Racism from home end on Saturday (2 Viewers)

David O'Day

So the actual trend isn’t at all is it if you run an average line through it.

thanks for the confirmation
No you can't as the trend line wod be between 2 and 3 thousand but it spikes to 6000 after the referendum. The graph is in my link have a gander.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

David O'Day

Come over to the other threads in OT. I get the impression from the replies to him he also knows more than the ONS and the OECD. One man statistical hero is our G. But he can’t release his better figures, because he cares about the gainful employment of all these poor lesser statisticians I assume.
He's thick as pigshit though. I genuinely feel sorry for him

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Grendel

I wouldn’t. Classic Boomer who has been handed every advantage in life and risen well above his capability.

Actually you remind me of an analyst I had once. He was supposed to average car sales across retailers

He made a formula and calculated the biggest selling retailer was Inverness despite being the smallest retailer historically. Like you he saw it and never questioned it.

Of course a leasing company for a rival had gone in there and massively distorted the figures. He just sees base data and however idiotic the result can’t question it

He’s like you. It’s funny - you try to sound smart but it’s obvious why you are where you are - you simply are not very good at challenging and questioning - you seem oddly impressed with a graph or a badly drawn excel sheet if it suits you’d already very opinionated view

Those chips on your shoulders keep growing don’t they?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Actually you remind me of an analyst I had once. He was supposed to average car sales across retailers

He made a formula and calculated the biggest selling retailer was Inverness despite being the smallest retailer historically. Like you he saw it and never questioned it.

Of course a leasing company for a rival had gone in there and massively distorted the figures. He just sees base data and however idiotic the result can’t question it

He’s like you. It’s funny - you try to sound smart but it’s obvious why you are where you are - you simply are not very good at challenging and questioning - you seem oddly impressed with a graph or a badly drawn excel sheet if it suits you’d already very opinionated view

Those chips on your shoulders keep growing don’t they?

So why do you fail to question all the hypocrisy and faults of a system which you've just bought into hook, line and sinker without question? A lot of your stuff is direct from a 1980's economic textbook.

I think it's far more likely you are where you are not because you challenged and questioned but because you didn't. You could be guaranteed to spout the same methods and way of thinking as those above you so they could trust you not to mess about with everything.

It is true that analysts can just accept stuff which should be questioned, See the Enron scandal and the, at the time, well respected analysts that kept on recommending Enron. Even when the profitability stagnated and it was pushed on a revenue basis, which for anyone with even GCSE business should be a "WTF?" moment many analysts just swallowed it and kept on recommending it.

Sometimes these things can be down to deadlines. You look at stuff you think isn't right but the analysis is needed before you're going to have time to look into it so you have to go with it.

Also, why did you hire the analyst? If he was that poor why didn't you just do it yourself or get someone else in? Did you make a poor recruitment decision or were you swayed by someone else's recommendation?

Grendel

So why do you fail to question all the hypocrisy and faults of a system which you've just bought into hook, line and sinker without question? A lot of your stuff is direct from a 1980's economic textbook.

I think it's far more likely you are where you are not because you challenged and questioned but because you didn't. You could be guaranteed to spout the same methods and way of thinking as those above you so they could trust you not to mess about with everything.

It is true that analysts can just accept stuff which should be questioned, See the Enron scandal and the, at the time, well respected analysts that kept on recommending Enron. Even when the profitability stagnated and it was pushed on a revenue basis, which for anyone with even GCSE business should be a "WTF?" moment many analysts just swallowed it and kept on recommending it.

Sometimes these things can be down to deadlines. You look at stuff you think isn't right but the analysis is needed before you're going to have time to look into it so you have to go with it.

Also, why did you hire the analyst? If he was that poor why didn't you just do it yourself or get someone else in? Did you make a poor recruitment decision or were you swayed by someone else's recommendation?

I didn’t hire him I inherited him - He moved fairly quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread