R.A.O.B club to close (1 Viewer)

Johnnythespider

Thread title says it all, closing this Sunday. I will have to find somewhere else to park.
Check out @live_coventry’s Tweet:

GaryJones

Lets build a football Stadium there!
It will hold at least 1,500.

ajsccfc

Whatever is built there ought to have some kind of commemorative plaque for me for my pool record of winning every league game I played for them.

chiefdave

Come as a shock? CT on the ball as usual. Sure it was on here months ago it was going to be closed.

hill83

Yeah it was in the pipeline for closure for ages. It’s just happened earlier than expected.

CJ_covblaze

Sad day. My Grandad was a member of the Buffs. Think it was a less serious lodge type thing that raised a fair amount for charity in it’s time.

CJ_covblaze

Yep, like a poor mans Masons.

Yeah that’s right. He showed me his medals and other stuff from it the other week. Didn’t know anything about it until then. He said that if anyone spoke about religion or politics they’d be turfed out. That’s my kind of place!

shmmeee

Yeah that’s right. He showed me his medals and other stuff from it the other week. Didn’t know anything about it until then. He said that if anyone spoke about religion or politics they’d be turfed out. That’s my kind of place!

Sounds awesome. Sad I’m only hearing about this when it closes.

Always wanted to be in the illuminati.

Reactions: vow

CJ_covblaze

Sounds awesome. Sad I’m only hearing about this when it closes.

Always wanted to be in the illuminati.

Isn't that kinda the opposite?

skybluesam66

Sad day. My Grandad was a member of the Buffs. Think it was a less serious lodge type thing that raised a fair amount for charity in it’s time.
Ditto - went on many of their outings as a kid to Alton Towers and the like. One of the members was a bus driver, and he used to drive the bus down

Captain Dart

Took me a while to find it but I knew I had this somewhere, my Grandad's membership certificate 1917.
upload_2018-6-9_16-1-11.png

Users who are viewing this thread