protest at the club and the F A

If someone wants to really raise awareness try tying themselves on a bridge above the M1 abs close it. That's creating public awareness.
more publicity the better when it comes to protests. that's why I imagine sky have chose our game and made us bring it forward, they know the protests could occur and will bring in viewers like Sheffield Utd

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

The only thing stopping me from spontaneously combusting with rage at the Ricoh on Tuesday night is the fact that I don't want to lose my England membership. Even now that saving grace is becoming less and less to me - SISU need to be chased out of the City like the fucking rodents they are.

I've lost count the amount of times I've left a city game absolutely furious this season.

Nick

Administrator
Really what? How many checktrade games been on sky this season? None. the date for the game was scheduled for 21st Feb and now it's 7th due to sky. sky loved the Sheffield Utd protest as it attracts attention.

So it is all because of protests that it's on Sky? As I said, really?

Didn't we play on Sky against Preston in the JPT?

The Lurker

So it is all because of protests that it's on Sky? As I said, really?

Didn't we play on Sky against Preston in the JPT?

It would have been factor. deluded if you don't think that would have contributed to sky thinking.

did sky bring forward our Preston match by 2 weeks? like I said, I've never known a cup match be brought forward 2 weeks from original date.

Astute

So you say we shouldn't break the law during a game as it upsets a few thousand people but it is OK to cause chaos for many multiples more?

Grendel

So you say we shouldn't break the law during a game as it upsets a few thousand people but it is OK to cause chaos for many multiples more?

Er no where I have said id support doing that?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
ok, can understand and accept the frustrations and that the heart ruled the head, they acted off the cuff (not sure how smoke bombs can be a spontaneous thing at a football match) but I have questions

- What was actually perceived by the wider public as the purpose of the pitch invasion by 7 or 8 blokes and the smoke bombs?
- did they have anything at the time that actually showed the media in particular they wanted "SISU out"?
- did their protest actually have a message that was clear to everyone on the day?
- what exactly was the aim of going on the pitch, to do what exactly?
- what has it achieved? has it helped the fight to change owners or not?
- is this yet another fans group, who are acting independently of any organised protest movement?
- will their "sacrifice" actually inspire others? or the reverse?
- will their "sacrifice" actually make it harder to protest going forward and therefore diminish the national coverage needed?
- is your future worth it?
- is our fan base more or less united because of it?
- will it bring the solution we want?

I am all for protest, civil disobedience is sometimes necessary, but for it to work it has to carry a growing number of others with it in support, it must have clear purpose and reason, it must make people in the wider public but particularly decision makers take note become interested and not be able to be easily dismissed as unsocial loutish behaviour. Sorry I still can not support or condone illegal actions

I guess we all have different ways to contribute to the fight but getting a criminal record and then being banned from seeing CCFC is not one I would or could choose. Just my opinion

Final thought the protests are crying out for strong leadership and unity of the CCFC fans, I see neither in what happened at Sixfields. I see great division and people doing their own thing. Frustration, anger and a lack of hope is such a bad mix to have

Last edited:

NortonSkyBlue

What I dont get is how they say they didnt go on for the players, in a video it shows one of them clearly shouting at a player.
I think you will find that the team were so scared after the incident that they caved in and
ok, can understand and accept the frustrations and that the heart ruled the head, they acted off the cuff (not sure how smoke bombs can be a spontaneous thing at a football match) but I have questions

- What was actually perceived by the wider public as the purpose of the pitch invasion by 7 or 8 blokes and the smoke bombs?
- did they have anything at the time that actually showed the media in particular they wanted "SISU out"?
- did their protest actually have a message that was clear to everyone on the day?
- is this yet another fans group, who are acting independently of any organised protest movement?
- will their "sacrifice" actually make it harder to protest going forward and therefore diminish the national coverage needed?

I am all for protest, civil disobedience is sometimes necessary, but for it to work it has to carry a growing number of others with it in support, it must have clear purpose and reason, it must make people in the wider public but particularly decision makers take note become interested and not be able to be easily dismissed as unsocial behaviour. Sorry I still can not support or condone illegal actions

I guess we all have different ways to contribute to the fight but getting a criminal record and then being banned from seeing CCFC is not one I would or could choose. Just my opinion
Standing in front of a horse got women the vote, each to their own but I hope that enough supporters of our club recognize that this wasn't anything other than a protest by individuals who felt they had to do something. I won't say a word against them even if I don't agree with the method.

Grendel

I am all for protest, civil disobedience is sometimes necessary, but for it to work it has to carry a growing number of others with it in support, it must have clear purpose and reason, it must make people in the wider public but particularly decision makers take note become interested and not be able to be easily dismissed as unsocial loutish behaviour. Sorry I still can not support or condone illegal actions

Final thought the protests are crying out for strong leadership and unity of the CCFC fans, I see neither in what happened at Sixfields. I see great division and people doing their own thing. Frustration, anger and a lack of hope is such a bad mix to have

If people really want to target a protest action surely they should do something that actually targets Seppalla. She, unlike the oystens, is publicity shy. Negative protests against her through the media or by other means would seem an obvious route.

Doing something seems the buzz word of the day. It's like if you lost your car keys on holiday but looked for them in your house. It's doing something but achieving nothing.

Fans on pitches creates negative stereotypical images which re-enforces negative pre conceived views above all else I would guess.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Think you will find it took a lot more than standing in front of the Kings horse, but that action got a nation and in particular the establishment to take interest for a moment and could not be so easily dismissed. What got women the vote was tireless campaigning over a long period of time that built up a groundswell of support, and necessarily with the male politicians. her death happened in 1913, women over 30 got vote in 1918, women over 21 in 1928. Men over 21 in 1918. Hardly an instant change because of her sad death, and you could bet a lot of the male establishment would have been shocked because it was the kings horse

Sixfields was their choice of actions for which they have to take responsibility. I can understand it, I question it, but I do not agree with it. Sensitive issue really and I hope they get treated with some leniency

NortonSkyBlue

Think you will find it took a lot more than standing in front of the Kings horse, but that action got a nation and in particular the establishment to take interest for a moment and could not be so easily dismissed. What got women the vote was tireless campaigning over a long period of time that built up a groundswell of support, and necessarily with the male politicians. her death happened in 1913, women over 30 got vote in 1918, women over 21 in 1928. Men over 21 in 1918. Hardly an instant change because of her sad death, and you could bet a lot of the male establishment would have been shocked because it was the kings horse

Sixfields was their choice of actions for which they have to take responsibility. I can understand it, I question it, but I do not agree with it. Sensitive issue really and I hope they get treated with some leniency
And it will take more than a few pigs, a pitch invasion and bit of sky blue smoke to end this misery. This is our club, it's either worth fighting for or it's not.
I have given my suggestions and am willing to put my money where my mouth is to bring about a sensible protest.
I have the utmost respect for all posters on here as the one thing we share is a passion for the Sky Blues, I just wish we could harness that passion to be part of a solution to the not so slow death of our club.

Users who are viewing this thread