Queues at ticket office today (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

How many need to be sold before they open the stand behind the goal? Guess once the Tesco stand is sold out they will sell the Tunnell side out then open behind the goal? Must have to be 17/18k home tickets I guess?

Bugsy

Someone in front of me in the queue asked that questionk but they cannot say as they now do Guess the attendence competition.

Thanks, I will stick wiv my prediction 14k, how do i enter haha PUSB

Ashdown

The ticket office has been amateurish since we returned to Cov last year, yet more pointless cost cutting no doubt. God help them down there with their single terminal if we keep winning !

skybluetony176

The reason the queue get's so long according to the lady behind the counter is season ticket sales and JSB membership are time consuming. Although bad news if you just want a match day ticket I guess the good news is that we're still selling lots season tickets and getting plenty of JSB's to boot which has to be healthy for the club. It would, I guess also mean that come the next home game you would think that the majority in the queue are just after match day tickets so the queue will be shorter or at least moving faster.

Either way looks like we'll have a decent crowd tomorrow night. Can't wait.

chiefdave

The reason the queue get's so long according to the lady behind the counter is season ticket sales and JSB membership are time consuming.

Think someone said that now all the games have been loaded on the system they have to allocate you your season ticket seat for each game individually which obviously takes time.

Leamington Pete

Can now go so bought tickets online this afternoon but it doesn't explain collection procedure very clearly. Does anyone know do I have to suffer the shop ticket queue during the day or are there options to pick up tickets at the ground before the game? Thought buying online was the sensible option but if I've got to make a special daytime trip from Leam it will be a pain and defeat the object a bit.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Can now go so bought tickets online this afternoon but it doesn't explain collection procedure very clearly. Does anyone know do I have to suffer the shop ticket queue during the day or are there options to pick up tickets at the ground before the game? Thought buying online was the sensible option but if I've got to make a special daytime trip from Leam it will be a pain and defeat the object a bit.

Collect from ticket office at the Ricoh from 5pm onwards I believe. May want to get that confirmed from someone who has actually bought online before though.

cornoccfc

Do students go though? Often thought the club should give 250 tickets out to each of Cov & Warwick uni for the first 3/4 games of the season after term starts put a few coaches on get them up and there try and get them hooked, might not come back but they might spend £40 on a shirt as a momento etc.

Yep, hardly missed a home game in my 4 years in Coventry.

skybluetony176

There will still be pay on the day right?

Believe so. I heard the lady behind the counter tell someone that the windows at the Ricoh will be open from 5pm tomorrow. Presumably the ticket outlet in the shop will shut some time before that so they can move the operation over.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Believe so. I heard the lady behind the counter tell someone that the windows at the Ricoh will be open from 5pm tomorrow. Presumably the ticket outlet in the shop will shut some time before that so they can move the operation over.
The arena tesco shop doesn't sell tickets on match day I believe

Leamington Pete

Collect from ticket office at the Ricoh from 5pm onwards I believe. May want to get that confirmed from someone who has actually bought online before though.

Ta for that. Hope an announcement regarding ticket collection is made as the chances of anyone answering the phone must be non existent.

Ashdown

There are tonnes of tickets left, you only have to take a quick look at the online sales site. We must have had circa 3000 walk ups for the last home game. Could possibly get a similar crowd to that though ?!

Bugsy

I reckon it'll be one of those where you guess how many people are in the stadium and if you're right you win a prize.

Hahaha. PUSB

skybluetony176

I reckon it'll be one of those where you guess how many people are in the stadium and if you're right you win a prize.

Crikey. Fancy me not think of that ;)

I was thinking more along the lines of how/where do you enter, how much does it cost to enter and what's the prize?

brez

Pick up from citibase, lockhurst lane 10 till 4 or ticket window at ground from 5pm.

D

Deleted member 2477

Well i bought a season ticket today and it took no more than 5 min to complete the sale and no longer than people buying a match day ticket. I think the problem is just the one till which they will need to sort out if we continue to do well as it wont cope

steveo1987

There are tonnes of tickets left, you only have to take a quick look at the online sales site. We must have had circa 3000 walk ups for the last home game. Could possibly get a similar crowd to that though ?!

You've gone metric ashdown.

cloughie

Although I have a season ticketI went to buy a ticket for someone else before the Wigan game . Shocking customer service 1Till working and 2 others staff flaffing about behind the counter putting kids shirts on hangers. 15 /20 minutes in the queue with 4/5 people ahead of me

Absolutely clueless customer focus

W

westcountry_skyblue

Does anyone know where i pick my preordered ticket from,Is it the new shop by tesco or elsewhere?

Qwerty70

Cash stiles will be same as Wigan, stiles 30-34. I suggest not arriving at 7.40pm and moaning when you don't make kick off!

mark82

Not that many left. Far less than I expected. Still mulling over whether to come down for this.

Wheelfass

Surely you sit in the space you get assigned when they hand you the ticket when you give them the cash? That's how it is usually isn't it?
If you've bought a 6 or 12 match package you have the choice of either selecting a particular seat before match day or if you prefer you could just hand in the voucher at the turnstile and find a vacant seat to sit in. That's where the problem of sitting in someone else's seat can occur.

Users who are viewing this thread