R.A.O.B club to close (1 Viewer)

skyblueinBaku

Gas club would be best, doombar on tap in there also
Thanks, NL. I assume it's like the Buffs in as much as it's a case of turn up and pay the parking fee.

Kneeza

Sad now. My dad was a member until the day he died. Used to go there with him and mum on a Saturday as a kid in the sixties and play bingo (if we didn't go to his works club - Self Changing Gears on Lythalls Lane).
Another bit of my childhood gone!

Otis

As I say, would be brilliant for the cub to buy it. Do we think there is any chance of that happening?

They want to generate more income.

Not sure how big it is in there, but is it big enough for birthday parties and wedding receptions and engagment parties etc? Could then also have player/manager evenings there, quizzes and have the whole place decked out in sky blue.

Can't think it will be up for sale for that much will it?

fernandopartridge

As I say, would be brilliant for the cub to buy it. Do we think there is any chance of that happening?

Not sure how big it is in there, but is it big enough for birthday parties and wedding receptions and engagment parties etc? Could then also have player/manager evenings there, quizzes and have the whole place decked out in sky blue.

It's got land with it so will be a few hundred thousand I imagine. Not exactly affordable for the club, would struggle to turn a profit on it in the same way the current occupiers do.

Kneeza

Big like.
From memory (long time ago and I was nobbut a kid) it's a decent size. Would love this to happen.

Otis

It's got land with it so will be a few hundred thousand I imagine. Not exactly affordable for the club, would struggle to turn a profit on it in the same way the current occupiers do.
Yeah, but the advantages being that it would be the City's club.

Would think for City fans getting married and having birthdays parties etc., it would be their first choice destination.

Some clubs do, do well. Would need a lot of thought and enterprise, but it could work.

Might then also make for a better communication between club and fan too.

Why not turn it into a sports bar too, so showing lots of love events across all sports.

Johnnythespider

This has been on the cards for a while now, the previous landlords said the owners were looking to sell it for housing. I imagine some more prefab houses will be built there like those on the other side of the car park wall.

AStonesThrow

I always park there when I go up to a game. I'll have to find somewhere else now. :(
My kids mum lives just around the corner from the Ricoh and she gets allocated parking - 6 cars per household - who get free parking if they're registered by her to the address .Give me a message if you're interested in being put on that, sure she wouldn't mind

skyblueinBaku

My kids mum lives just around the corner from the Ricoh and she gets allocated parking - 6 cars per household - who get free parking if they're registered by her to the address .Give me a message if you're interested in being put on that, sure she wouldn't mind
Thanks, Stones Throw, but I won't accept your kind offer. I can't get to the Ricoh very often, so I don't want to take up a space that a regular could use.

Otis

Thanks, Stones Throw, but I won't accept your kind offer. I can't get to the Ricoh very often, so I don't want to take up a space that a regular could use.
I won't take you up on it either. Would love to, but I can walk it in 45 minutes, so I am sure that someone more needy should be ahead of me in the rankings. :)

Users who are viewing this thread