Racism from home end on Saturday (7 Viewers)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Just spotted this on Twitter

Not near where I sit so didn’t witness myself but let’s hope this culprit is a one off and is dealt with swiftly! Looks like the Club and Police are already on it

Sad that in 2019 we still have to have conversations around the subject!

djr8369

Is this why Coleman ran over screaming at a steward just before kick off?

Also did anyone see what issue there was in the crowd which caused problem to be shouting for someone to be thrown out in the second half? Seemed to be towards the away fans and about half way up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TTG

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Is this why Coleman ran over screaming at a steward just before kick off?

Also did anyone see what issue there was in the crowd which caused problem to be shouting for someone to be thrown out in the second half? Seemed to be towards the away fans and about half way up.

This was directly below me, there was about 10 minutes still to play and my initial thought when I saw it was someone had said something racist to the left back, then saw something about racism on twitter (different to message you saw). Expected to hear more about it on here as there were plenty involved.

Evo1883

This was directly below me, there was about 10 minutes still to play and my initial thought when I saw it was someone had said something racist to the left back, then saw something about racism on twitter (different to message you saw). Expected to hear more about it on here as there were plenty involved.

Nah that was about a bloke shouting at somebody who had a child on their shoulders.. I was right next to that

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Nah that was about a bloke shouting at somebody who had a child on their shoulders.. I was right next to that

Ah okay, was all very heated so I assumed whoever the perpetrator was had done something pretty bad, so racism fitted the reaction. half the block seemed to be telling the police/stewards to get him out ASAP.

AStonesThrow

we have our own tv channel ?. We cant even fill one hour on a once a week phone in.

Assume the 1-4am slot will be "ramblings of The Coventrian"
We're not as fortunate as Sunderland though, they have two of their very own programmes. Theres the tearjerker on Netflix, and Benefit Britain

christonabike

The bloke with the child (approx 2 years old) sat in front of me. He turns up 10 mins into the game and makes 20 people stand up whilst he goes across to his seat with said child in arms. 10 mins before half time he decides to go early and makes the 20 people stand up again. Roll on 10 mins into the second half he returns and does the same again.
Guess what? 10 mins before the end he decides to go and stand at the back in someones view. OK the bloke shouted at him which he didnt need to do but its not just the people standing up but the people behind that have to wait for everyone to sit down again.
Maybe a bit of common sense and get a seat on the end if he is going to feck about. It got heated and a few cretins were making a huge scene out of it and it would look like a major issue which it wasnt.

rob9872

It was all handbagsfrom what I saw, but used the kid as a shield too. Kept him on his shoulders the entire time whilst rowing. Great piece of parenting all round. Not only a tool standing up in front of him so bloke couldn't see, but simply because he had a kid others were piling in to abuse the old bloke who complained. They were all coming up to the bloke with kid stewards too, asking if he and kid were ok. If he genuinely wanted a row, put the kid down and get stuck in.

AStonesThrow

It was all handbagsfrom what I saw, but used the kid as a shield too. Kept him on his shoulders the entire time whilst rowing. Great piece of parenting all round. Not only a tool standing up in front of him so bloke couldn't see, but simply because he had a kid others were piling in to abuse the old bloke who complained. They were all coming up to the bloke with kid stewards too, asking if he and kid were ok. If he genuinely wanted a row, put the kid down and get stuck in.
Was the child called Michael by any chance?

Actually no, he was in our back three...Michael Rose

Skybluefaz

Was the child called Michael by any chance?

Actually no, he was in our back three...Michael Rose
giphy.gif

torchomatic

Wtf ?????

If people see their politicians being racist without any condemnation or punishment then they will start to think they can be racist too. Brexit has given racists more courage.

Grendel

Mate, that’s a link to peer reviewed research. Don’t stick your head in the sand just because you don’t like the messenger.

Mate if you are actually going to find a link to brexit then you’d need to show it’s a spike rather than a continuation of a trend from the same timescale backwards over the same period so say 2012

oh it’s a trend not a leap well there’s a surprise

David O'Day

Mate if you are actually going to find a link to brexit then you’d need to show it’s a spike rather than a continuation of a trend from the same timescale backwards over the same period so say 2012

oh it’s a trend not a leap well there’s a surprise
It increases massively after the brexit referendum though

Here's the Government stats. It spikes a bit around the Lee Rigby murder and the Cahrlie Hebdo attacks but then almost doubles after the EU referendum result.

https://assets.publishing.service.g...le/748598/hate-crime-1718-hosb2018.pdf#page=8

Grendel

shmmeee

Cool so.the governments statistics are wrong and grendel knows more than the police crime survey. Clown

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Come over to the other threads in OT. I get the impression from the replies to him he also knows more than the ONS and the OECD. One man statistical hero is our G. But he can’t release his better figures, because he cares about the gainful employment of all these poor lesser statisticians I assume.

Grendel

Cool so.the governments statistics are wrong and grendel knows more than the police crime survey. Clown

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

They are actual violent crimes as opposed to incidents and a survey - on incidents what’s the YOy increases from 2013?

Grendel

Come over to the other threads in OT. I get the impression from the replies to him he also knows more than the ONS and the OECD. One man statistical hero is our G. But he can’t release his better figures, because he cares about the gainful employment of all these poor lesser statisticians I assume.

Oddly most of your facts are either from Swiss lecturers with a discredited poll, false tuc sponsored tripe or wrongly interpreted

oh and I’ve released those alternate figures

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

They are actual violent crimes as opposed to incidents and a survey - on incidents what’s the YOy increases from 2013?

But they're taking about a rise in racism. That includes incidents of it, not just crimes. It doesn't go from "I'll keep quiet" to "kick their fucking head in". There's a testing of the waters to see what they can get away with using racist language or "go home" shite first.

If the incidents are increasing more than the crimes then that actually supports that more people are becoming emboldened to show their racist tendencies in public and/or more often.

Grendel

But they're taking about a rise in racism. That includes incidents of it, not just crimes. It doesn't go from "I'll keep quiet" to "kick their fucking head in". There's a testing of the waters to see what they can get away with using racist language or "go home" shite first.

If the incidents are increasing more than the crimes then that actually supports that more people are becoming emboldened to show their racist tendencies in public and/or more often.

have they just increased since 2016?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

have they just increased since 2016?

Have they increased at a higher rate since 2016?

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/c...ion/_103888154_hate_crime_640_chart_v2-nc.png

Look at that spike during the EU referendum campaign and just after? Completely unrelated? It settled down a bit after again before big spikes due to terrorist atrocities but even now figures are almost twice the level they were when Lee Rigby was murdered.

I already know you're going to say "but the rates go down in between" but the trend is obvious. More people are willing to be prejudiced on race now than they were before the referendum was announced and some have just used it as the excuse they were looking for to openly hate people who doesn't look like them.

Grendel

Have they increased at a higher rate since 2016?

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/c...ion/_103888154_hate_crime_640_chart_v2-nc.png

Look at that spike during the EU referendum campaign and just after? Completely unrelated? It settled down a bit after again before big spikes due to terrorist atrocities but even now figures are almost twice the level they were when Lee Rigby was murdered.

I already know you're going to say "but the rates go down in between" but the trend is obvious. More people are willing to be prejudiced on race now than they were before the referendum was announced and some have just used it as the excuse they were looking for to openly hate people who doesn't look like them.

So the actual trend isn’t at all is it if you run an average line through it.

thanks for the confirmation

Users who are viewing this thread