Transfer Rumour Randell Williams (1 Viewer)

KenilworthSkyBlue

It wouldn't be all that surprising if we're looking at bringing in another winger. I suspect Jones is likely to be tried and tested in the U23s initially for the first few months to continue building his match sharpness - along with Bapaga/Ngandu - and Jobello is surely still a way off from a return. Also, there's certainly a question mark over whether Kastaneer will be with us by the end of the current window. So that potentially only really leaves us with one natural first-team quality winger in Hillsner for the first few months of the season.

We'll certainly need more depth than that if we're to adopt the same formation we did at the beginning of last season as a 'Plan B'. Or a modified version perhaps if Robins is keen on sticking with five at the back.

Sky Blue Pete

It wouldn't be all that surprising if we're looking at bringing in another winger. I suspect Jones is likely to be tried and tested in the U23s initially for the first few months to continue building his match sharpness - along with Bapaga/Ngandu - and Jobello is surely still a way off from a return. Also, there's certainly a question mark over whether Kastaneer will be with us by the end of the current window. So that potentially only really leaves us with one natural first-team quality winger in Hillsner for the first few months of the season.

We'll certainly need more depth than that if we're to adopt the same formation we did at the beginning of last season as a 'Plan B'. Or a modified version perhaps if Robins is keen on sticking with five at the back.
What about Jones

KenilworthSkyBlue

What about Jones

Like I said, I suspect he'll be tried and tested in the U23s initially to continue working on his match sharpness and get more minutes under his belt. I think I'm right in saying this, but I'm sure I read a few weeks/months ago that Robins thought the season being stopped was probably worse for Jones than it was for Jobello as Jodi was just finding his feet and beginning to get first-team ready. But once the pandemic hit all that progress essentially flew out of the window, whereas with Jobello it simply gave him more recovery time.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Hamer replaces Walsh the rest were under 23’s level

Bit harsh on Westbrooke don't you think? He scored 4 goals and registered 5 assists last season in 32 games - a solid return for a midfielder. I'd bet those numbers would've probably increased if the season wasn't curtailed and he'd played more as well. Personally I think Bristol Rovers have done smart business by bringing him in as he showed more than enough last season to prove he's up to the standard of League One.

cc84cov

Bit harsh on Westbrooke don't you think? He scored 4 goals and registered 5 assists last season in 32 games - a solid return for a midfielder. I'd bet those numbers would've probably increased if the season wasn't curtailed and he'd played more as well. Personally I think Bristol Rovers have done smart business by bringing him in as he showed more than enough last season to prove he's up to the standard of League One.
Yes my mistake I meant the 3 younger lads

cc84cov

Anyway seems to be another made up rumour there is nothing on this anywhere and the poster can’t reveal source 🤷🏻‍♂️

Close it

Legia Sky Blue

Sounds like baseless rubbish to me. Saw him in the play offs, and yes is skilful but very lightweight. Not only does he look like Jodie Jones, he plays like him too, but I think Jones is better.

TTG

cant see anything on Twitter. Hull have had a bid rejected apparently.

We played 541 against Rangers. Only the U23s played 532
We played 5-2-2-1 against Rnagers. Only the Shmmeee brain played 5-4-1

fernandopartridge

Like I said, I suspect he'll be tried and tested in the U23s initially to continue working on his match sharpness and get more minutes under his belt. I think I'm right in saying this, but I'm sure I read a few weeks/months ago that Robins thought the season being stopped was probably worse for Jones than it was for Jobello as Jodi was just finding his feet and beginning to get first-team ready. But once the pandemic hit all that progress essentially flew out of the window, whereas with Jobello it simply gave him more recovery time.
Interesting, I had assumed it was good for Jones as it allowed him more time to continue his rehab, that said I suppose getting fit and getting match fit are very different things. I think he'll be involved as much as possible early season without actually starting matches.

RingoCCFC

Maybe the idea is to sneak a 12th player onto the pitch and hope the ref doesn't notice

Must be the new doppelgänger tactic? I swear when Hamer first joined in angles he looked like O’hare, this guys a clone of Jodi! ‘Mark the lad with the long hair that’s quicker than marlon devonish... what one gaffa’ ‘oi you mark the really talented lad that keeps mugging us off’ ‘what one gaffa’ 👀

It’s all making sense now! 😂

KenilworthSkyBlue

Interesting, I had assumed it was good for Jones as it allowed him more time to continue his rehab, that said I suppose getting fit and getting match fit are very different things. I think he'll be involved as much as possible early season without actually starting matches.

Yeah I actually found the comment from Robins last night. Although, it was in an interview in April during 'lockdown' rather than me reading it. Shows how time has become so blurred in recent months as I genuinely thought I'd come across it only a matter of weeks ago as well. Tried to upload but it won't load on the website for some reason. But if you want to have a listen it's an interview from April 23rd on the club website. There's a direct question about whether the pause would benefit Jodi and Jobello but he pretty much said yes for Jobello, but not so much for Jodi as he was only a few weeks away from getting into the first team picture.

cc84cov

Yeah I actually found the comment from Robins last night. Although, it was in an interview in April during 'lockdown' rather than me reading it. Shows how time has become so blurred in recent months as I genuinely thought I'd come across it only a matter of weeks ago as well. Tried to upload but it won't load on the website for some reason. But if you want to have a listen it's an interview from April 23rd on the club website. There's a direct question about whether the pause would benefit Jodi and Jobello but he pretty much said yes for Jobello, but not so much for Jodi as he was only a few weeks away from getting into the first team picture.
The extra rest for Jodi can only be a good thing I feel

Users who are viewing this thread